PDA

View Full Version : freac's journal, and stuff.

freac
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
What I'm doing right now is basically a modified WBB#1. I first started lifting last spring and progressed through summer, but at that time I really didn't have any clue what the heck I was doing so I didn't gain much. I started out doing legs, upper body, and plyometrics, until I hurt my knee so I only did upperbody. Bleh. Then I quit for the duration of Soccer season, and started up again. Since then I started doing more freeweights and stuff but still only upperbody. Then sometime during January I took the WBB#1 template and messed around with it for a bit. So I am finally doing legs, and I like it, but they're obviously weaker proportionately compared to my upperbody. Anyways.

Weight: 150
Height: 6'0-6'2 (I don't know)

Monday:
Bench 3x6
DB Press 2x6
Dips 3x6
Deadlift 3x6
BO DB Rows 3x6
Chinups 3x6

Wed:
CG Bench 3x6
Preacher BB Curls 3x6
Standing Tricep Pushdown 3x6
Hammer Curls 2x6
Lateral Raises 3x8
Shrugs 4x10

Fri:
Squats 3x6
Hack Squats 3x6
SL Deadlift 3x6
Leg Curls 3x6
Calf extensions 4x10

I've written down everything I've done for the past 3 weeks or so I've been doing this program.

freac
02-03-2007, 01:45 PM
oops

freac
02-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I actually took them just yesterday, but whatever. Yep... I need to gain some weight, just look at that stomach in Pic #1. I've been cursed with that ceral-bowl for a while now <_<

McVein
02-04-2007, 06:56 AM
looks like you've got a good base to build on, eat the house down and lift heavy, youll be huge this time next year

freac
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I drank about 4-quarts of water throughout the day and got plenty to eat.

Bench: 4, 3, 2 (135)
Deads: 6, 6, 6 (135)
Dips: 4, 5, 4 (25)
BO DB Rows: 6, 6, 6 (50's)
DB Incline Press: 6, 6, 6 (30's)
Chin ups: 8, 7, 6

Dissapointed with the bench. Last week I did 6, 6, 4 at 125, I thought I'd do better, but that's how it goes. Deads were easy, but I don't want to move up in weight too fast since I've only been doing them for about 2 weeks. First time doing weighted dips, went pretty well although I'm not too happy with the belt I just bought, it's one-size-fits-all and fits me very loosely, I was afraid it might fall off. Still struggling with the incline press, I've been doing them for maybe 4 weeks and I haven't moved up in weight once, although I could stand to next week. Chin ups, what can I say, I'm new to these too.

All in all I'm satisfied, just a little dissapointed with my Bench and DB Press. Also, I decided to move Shrugs to Wednesday.

freac
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Blah.

CG Bench: 6, 6, 6 (120)
BB Preacher Curl: 6, 6, 6 (70)
Standing Pushdown: 6, 6, 6 (80)
Hammer Curl: 6, 5 (35's)
Shrugs: 20, 15, 15 (35's)

What to say... Well I didn't put it down cuz it was such a failure but I tried abs today.
I put a 30 pound straight bar behind my head, jumped on the incline ab bench, did a rep, and hurt myself! ^_^ Not seriously or anything just enough so that my right oblique is sore. Mental note: stob being a ****** and work up slower :D

Shrugs...gah, I don't like them. But I can deal. That's why the weight is so low just now, if I go much higher my form suffers.

Mr. _____
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Good stuff so far man. It looks like we're in about the same situation as far as our starting stats and goals, although by your pictures and first 2 workouts you seem to be a little ahead of me, but we're both around 6'1-6'2, 150s and looking to gain some serious strength. It's good to have someone else on here thats around my level, and even cooler that we're both using basically the same routine (WBB#1) because reading all these journals of people benching 270 and deadlifting 400 can be discouraging at times. Good luck with your training and hopefully we'll both be up there with those other big guys soon!

freac
02-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Nice of the two of you to post in my journal, feedback is always nice!

Leg day, whoopee.

Squats 6-all (135)
Hack Squats 6-all (135)
SL Deads 6-all (135)
Leg Curls 6-all (35)
Calf Extensions 12-all (115)

Pretty simple. i'm still building up slow so I don't do something stupid and end up in a hospital bed. Everything was pretty easy except for Squats, I hate having to hold the bar so low on my back, it feels so unnatural and makes my shoulders hurt. But enough whining, I'll live :p

Umm...nothing to say.

freac
02-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I notice that I made a mistake in my last workout report. I actually curled 70. Don't know what I was thinking...

freac
02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Bench 4, 4, 2 (135)
Chinups 8, 8, 6 (BW)
Incline DB Press 6, 6 (35's)
BO DB Rows 6, 6, 4 (55's)
Deadlifts 6, 6, 6 (175)

Friggin' Bench. Didn't do dips because I forgot my dip belt, like the idiot I am. -_-

Mr. _____
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Nice chinups man! I don't know if it's just me that sucks or if you're especially good at those, but you're only 10 ahead on bench and 20 ahead on deadlifts yet you can do 3 sets of 8 chinups where as I can only do like 2 sets of 2, maybe 3. Great job with those chins hopefully I can catch up soon.

freac
02-14-2007, 02:42 PM
You are doing chinups (as opposed to pullups), right? I imagine I couldn't do near as many pullups.

So today I feel like garbage. I've had a nonstop stomach ache for the past 24+ hours, and I don't have the slightest clue why. I'm postponing my workout until tomorrow.

Mr. _____
02-14-2007, 03:22 PM
You are doing chinups (as opposed to pullups), right? I imagine I couldn't do near as many pullups.

So today I feel like garbage. I've had a nonstop stomach ache for the past 24+ hours, and I don't have the slightest clue why. I'm postponing my workout until tomorrow. Chinups are the ones with your palms facing away from you right? Assuming those are chinups, yes I'm doing those. As far as your sickness, hang in there man. Good idea resting today, 1 day off won't make one bit of difference in the long run, so get better and have a good workout tomorrow rather than a half-assed one today.

freac
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Chinups are the ones with your palms facing away from you right?

Nah man, underhand grip (towards you).

So it's Wednesday, and I'm pissed >_>
I've missed FOUR WORKOUTS. I've been really really really sick. I do plan on starting again Friday, but damn, four workputs. It's terrible that I've lost those and I can't do anything about it. Damn.

Mr. _____
02-23-2007, 08:57 AM
So it's Wednesday, and I'm pissed >_>
I've missed FOUR WORKOUTS. I've been really really really sick. I do plan on starting again Friday, but damn, four workputs. It's terrible that I've lost those and I can't do anything about it. Damn. So as if we're not similar enough in our lifting, I guess we have to get sick at the exact same time too. I've done 1 workout in the past like 9 days I think it is. I'm finally pretty much better now and I'm about to head off to the gym in like 5 minutes for the first time in so long. Don't get discouraged though man, in the long run 4 workouts isn't that much.

freac
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Legs.

Squats 6-all (135)
SL Deads 6-all (155)
Hack Squats 6-all (155)
Calves 15-15-15 (115)

As far as how I felt... still tired. I was breathing hard after sets. I felt weaker, but since I was still building up my legs before I got sick, it was hard to tell.

I didn't do curls cuz some :moon: was crowding the machine I wanted, and I didn't really want to hang around any longer cuz I was really tired...so lazy of me, I know, but I think I can live with myself.

Squats are HELL. My spotter tells me to hold the bar low on my back, cuz if I hold it too high I'll hurt my neck eventually. His advice soudns good, but as it is my shoulders are getting ripped out of their sockets. I'm gonna watch some vids tonight and make sure my form is right.

Also, I lost some weight. I don't know how much, but probably 3 pounds. Dammit <_<

I probably whine a lot in this blog thing, but contrary to how I type my spirits are highe nough right now.

freac
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Bench 4, 3, 2 (125)
Chinups 8, 8, 4 (BW)
Dips 4, 2, 3 (25)
Deads 6-all (175)
BO DB Rows 6-all (50's)

So, wtf bench. I know I was sick but this is ridiculous, but I digress. Other than that I guess it was good having just been sick. So yeah.

Detard
02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Lookin good in here man. Your numbers will keep on going up if you stay consistent.

freac
02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
CG Bench 6,6,4 (115)
P Curls 6,6,4 (65)
Standing Tri Pushdowns 6-all (75)
H Curls 4,4,3 (35's)
Shrugs 12-all (45's)
Incline Ab Crunch 8-all (15)

I've obviously gotten weaker as far as wednesdays are concerned. Most noticable are the H Curls. Blaaaaaaah

I don't know if I posted this yet but I actually lost 5 pounds when I was sick. Yikes.

booyah
03-02-2007, 02:31 AM
Hi...nice lifting and remember to keep eating...check out my journal if you want to look at another skinny guy.

freac
03-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Leg Curls: 6-all (70)
Squats: 6,6,4 (135)
Hacks: 6-all (185)
SL Deads: 3,3,4 (185)
Calves: 12-all (135)

All I can say is my upper body is letting me down. When I'm squatting it seems I can choose between moderately painful (yet ultimately more detrimental to my health, I think) neck pain or excrutiating pain in my shoulder joints. It's not at all that the weight is too heavy, I had to rack up before I could finish for fear that I would strain something in my arm/shoulder region. As for SL Deads, I let up early every time cuz my grip was breaking...I had problems with my fore-arms a while back, and although they don't bother me any more a side-effect is that I have horrendously weak grip.

I don't know how to fix this...off to make a thread elsewhere and see if I can get some advice I guess!

booyah
03-03-2007, 12:44 AM
where are you placing the bar? it shouldnt be on your neck, it should be on your traps.

freac
03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I realize that. I can't for the life of me keep it on my traps though, it slides down when I make the squatting motion until it's halfway down my back. I think it might be weak shoulders, cuz my shoulders are screwed as hell, but who knows.

Either way I got some advice on it and I'll try next Friday.

freac
03-03-2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=93294

Nice topic about bar placement. Actually, I bet everyone knew that stuff except me, but then again I'm fine with that, this can be like a memo-to-self

>_>

freac
03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Bench: 5,4,3 (125)
Chinups: 4,3,3 (20)
Incline Press: 6-all (30's)
Deads: 6-all (185)
Dips: 5,4,3 (20)
BO DB Rows: 6-all (50's)

Bench is slowly getting better, although I lol at the fact that I was stronger about 6 weeks ago. First day of weighted chinups, not bad I think. Incline, reluctantly moved down to 30's and completed it easily...why can't I just do 35's again? >_> Deads, while I can still do these fairly easily, they tire me out like nothing else. Dips, moved down from 25, it barely shows, will I ever get used to these? <_< DB Rows, stayed at 50 even though I completed it last week...when I do it with 50's I still have trouble keeping me back straight for every rep, maybe I'll stay here a little longer.

Good workout.

freac
03-08-2007, 06:00 PM
CG Bench: 5,5,4 (120)
P Curls: 6,6,4 (65)
Standing PD's: 6-all (75)
H Curls: 6-all (35's)
Shrugs: 12,12 (50's)
Incline Curls: 8-all (20)

CG bench was dumb because my spotter put on a five instead of a ten on one side, so the bar was lopsided (only for the first set). >_>
P Curls were stupid because at the gym I went to (one I normally don't go to) has curl bars that are so worn down that I can't grip them properly, making it hard to keep the bar from spinning while I curl.
PD's, H Curls, Incline Curls, good good good
Shrugs meh

I think I'm getting sick again (I hope to God not, I was just sick). I guess I'll find out soon.

freac
03-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Leg Curls: 6-all (80)
Squats: 6-all (95,115,135)
Hacks: 6-all (205)
SL Deads: 6,4 (185)
Calf Raises: 12-all (135)

I was at the other (sucky) club again, so I had to use different stuff for leg curls and calves, which is why the numbers look different. I'm kinda figuring out that whole muscle-shelf business with squats. I've decided from now on to only do two sets of Squats, Hacks, and SL Deads (not counting warmup sets). 3 sets of each just tires me out too fast, I think it'll be more productive to do 2.

Mr. _____
03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Nice hack squats and SLDL's, you're way ahead of me on those man! Keep it up!

freac
03-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Bench: 6,5,3 (125)
Chinups: 6,4,3 (20)
Deads: 6,6 (205)
Incline Press: 3,6 (35's)
BO DB Rows: 6,6,6 (50's)
Dips: 5,5,4 (20)

Mondays. Eww. They just wipe me out, but I'm ok with that (go figure that's why i do what I do, I think).
Bench...eww. I'm beginning to think (more like accepting a sad realization >_>) that the chest is possibly my weakest muscle group proportionatly.
Chinups are going good enough. Dips, I can't even tell if I'm gaining ground, but considering I do them aftert Deadlifts (which leave me winded), I can't say I'm surprised.
Incline Press I obviously had a bad first set, I mean wowtf, but whatever.
BO DB Rows I'm movin' up next week

Mondays, sheesh

freac
03-14-2007, 05:47 PM
CG Bench: 6,6,6 (120)
P Curls: 6,6,6 (65)
Standing PD's: 6,4 (85) 3 (80)
Ab Curls: 8,8,5 (25)
H Curls: 4/2 (L/R) (40) 6 (35)
Shrugs: 12,12,12 (140)

I feel the need to explain myself...
Standing PD's, what happened is I was supposed to be doing 80, but you know how sometimes the weights stick together on cables? That happened, for the entirety of my first 2 sets >_>

Ab Curls, in the past I've held the bar behind my head. Today, for the first two sets, I held it at my chest (which made it loads easier). After I figured out it's just too easy in front of me, I went back to behind the head. Kinda wasted Ab day, but oh well, trial and error.

I'm kinda stuck on H curls now. I can get both sets of 6 at 35 every day, but when I up it to 40, I can barely do them at all. I'm gonna plateu at 35 for a while, i guess, and keep upping the P Curls when I can.

freac
03-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Leg Curls: 6,8,8 (90)
Squats: 8 (115), 6 (135), 6 (155)
Hack Squats: 6,6 (225)
SL Deads: 6,6 (195)
Standing Calf Raises: 12 (135), 12,12 (185)

Ok, Squats are just a pain in my ass. I will conquer them sooner or later! I'm still having trouble with that muscle shelf business, so I got a bar pad, which helped a lot but I still have bar placement issues. On my last set's last rep I felt a white hot burning on my right hip flexor...It didn't really hurt at all, it just concerns me why that would happen.

Hacks are great.

SL Deads...thinking of dropping/replacing these, maybe. They just don't do much for me.

freac
03-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Bench: 6,6,5 (125)
Chinups: 6,4,3 (20)
Deads: 6,6 (225)
Dips: 3,3 (20)
BO DB Rows: 6,6 (55's)

That was ugly. Bench wiped me out. I don't know why, I ate plenty and drank plenty, but I was just so tired today. COuldn't do a single rep of 35's Chest Press so I canned those for today. My form was poor on BO DB Rows too. Blaaaah

Mr. _____
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Nice chins, deads and rows man you definitely have a stronger back than me! I like seeing that 225 for deads, two 45's on each side must've felt good. Keep it up!

freac
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
CG Bench: 6,6,6 (125)
P Curls: 6,6,3 (70)
Tricep PD's: 6,6,6 (80)
Shrugs: 12,12,12 (160)
Incline Abs: 8,8,6 (25)
H Curls: 6,6 (35's)

Somehow, I felt really good after that. Huh. It's kinda sad though, that my CG Bench has officialy surpasses my Wide Grip. Wth :windup:

Not much to say.

freac
03-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Saturday

Leg curls: 8,8,8 (90)
Squats: 6,6 (135) 6 (165)
Hacks: 6,1 (235) 6 (185)

Uhh, I don't know how to explain that. I mess around with standing calf raises but I couldn't stabalize the bar so I gave up and went home. Yeah, I know tuttut

So anyways with the Hacks it has come to my attention that I need to lower the weight and get my form down perfectly before I go any farther. I'll just build up from 185 now, I guess, as I think I have it down.

Squats are finally going somewhere, I can hold the bar pretty much no problem, so hey

Monday

Bench: 6,6,4 (130)
Deads: 6 (185) 6 (225)
Chinups: 6, 5 (20)
Dips: 5, 3 (20)
Flat Chest Press: 6,6 (35's)

It was a good workout, but something has to change.

I worked on form with Deads today. I thought I got it down really well, but just then a guy comes up to me and gives me one of those fancy belts. I assume the reason he gave it to me is cuz he thought I was gonna hurt myself (>_>), but I think my form was good...who knows, I'll ask my spotter next week

After Bench and Deads I don't have the endurance to do 3 sets of weighted Dips AND Chinups. Dips and Chinnies are highly draining by themselves even.

Also i've given up on Incline Press. It's the stupidest thing, some weeks I can get 2x6 with the 35's easily (easy as in I could do at least one more full set, other weeks I can't get a single rep (not an exaggeration). Flat Chest Press just works out better somehow.

freac
03-29-2007, 06:37 PM
So today was dumb. I had to wrokout in my school's weight room. I never realised before today just how horrible it is there. The plates are all unorganized, there's only one 35 pound DB, there's no straight short bar cable hookup (and nothing at all practical for pushdowns), no preacher bench, etc etc

What's even more sad is the people in the weight room. I watched 3 guys benching and not one of them would bring the bar all the way down to his chest. They stopped shortly before, and with each rep the bar would stay farther and farther away so they were barely moving at all (yet calling them completed reps). THey couldn't even do pushups in correct form. One guy tried to correct me for doing Closegrip Bench (when I explained it to him that is works the triceps, he obviously thought I didn't know what I was crazy). And when I asked two different people to spot me, both of them had their hands on the bar THE ENTIRE TIME (until I told them to stop such ******ry). Then some two meatheads were weighing themselves and fighting about who was bigger. One of em slipped a 10lb plate under his feet when his buddy wasn't looking. I asked why there was a plate under his feet (I knew why), and he slapped me and called me a bitch. <_< The best part, though, was this one guy telling another how to do Deadlifts; "y'see, when ya come up ya gots to keep the bar away from your legs! It's good for yer shoulders!"

:drooling:

Are all kids this stupid? I feel kinda bad for them >_>

Anyways, as for what I actually did, not much. I did a couple sets of CG Bench but due to my incompetent spotters I really can't count them as completed. I also did some DB curls and shrugs...I only had 30 minutes to begin with so it was shortlived. Pretty much a wasted day but eh

freac
03-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Yesterday I saw my chiropractor...just a regular checkup or whatever, normally this guy is like a miracle worker for any problems I have with my body (applied kaneseology or something like that, seriously good stuff). But then we got on the topic of weight lifting...

To make a long conversation short, his advice to me was to stop doing what I'm doing and work up to do sets of FIFTEEN reps. And he says, because I have Type 1 muscle fibers (slow twitch), this will make my muscles bigger faster than doing high weight would, which makes no logical sense to me. Unfortunately my mother was in the room and heard all of it, and she thinks he as smart as Jesus or something, so she's been bothering me to do what he says. I decided to "compromise" and work up to sets of 8, but that's where I draw the line (which alomost works out for me, since I've been wanting to do that for a while).

But dang, I'm confused now. He can't be right about that...

Also, leg workout comin up in like 5 hours so yeah

freac
03-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Squats: 8 (135) 8 (165) 6 (175)
Hacks: 6, 6 (185)
Curls: 8,8,8 (100)
Calves: 10,10,10 (90)
Incline Ab Curl: 8,8 (25)

Squats are going well. I dropped Hacks in weight to work on perfect form, and will now slowly move up. I'm using a new calf machine, hence the significant drop in weight, however this one isolates the muscle better I think. I did Abs today cuz I missed it on Wed.

I feel I need to add something here. I dropped SL Deads cuz I hate them (not in a "they're too hard" way, but rather a "they aren't doing anything" way), so I need to add something. I could do GHR's, but it's hard to add resistance to that. I guess I'll start Lunges, since although I dislike them, everyone around me thinks they're the greatest thing since free porn. Huh.

freac
04-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Monday:
Incline DB Press: 6,6 (35's)
Bench Press: ?*
Deads: 6 (185) 6 (205)
Dips: 8 (10) 6,6 (15)
Chinnies: 6 (10), 4,3 (15)
BO DB Rows: 6,4 (55's)

Bench Press...I forgot what I did...but it went ok... >_>

BO DB Rows I'm doing with...well...lets just say I found a way to make it harder <_<

Wednesday:
CG Bench: 6 (125) 6 (135) 5 (140)
P Curls: 6,6,6 (70)
Standing PD's: 6,6 (80)
Ab Incline Curls: 8,7,5 (25)
H curls: 8,8 (35's)

All is good. I switched PD's to a two set excercise cuz they're pretty draining

freac
04-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Squats: 8 (135) 6 (185) 7 (200)
Hacks: 6,3 (205)
Lunges: 8,8 (50)
Leg Curls: 8,8,8 (100)
Calf Raises: 12,10,9 (90)

Squats are goin.
Hacks are getting really annoying. I stopped my second set early because I couldn't keep my back straight. So I tried at 135 and I still couldn't keep my back straight...
Lunges for the first time, boy am I sore today.
Calf Raises...I did them really slow and controlled, as opposed to last week.

freac
04-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Incline Press: 8 (35) 6 (40)
Bench Press: 6 (125) 6 (130) 6 (135)
Chinups: 8 (10) 7 (15) 7 (15)
Deads: 6,6 (205)
Dips: 8 (10) 8 (15) 8 (20)

freac
04-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Good benchin' imho

CG Bench: 6 (135), 6 (140), 5 (145)
P Curls: 6,4,4 (75)
Standing PDs: 6,6 (80)
Incline Ab Curls: 8,8 (25)
H Curls: 6,6 (35)

I also did Hack Squats at 135 to work on form.

I shoulda done one more set of abs, but a guy asked for the bench so I just let him have it >_>
P Curls were kinda bad...I don't know why, who cares?
Shrugs are so unnatural -_-;

My triceps are never sore. Heh...

Songsangnim
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Yesterday I saw my chiropractor...just a regular checkup or whatever, normally this guy is like a miracle worker for any problems I have with my body (applied kaneseology or something like that, seriously good stuff). But then we got on the topic of weight lifting...

To make a long conversation short, his advice to me was to stop doing what I'm doing and work up to do sets of FIFTEEN reps. And he says, because I have Type 1 muscle fibers (slow twitch), this will make my muscles bigger faster than doing high weight would, which makes no logical sense to me. Unfortunately my mother was in the room and heard all of it, and she thinks he as smart as Jesus or something, so she's been bothering me to do what he says. I decided to "compromise" and work up to sets of 8, but that's where I draw the line (which alomost works out for me, since I've been wanting to do that for a while).

But dang, I'm confused now. He can't be right about that...

Also, leg workout comin up in like 5 hours so yeah

I'd just ignore his advice when it comes to lifting.

BTW you might want to split up chest and back if you want something "to change".

freac
04-13-2007, 07:17 PM
^^I don't know, all of a sudden my Monday's are getting better. Can't complain for now.

Squats: 10 (135) 6 (195) 4 (210)
Hacks: 8,8,8 (135)
Lunges: 8,8,8 (60)
Calf Raises: 10,10,10 (100)
Leg Curls: 8,8 (110)

Getting so sick of leg curls.

freac
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
DB Incline Press: 8,8 (40)
Bench: 6,6,4 (135)
Chinups: 6 (10) 6,6 (15)
Dips: 8 (10) 6 (15) 6 (20)
Deads: 6 (135) 6,6 (205)
Rows: 6 (55), 10 (40)

Bench was eh...I planned on going 135/140/145 at 6 a pop, but after my first set I knew I couldn't. I might've been able to crank out two more (at least one) on my last set, but I didn't have a spotter, so no. Maybe I was tired from Incline Press, but I was counting on that as just a warmup...

Chinups/Dips are shaping up ok.

Deads were, in my opinion, in great form. I can't complain.

Rows...screw it, I'm using a t-bar from now on >_<

freac
04-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Wed:
I was sick but I tried to work put anyways and it sucked :O

Fri:
Skip'd

Monday:
Incline Press: 8,7 (40's)
Bench: 6,6,6 (135)
Deads: 6 (135) 6,5 (225)
Chinups: 6 (10) 6 (15) 5 (20)
dips: 6 (15) 6,6 (20)
Rows: 10,10 (40's)

blaaaaaaah I'm back at least

freac
04-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Close Grip: 6 (140) 5,4 (145)
H Curls: 8 (35's) 6 (40's)
P Curls: 8,8,7 (65)
Ab Crunches: 15 (30) 15,15 (40)
Skull Crushers: 6,6 (50)

Lately Wednesdays feel like a waste of time. Everything's pretty easy and certain excercises (Shrugs, StandingPD's which I've dropped altogether; and to a lesser extent P/H curls and abs...so basically everything like CG feels like a waste of tiem X_x) that just feel like I'm going nowhere

freac
05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh boy I gotta keep up.

Friday:
Squats: 8 (135) 6,6 (195)
Hacks: 6 (135) 6 (155)
Lunges: 8,7 (60)

I then proceeded to hurt myself and stop (I'm ok though >_>)

Monday:
Incline CP: 8,8 (40's)
Bench: 6 (135) 6 (140) 3 (145)
H Curls: 8,8 (35's)
P Curls: 8,8,8 (65)
Dips: 10 (BW) 6 (20) 5 (25)
Ab crunches: 15,15 (30)

Dropped the ball on that third bench set...

freac
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
CG Bench: 6,6,6 (140)
Deads: 6 (135) 5,6 (225)
Chins: 10 (BW) 5,3 (15)
Skullcrushers: 6,6 (60)
BO DB Rows: 10,10 (45's)

freac
05-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Squats: 8 (135) 6 (195) 6 (205)
Hacks: 6 (135) 6 (165) 6 (185)
Lunges: 8,8,8 (70)
GH Raises: 12 (10) 12,12 (25)
Standing Calf Raises: 12 (135) 12,12 (185)

Weird workout. I wasn't in the mood to lift at all, but I forced myself, and ended up doing well. Everything was easier this week, especially Squats, coulda done more... And I'm much less sore than normal, too.

freac
05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
I was sick for a while there...

Monday:
CG Bench 12 (95) 6,6,6 (140)
Rack Pulls 8 (135) 6 (225) 6 (235)
Incline Shoulder Press 12 (30) 8 (50) 8 (60)
Chinups 6 (15) 6 (20)
Ab Crunches 15, 12, 10 (40)
Skullcrushers 8,8 (50)
Rows: Not worth talking about*

*I've given up on BO DB Rows and BB Rows. I know, I know, heil freeweights or whatever, but they're just not for me right now. I'm messing around with several machines to find one I like.

Wednesday:
Squats 8 (135) 6,5 (205)
Hacks 6 (135) 6,6 (185)
Deads 6 (135) 6,4 (225)
Calve raises 12,10,9 (185)
Lunges 8,8 (60)
Gh Raises 12,12 (25)

Chris686
05-26-2007, 01:38 AM
So you've had this journal since February.

What are your goals? Are you trying to gain weight? (Judging by your pictures you should be) It's been three months. Have you gained a pound?

Your bench press has been stagnant since February.
You gotta do something.

Your routine looks a little jacked up. Might want to start there.

Your diet... You probably need to eat more. Count every calorie. Peanut butter and whole milk will be your best friend there. Throw some peanut butter, chocolate protein, and whole milk in a blender. Pretty damn tasty. One serving protein = 120 cals
One serving PB = 190
One serving whole milk = 150

Double the doses there and you've got 920 cals in one shake.

If I were your height and weight I'd aim for 3500-4000 calories and 150+ grams of protein.

freac
05-27-2007, 08:41 PM
So you've had this journal since February.

What are your goals? Are you trying to gain weight? (Judging by your pictures you should be) It's been three months. Have you gained a pound?(1)

Your bench press has been stagnant since February.
You gotta do something.

Your routine looks a little jacked up. Might want to start there.(2)

Your diet... You probably need to eat more. Count every calorie. Peanut butter and whole milk will be your best friend there. Throw some peanut butter, chocolate protein, and whole milk in a blender. Pretty damn tasty. One serving protein = 120 cals
One serving PB = 190
One serving whole milk = 150

Double the doses there and you've got 920 cals in one shake.

If I were your height and weight I'd aim for 3500-4000 calories and 150+ grams of protein.(3)

1. I've gained 10 pounds. >_>
Not a lot, I know, but it's better than nothing I suppose. I wasn't eating as much back then though, so it should get better now.

2. Yeah, I know. Any suggestions? If you read this post, I could use your advice here if you don't mind (you've posted there once already, I know, but I have some more questions): http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=97456

3. Oh holy crap that's a lot of protein. I have this egg white protein shake thing but that only has 24g's, and I only have that 3 days a week. How much protein is in an egg? I eat 2 eggs ever day. I could always have more <_<
And I generally have some sort of meat for lunch and dinner too, but I don't know how fast it all adds up.

Chris686
05-28-2007, 03:21 AM
1. I've gained 10 pounds. >_>
Not a lot, I know, but it's better than nothing I suppose. I wasn't eating as much back then though, so it should get better now.

2. Yeah, I know. Any suggestions? If you read this post, I could use your advice here if you don't mind (you've posted there once already, I know, but I have some more questions): http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=97456

3. Oh holy crap that's a lot of protein. I have this egg white protein shake thing but that only has 24g's, and I only have that 3 days a week. How much protein is in an egg? I eat 2 eggs ever day. I could always have more <_<
And I generally have some sort of meat for lunch and dinner too, but I don't know how fast it all adds up.

1. That's a start :) As long as you're gaining, no worries. Again, invest in peanut butter and whole milk. I love the stuff and it's so easy to get extra cals from them. If I'm ever low on calories, I bust out the PB and milk. 190 calories in one serving of PB, and 150 in one serving a whole milk. Throw both of those and some chocolate protein in a blender and you've got a pretty tasty snack. Good stuff.

2. You've got some good advice in there. Take it. Just do your best to sift through all the debate BS.

3. It's not that much really. It's easier than you think. I get on average 200 a day, and I'm 175LBs. Eggs only have 80 calories each usually, and only 6 grams of protein. It's not a ton. I typically eat 4-5 for breakfast, but I stay away from sausage, bacon, and all that since I'm on a cut. If you're on a bulk, pig out.

Look at the labels on everything you eat.

To give you an idea though, think of one large chicken breast. I eat them just about every day. Depending on how much it weighs, you're looking at anywhere between 60-80 grams of protein in that ONE chicken breast.

Add in a protein shake with whole milk, and that's another 28 grams of protein. That's potentially over 100 grams right there, not to mention about 600 calories total.

It might be wise to invest in a food scale. I have one, and it's a great investment if you're really serious about gaining/losing weight. I only paid about $30 for mine.

Register with Fitday and you can punch in exactly how many ounces that chicken breast weighed and get a really accurate reading.

freac
05-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the [good] advice Chris!

This is my new routine; I'm going to test it out for the next 4 weeks and if I'm not getting anywhere, then I'll try out the backup plan <_<

Mon- Back/Triceps

Deadlift 4*8
Chinups 3*8
Shoulder Press 3*8

Wed-Legs

Squat 4*8
Lunges 3*8
Calf Extensions 3*8

Fri-Chest/Biceps

Flat Bench Press 4*8
Dips 3*8
Preacher Curl 3*8
Abdominal Curls 3*8

Even though today is Monday, the Club is closed for Memorial Day. So This week will Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday instead.

freac
05-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Tuesday-

Deadlifts:
-10 (135)
-8 (185)
-6 (215)
-6 (235)

Chinups:
-8 (10)
-8 (15)
-5 (20)

Shoulder Press:
-12 (40)
-10 (45)
-8 (65)

Deadlifts were great. I tried that "shoulders in front of the bar" thing I read about on here recently, and it works great imho.

Chinups were actually pretty good. Same weight I've been doing, bet more reps. Huh.

This is only the second time I've done shoulder press so I was just trying some new things. There is a Shoulder Press bench at my club, but I don't like how low the incline is, so I'm using an incline bench and the power rack (which I feel kinda bad about...but no one ever uses it anyways =/). First set was using a short bar, second was an olympic, and third was the olympic with 10's on either side. I'm gonna need a spotter when these get heavy...

freac
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok so. tbqh I change my mind again.

Mon-
Squat
Bench
Chinups

Wed-
Deads
Dips
Lunges

Fri-
Squat
Bench
Shoulder Press
Abs

So anyways the plan for today was Squat/Bench/Shoulder Press/Abs, and then the rest of the week off. But anyways I was Squatting and then inbetween sets I tried some of the stretches and stuff I saw in Sensei's video about lower back curviture or whatever...and then I tried Front Squat and OH Squat...I swear, the bar was empty. I never even imagined I could i9njure myself with an empty bar :bang:
ALl I did was one reps OH Press; about 3 inches down I was losing my balance so I decided to pull out of it...just let the bar fall forward and caught it, racked it, whatever. Somewhere in there, though, I hurt my left shoulder. It kinda felt like bones cracking, but with muscles. <_<

It's pretty sore right now, but I think it should be all good as soon as Saturday. I hope. But mostly I just feel like Idiot of the week >_>

But I did finish my Squats, cuz that didn't bother my shoulder at least. Then I went home...

135x8
175x8
195x6
195x6

I was supposed to move up again on the last set, but that just wasn't gonna happen today. Weird, I've done more in the past. *shrug*

freac
06-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Squats-
10 x 135
8 x 165
6 x 185
6 x 205

Bench-
10 x 65
8 x 85
6 x 105
3 x 115
6 x 125
6 x 135
6 x 140

Shoulder Press-
10 x Bar
6 x 65
4 x 65

I was wiped out by the time I got to Shoulder Press =/
*shrug*

freac
06-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I've been sick (again) X_x
But here's what I did last wednesday;

Deads:
135x10
195x8
245x6

Lunges:
50x8
60x8
70x8

Ab curls:
25x8
25x8
25x8

Dips:
15x7
20x8

Ok, even BW Dips are brutal without Benching beforehand. Maybe I will do some light bench as a warmup for Dips...