PDA

View Full Version : My 99% finished home gym

Keith
02-04-2007, 03:21 PM
After getting one more mat in there, Nick (World-Is-Yours) and my gym is just about finished :). I've been working on it for a couple of months now and adding some touch ups here and there.

Any suggestions on what I could add?

McVein
02-04-2007, 03:24 PM
love the pics

edit: on the wall, not the pics themselves....im confusing myself here

nice setup

Keith
02-04-2007, 03:24 PM
More pics

Keith
02-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Why not 3 more...

Detard
02-04-2007, 03:28 PM
nice man! looks sweet! post it in the home gym gallery thread! and mabye we can get it stickied or soemthing. i really like your flooring

Keith
02-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks alot man. The flooring is made out of recycled car tire and it's one inch thick so the first couple months was horrible with the smell! Now I finally know of a cleaner but it's a bit too late.

I didn't think I could move my own thread, I thought the mods only have control of that?

WORLD
02-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Heeeeey that all looks a bit familiar......

Oh if you all notice, Ronnie finally sent me that picture of himself :clap:

Jordanbcool
02-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Good god. I love this.

You got my PM....please let me know when you can. :D

Beast
02-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Awesome! Did you print out all of those pictures??? Also, what are those papers with all the text on them on the wall?

Jordanbcool
02-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I think he may have cut them out of The bodybuilders bible by Arnold shwartzenegger. Really a great book/read although the workout splits are off.

But this is EXACTLY how I wanted my future home gym to be. I think I'd cut down on some of the lighting, get more DB's and larger mirror but other then that...its ace.

WORLD
02-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I am part owner of a glass and mirror shop, so I can custom cut any size mirror we want. It's really nice to have this available to us. Keith works at Fitness Depot, and so he gets great deals on equipment.
Beast, those papers on the wall are articles from AnimalPak.com. They are nice to read in between sets for a bit of motivation.
And yes those are pics straight out of Arnolds Bodybuilding book. Some are printed from the Animal Pak site as well.. We made sure all the pics are black and grey.

Keith
02-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Ya only sad thing is I had to tear apart the encyclopedia. Not really a great read because of Arnold's theories and all, but still...it's his book.

And ya, all those printed articles are all the logs from Animalpak. I just put them up there because I couldn't stand looking at flower wallpaper anymore. It's honestly the best part of my day. The atmosphere in that room is unexplainable. Just thought if you guys could think of anything else I could add, spit it out :)

Keith
02-04-2007, 04:57 PM
But this is EXACTLY how I wanted my future home gym to be. I think I'd cut down on some of the lighting, get more DB's and larger mirror but other then that...its ace.

Lol, it's bright as hell in there because while we were moving the power rack the chin bar smashed the glass that covered the lighting. We reaaaally need new lights now because it's blinding when were doing chins lol.

We are also looking into getting powerblocks too. I'm gunna toss them around at my work to see the beating that they can get because I might just put the money into a db set and rack, it's just takes up more room though which I don't really have. We have the handles but they are a little frustrating switching up the weight.

Jordanbcool
02-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Now how did you get them to stay up? Tape? Putty??

Keith
02-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I started with masking tape, but the ones that are on the ceiling started coming off so I used scotch tape for those ones.

ancom41
02-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Looks like you got some crazy motivations in there :D Looks great.

KarateBoy
02-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Whats the costs of the rack+ plates?

Mik
02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Very nice set up.

What did your dip station run? The reason I ask is I have one but it takes up alot of floor space so I'm thinking of trading it in.

workouts.ws
02-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Very cool looking.

hulkinout
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM
When can I move in? :strong:

Guido
02-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Only thing I'd do is paint over the wallpaper. Other than that, NICE setup!

Keith
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Whats the costs of the rack+ plates?

Like I said, I work at fitness depot so I bought everything at cost. We sell the power rack for $698 and plates go for 34 cents/lb.

Keith
02-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Very nice set up.

What did your dip station run? The reason I ask is I have one but it takes up alot of floor space so I'm thinking of trading it in.

I sell the dip station for $144.
Theres also the dip station with a chin up station attached for $298.

Keith
02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
When can I move in? :strong:

Lol, anytime. I'm wondering if I should start training certain people in there. I don't think I will though only because they will pass through my whole house before getting to it.

Keith
02-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Only thing I'd do is paint over the wallpaper. Other than that, NICE setup!

Lol uhh yaa that's about the only thing I'm begging my parents to let me do. It was my Grandmas bedroom before she moved out so I've done alot of work since and that's the only thing I would change too. That's why I'm trying to cover it with articles. I'll probably print out a bunch from T-nation at some point.

IZich
02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
keith, great work.
Who is that in that last set of pictures the tat that says "overcome" ? That is awesome.

Keith
02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks dude, the guy in the pic is the guy from Animalpak.com

I got all my pics from the Arnold encyclopedia and the Animalpak website.

PoutineEh
02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
nice rack:hump:

-Superman-
02-06-2007, 09:58 AM
That gym looks awesome. I need to get one when I get older so I don't have to give Bally's $50/month :(.

Keith
02-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Why thank you.

It's honestly not that pricey. Save up $1000 and you got yourself everything you need.

Munky
02-06-2007, 10:21 AM
where did you get that dipstation from i need one for my gym.

Keith
02-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Fitness Depot.

Read my previous post on the first page about this.

Questor
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
I was thinking about this and the other home gym posts as I worked out today.

I have a home gym. It's 100% lame. Or some here might call it 'hardcore', but only because it sucks so much.

Well I'm very impressed by the gyms I see, and I very much want to put some $$ into mine and make into into someplace I can hulk out in.

But I thought about this particular home gym, and I think that - without meaning any ill against Keith - that it's a touch obsessive-compulsive.

But there's nothing wrong with that! That energy will probably be harnessed to turn you into a massive monster of muscle!

Keith
02-06-2007, 11:29 AM
But I thought about this particular home gym, and I think that - without meaning any ill against Keith - that it's a touch obsessive-compulsive.

But there's nothing wrong with that! That energy will probably be harnessed to turn you into a massive monster of muscle!

Hahaha, obsessive? compulsive? You're obviously not deep enough into the game to understand why I put this much time into it.

cachee0
02-06-2007, 12:55 PM
great pictures on the wall. I would love a home gym but don't have the room for everything I wanted in the gym.

Questor
02-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Hahaha, obsessive? compulsive? You're obviously not deep enough into the game to understand why I put this much time into it.

Oh I understand. But just because I understand doesn't put me in the same place you are.

I'll be totally honest with myself. You have a zeal I lack. You will go farther with your workout than I will. I will likely only ever reach medocrity. You have a chance at becomming something more.

Chubrock
02-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Keith's gym is WEAK!! He has heating and air. That's like a friggin Ritz Carlton.

Keith
02-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh I understand. But just because I understand doesn't put me in the same place you are.

I'll be totally honest with myself. You have a zeal I lack. You will go farther with your workout than I will. I will likely only ever reach medocrity. You have a chance at becomming something more.

Lol dude, you sound like your putting yourself down in a way. You don't have to look at it like I'm obsessed at all, I'm simply creating the most motivational atmosphere for me to train in. Keep in mind, I will be training here almost everyday for how long? May as well make the most of it.

Keith
02-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Keith's gym is WEAK!! He has heating and air. That's like a friggin Ritz Carlton.

Lol the only time that fan goes on is when I'm squatting, any other time I'm training I don't feel like passing out and needing the cool air on my body.

Questor
02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Lol dude, you sound like your putting yourself down in a way. You don't have to look at it like I'm obsessed at all, I'm simply creating the most motivational atmosphere for me to train in. Keep in mind, I will be training here almost everyday for how long? May as well make the most of it.

I'm not putting myself down - I'm just being a realist with my intentions, goals, and time. I've got a big family and a busy career and mere minutes a day to dedicate to myself. I can't put into it the kind of dedication or zeal that others can.

Keith
02-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm not putting myself down - I'm just being a realist with my intentions, goals, and time. I've got a big family and a busy career and mere minutes a day to dedicate to myself. I can't put into it the kind of dedication or zeal that others can.

Fair enough.

Jordanbcool
02-06-2007, 07:13 PM

I agree.

I would kill for a wall like that. I just can't bring myself to rip up arnies book.

Nicoman
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Very nice I love the weighted dip/pullup belt hanging on the wall.

I would love to workout there!

Keith
02-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I agree.

I would kill for a wall like that. I just can't bring myself to rip up arnies book.

Dude, you could probably grab a used one off amazon.com for super cheap and rip the pics out of that one.

miken5254
02-07-2007, 09:18 PM
looks good, state of the art