PDA

View Full Version : hi im new, HELP! :)

king_luke2002
02-17-2002, 08:02 AM
first of all just like to say hi to everybody im new here :D, and just wondered if anybody could help me out.
Ive only been training for 5 months and my current measurements are :-

height : 6'3
weight : 209lbs
bodyfat : not been able to mesure that yet
:( (estimated though i would guess at around 15%)
chest : 43 inches
biceps : 15.5 inches
waist : 34.5 inches
neck (flexed) : 17 inches

ive been bulking for a month now and am going to continue bulking for another month. My question is to you guys is, whilst cutting what would you recommend my daily protein,carb,fat and calories should be?

thanks in advance for all replys

peace
Luke

king_luke2002
02-17-2002, 10:07 AM
anyone??

EasyGino
02-17-2002, 11:14 AM
You're 210 with those measurements? i would think ur closer to about 190.. Im around 197 right now, and my measurements are:

Height: 6'2
Arms: 17.75"
Chest: 49"
Waist: 33"
Neck: 17"

Mind you my legs are small, and most of my mass is situated in my upperbody.

king_luke2002
02-17-2002, 11:20 AM
how long have you been training for gino?

EasyGino
02-17-2002, 11:26 AM
On and off since I was 15... I have big genetics though, and I spent quite a long time over weight, around 240lbs... I've just recently leaned out, and im trying to get in good shape for the summer time.

king_luke2002
02-17-2002, 11:31 AM
wots your carb,protein,calorie and fat daily intake Gino cos cos although your measurments are bigger than mine we r roughly the same weight etc...

ElPietro
02-17-2002, 11:34 AM
If you are bulking now haven't you found your maintainance level for calories? If you know the number of cals the next step is to see how you can divide it up. If you are looking for rapid weight loss maybe trying a ketogenic diet is for you. If you'd rather conserve most of the muscle you gained bulking maybe an isocaloric diet is best. I mean only you know what kind of diet you will stick to. If you have some ideas post them and we can tinker around with it...but just recommending a diet without knowing you isn't the best route.

king_luke2002
02-17-2002, 11:40 AM
ok Elpietro i will do, i was just wondering how many calories i should be giving myself daily and protein etc.. taking into consideration my weight,height. I would like to get down to 195lbs whilst trying to retain the muscle i have built

thanks
luke.

EasyGino
02-17-2002, 11:48 AM
I don't have an exact number of calories, or protein/carbs/fats... But i can tell you that i take in around 150 - 200G of protein a day, maybe around 75G of Carbs a day, and roughly 35G of fats a day. I am eating enough that I am putting on mass, while taking away the excess fat that I have left.

king_luke2002
02-17-2002, 11:53 AM
ok cool thanks gino

max_power
02-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by king_luke2002
wots your carb,protein,calorie and fat daily intake Gino cos cos although your measurments are bigger than mine we r roughly the same weight etc...

I advise you to eat 1.7/2.0 gr of proteins per 1 kilo of bodyweight or better per 1 kilo of bodymass.
If you want to cut I reccommend you to lower the quote of charboidrate at a level of about 70/90 gr per day.
If you lower the quantity of charboidrates you must raise the percentage of lipides,because they'll be your second source of energy because the diet lacks of charboidrates.
Take at least 1 gr of charboidrati per kilo.I reccommend you to eat unsaturated fat and not saturated fat.
You can find unsaturated fat in olive oil and in another oils like soya oils and peanuts oil. You can find that type of fats in dried fruit (monoinsaturated fat in this case) like peanuts,nuts etc...

max_power

Wizard
02-17-2002, 01:26 PM
Eat a high carbohydrate breakfast.(medium protein,low fat)

Then,reduce the amount of carbs for the rest of the day.

The postworkout meal should consist of some carbs and proteins.

Spread your fat intake in the 3-4 meals after breakfast and stick to fish oils,flax seed oil,olive oil,avocados,peanuts,almonds and some mayonnaise as well.

Eat some protein with all the meals but remember that high amounts of protein are a waste of money.

Don't consume less than 20-25 grams of fiber per day.
Perform short,daily,intense workouts and do intervals instead of
other aerobic activities.

king_luke2002
02-18-2002, 11:37 AM
thanks a lot max power and wizard for your help
peace
luke.

max_power
02-18-2002, 11:51 AM
Not at all...when you've got problems I'll give you all my help.

max_power

Saspirella
07-04-2002, 03:42 AM
Heya Luke.
Dont know when you'll see this but I need your help. I'm starting a low carb, high protein diet. Am planning a three times weekly trip to the gym to actually workout. These guys on here are well heplful, but I want your help.
Sara
xxx