PDA

View Full Version : Quick Powerclean Question

jed
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Alright I have a question about PCleans quick. I've watched some vids and was wondering if hand position mattered that much? I know with my hands wider and I can do less but that might be because I a) do it wrong or b) am not used to wide hands. My hands are usually placed about right where my knees are (maybe 18-24 inches apart from each other).

WillKuenzel
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Hand position can matter. It can determine extra ROM from the floor with the pull. It can help/hinder your flexibility in the catch. It'll depend on what you're trying to accomplish. Be a little more specific with what you're after and we might be able to help you more.

Detard
02-10-2007, 12:45 PM
yes. the wider your grip, the lower you will have to dip down to get power out of the hole. keep your hands tight to your legs to maximize weight.

HeavyBomber
02-10-2007, 01:03 PM
I use a shoulder width grip.

jed
02-10-2007, 02:27 PM
OK thanks for the info. I'm not sure what i'm trying to accomplish, just lift the weight and flip it up onto my chest with minimal dip.

Sleepy Guy
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
My hands nest right into my shoulders. Well maybe the index and middle. It takes some flexibility but works wonders for me.