PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks?!?!?!

Ritzol
02-07-2007, 07:40 AM
So as many of you know, there is a show in 8 weeks that I really want to do. However, because I'm not losing the weight I want... I don't know if I will. I decided to start tracking with pictures as opposed to the scale due to the fact that the scale is telling me I'm not making any progress.....

I'm going to meet with a past winner today and she is going to go through my diet with me, and we will make changes where necessary.

Here is a pic of a girl that has done it in the past...and done quite well, so this will give you some idea of what type of competition we are talking about....

Detard
02-07-2007, 07:46 AM
wait so are you the girl or the guy? i dont get it???

Ritzol
02-07-2007, 07:59 AM
The first 4 pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago.

The rest were taken today.

Ritzol
02-07-2007, 08:02 AM
pics taken today....

Ritzol
02-07-2007, 08:04 AM
heres a few more

Maki Riddington
02-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I'd be curious to see what this past winenr gives you in terms of your diet. You definitely have a base. But 8 weeks is probably not enough time.

muscle chic
02-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Go for it!! Bodybuilding comps are about being lean not always about size. It's nice to have both though!! If you're strict in the next 8 weeks you'll do fine. Diet and water depletion are key!! Are you doing two cardio sessions a day yet? Carb cycle?

Good Luck!!

the doc
02-07-2007, 09:03 AM
could female issues be causing you to retain excessive water? How do you female competitors handle estrogen related water retension?

Ritzol
02-07-2007, 09:50 AM
I definitely feel like I'm retaining water... all the time, and I have no idea what is causing this. It does not matter if I'm near that time of month or not.

When I went through my diet with her, she thought it looked fine, but told me to cut out the yogurt, and the last protein shake.... also mentioned a few exercises to add in.

I am not doing 2 cardio sessions, but I have upped the intensity of the ones I am doing.. so I am at 4 days x 35 minutes.

Paul Stagg
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
My advice is to execute your plan.

You can make big changes in 8 weeks.

If you start questioning things now, you end up taking advice from a bunch of different people, and none of it will work. Get your plan, get it now, ask advice of few people, and stick with it.

Of all the bodybuilders I've known (and I know some IFBB pros), the common thread of contest prep success isn't what the plan is. It's executing the plan.

If it doesn't work, you'll find out on stage. And learn from it, and come back better next time.

mickyjune26
02-07-2007, 10:13 AM
heres a few more

you look more cut in these most recent pics. Keep it up and you're going to do great!

muscle chic
02-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I really think you need two cardio sessions a day. I work out with girls that have competed also and this what they do. It's draining....I've done it and dropped out twice now. I know what works and what doesn't now and it will be easier next time!! For BB you need to be pretty lean, You need that extra cardio session.

Davidelmo
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Definite progress in the shoulders. They were weak points before but you've definately been working on improving them.

Legs look pretty good too. I don't know much about what they look for in female comps, but you might as well go for it - nothing to lose, and lots of experience and fun to gain!

Jordanbcool
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Good luck. I agree with paul on this.

On other notes. I would simply work on your posing more and get a deeper tan.

I don't know if you will be able to reach your goal (s) in such a short time. Women have a very hard time losing weight compared to men and 8 weeks is a short time for male or female at any bodyfat. But I wish you the best and if anything you will learn from all of this.

Good luck.

BCC
02-07-2007, 01:58 PM
You look better now than a lot of women at the shows I've competed in.

8 weeks should be ample time. Just a tan and some water manipulation would have you looking even closer.

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it.

the doc
02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
consensus: time for talk is over, time for execution is NOW

do well young jedi nightess!!

crazedwombat
02-08-2007, 09:40 AM
BCC and Paul know best. Go for it!

muscle chic
02-08-2007, 10:05 AM
BCC and Paul know best. Go for it!

uhh...and MC!!:) lol

thrillhouse
02-18-2007, 09:01 AM
I concur with everyone else...start your plan and stick with it.

Whether or not you get into super-ripped competition shape, you look great. I wish more women would lift. It never ceases to amaze me how many women shy away from the weights, thinking "I don't want to get big".

IBLiftin
02-18-2007, 10:14 AM
You won't know if you'll be ready for the show till the last week or so. The last 4 weeks is where you should be more worried/motivated. With all the women I've worked with that is not nearly enough cardio, but if you plan on upping it slowly till the show you should be ok. Like they said just make a plan and stick with it. When you start to get tired or feeling down, come on here and I'm sure these people will help motivate you. Don't get discouraged, your way to far out to worry.

Even if you don't feel like you are 100%, I still feel you should compete. It'll give a huge advantage next time to see what your body does those last few days/hours.

ancom41
02-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Your calfs look awesome :D