PDA

View Full Version : dextrose, when to take it, how do i get it

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-16-2002, 02:45 PM
i am cutting as ive told yall before so i dont wanna take too much dextrose but i was considering taking like a minimal amount like 15 grams pre workout with a whole banana, another 10 grams during workout and another 10 after workout. where do i get dextrose, i think i heard somebody say they eat sweet tarts for the dextrose what foods have dextrose in them. and another thing i heard its right to take dextrose right after and protien about 30 min later after the dextrose....right? tell me if i should change my timings on my dextrose and why, your help will be appreciated. now time fo' some tuna wit my jalepeno sauce

syntekz
02-16-2002, 03:46 PM
http://www.supplementdirect.com

I just bought 11 lbs from them. It was 21 dollars with shipping and handling. Was here within in 5 days...

WilliamX
02-16-2002, 06:10 PM
yeah, mix it with Kool Aid and Creatine.:)

WilliamX
02-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Buttcheeks
... and another thing i heard its right to take dextrose right after and protien about 30 min later after the dextrose....right? tell me if i should change my timings on my dextrose and why...
I was thinking about the same thing always - if I should take my protein shake with dextrose - wouldnt it somehow slow down digestion of dextrose? On the other hand I need to drink protein as soon as possible too. So I really dont know. For now I just wait about 10 mins after I drink dextrose and before I drink protein.

Slim Schaedle
02-16-2002, 09:07 PM
do you really need it during your workout? If you're cutting, i wouldn't do this. Go with what syntekz posted and get supplement direct. 10 bux for an 11lb jug of dextrose...lasts a long time...esp if you only want 10-15 g per serving...which, by the way....ain't sh** for a post workout shake

BigBossMan
04-20-2007, 11:47 AM
The prices for this website are extremely lower than what I am paying right now at the local health and supplement shop. How is the quality of the protein/creatine/glutamine/dextrose products. I could save a ton of money going this route.

Cirino83
04-20-2007, 12:03 PM
^^ Try this website. www.atlargenutrition.com

The quality/price/customer service is my favorite I've come across and alot on this site can vouche for that. Their protein is the best IMO..creatine is cheap and effective. As far as dex....it's all the same I thought? And glutamine is useless.

DrnkMnky
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I would go with Waxy Maize Starch (WMS), especially since your cutting. Google kwik carb or kwick carb.