PDA

View Full Version : Lost 8 lbs in 4 days due to sickness, help?

jed
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Ello, I recently (friday feb 2 (i think)) got the flu bug inside me and I havent been very active or anything since. i have layed in bed and eaten maybe one whole meal in the 4 days that i have been sick. i havent vomited but i have eaten almost NOTHING due to no appetite. today i went back to school and after school i lifted. my usual squat looks like this: 1 set of 3 245 then 3x3 275. today i tried my hardest and did 245 3 times and then only 255 3x3 afterwards and it was pretty hard. i have also lost 8 lbs and that is pretty disturbing to me. i have been working for 3 months to gain 10 lbs and i lost 8 just like that, will this weight come back after a few days of just eating and recouperating? im hoping so and if not by that then by what because i really am trying to get to 200 and this for sure isnt helping :) thank you.

Stumprrp
02-07-2007, 05:24 PM
dude, i have the same thing, its friggin terrible!! i puked alot though

anyways, my appetite is still crappy and when i get hungry and eat im full quick, my mom and sister were better in about a week so i say hang in there because im with u too man

Titanium_Jim
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I used to lose 10lbs in a week when I got sick. In my experience, which I would venture to guess you will share since you are young, the weight and strength came back quickly.

Justin R
02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I have a buddy that looses about the same whenever he gets sick. He tends to gain it back within a week or two, regardless of workouts. I'm pretty sure its all water weight, I don't think muscle can degrade that fast.

jed
02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Thats great news im glad to hear that im not the only one that this happens to. Even though its not very good haha. Thanks for your input everyone and get better soons Stumps :p