PDA

View Full Version : Zalxder's Journal

Zalxder
02-17-2002, 09:18 AM
Follow me if you want to get ripped.

I do WBB 2 works great, i added forearms chest and back day, and shoulder shrugs to shoulders and arms day.

My maxes:

Im incline benching 150 lbs (free weights)
Decline 180
dumbell flies 100
incline skull crushers 70
tricep pushdowns (on pulley) 170 (form could use work though)
Bicep Curls 110 free weight, 125 straight bar
hammer curls 100
ab curling 180 lbs (on some weird machine)
shoulder shrugs 225
for obliques i hold a free weight, put my free hand behind my head (to support my neck) and squeeze obliques, 100 pound max (for each oblique)
Deadlift 225 (only use deads for toning)
Wide grip lat pulldowns on pulley type machine 220 lbs
dumbell rows 240 lbs
miliatary press with dumbells 110 lbs
squats 340 excluding my own weight 220 touching butt with ankles
calf raise 200 lbs on smith
incline leg press 600 lbs
hamstring (no idea some dumb machine that uses 1-20, im on 12)

what i eat:

Around 50 grams of fat a day
Around 150 grams of protein
Around 150 grams of carbs
10 grams creatine 45 min before workout
10 grams 30 minutes after workout
15 grams L-glutamine 45 min before workout
15 grams L-glutamine 30 minutes after workout
i eat a semi big meal, mostly protein an hour and a half before workout
and eat a semi big meal, 1/3 protein 1/3 carb 1/3 fats 30 minutes after
Drink Soar carb drink (110 carbs) immediatly after workout
Take "one a day" vitamin in morning
And Vitamin E that is 660% DV
Take 600% DV Zinc after school 2:30 PM
And B complex pill

No sweets or oily foods

Things like:
fruit (banana's are my favorite)
Tuna Fish
Luncheon meat (98% fat free turkey)
Sandwich bread, the one in the yellow bag :)
Granola bars
Lots of cereal (breakfast)
low fat yogurts
low fat milk
low fat cottage cheese

Keys to success: (in order of most valuable in the gym)

Form:Always keep good perfect form, especially on the last rep
negatives: control the negative movement just as well as the positive
Progression: Move up 5 pounds even if you know you cant, always use free weights for workouts you CAN use free weights on
Intensity: Be at failure at 11th or 10th rep, the worst thing you can do is go home and not even feel like you worked out, were are the gains in that?
Routine: Make sure you have a good routine WBB2 is near perfect, work ever muscle no madder how unimportant
Safe: be "spotsafe" like on straight bar bench have a spotter or dont power lift AT ALL

Little hints:
-Alot of working the back is getting a really good stretch with the weight at the end of every rep, relax for a second and let the weight pull your back muscles, then contract again.
-If you sacrifice range of movement for weight youll be flabby for the rest of your life
-eat alot after you workout, only eat quality foods, make sure you get alot of proteins from many different foods
- vitamins and minerals are a MUST, just as valuable as alot of protein
-With intensity, work up you anger before every set and unleash it in every rep.
-what seperates you from the massive guy in the gym isnt steroids or genetics, its the fact that he wants it more than anything in the world, and is willing to to go the highest level of intensity.
-Dont stress dont loose hope, if your not getting gains then your not having enough intensity or food, so massively increase both.
-Get plenty of fruit and yogurt an hour before a workout.
-eat immediatly after a workout.
-and dont get dysmophophobia if your abs are misaligned :)
-do 8 to 10 reps of everything, be at failure at 11 or 10

damn this is long

Chris Rodgers
02-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Zalxder

Deadlift 225 (only use deads for toning)

tuttut

A bunch of your lifts seem a little suspicious for a 15 year old who is 8 feet tall, but good work doing whatever you are.

Adam
02-17-2002, 04:30 PM
dumbell rows 240 lbs

:confused:

Zalxder
02-17-2002, 06:25 PM
I can do a 120 lbs dumbell in each hand. not 240 in one hand... its not that much, i see alot of guys doin the 150's 10 or 11 times, 1 time all the way up, too easy. im not strong lol my bench is 200 lbs, i just do an equal amount of each exercise, some guys do a squats and bench and thats it. i make sure to improve persistantly on every lift. 225 for DL isnt good, i see people do twice that

Zalxder
02-17-2002, 06:28 PM
Im 6'5, not 8 feet tall, basically picture a normal person on a larger scale, im not the average tall skinny guy, although i admit im skinnier than most

Chris Rodgers
02-17-2002, 09:12 PM
I believe you can deadlift 225, I gave you tuttut because deadlifts are not for toning. In fact IMO, no lifts should be used for toning. Use Body By Jake or the Abdominizer 9000 for stuff like that.

PowerManDL
02-17-2002, 09:29 PM
I give tuttut and a big http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/happy/thebirdman.gif just for using the word "toning" period.

MonStar1023
02-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Hehe.. toning.

tuttuttuttut

Neil
02-17-2002, 09:51 PM
The only way to really "tone" is by eating right. You can't do a lift just to "tone".

Zalxder
02-18-2002, 09:38 AM
lol, no lets all just have really big muscle...they wont matter cause theyll be under so much fat, but its ok, because we can lift alot!

Chris Rodgers
02-18-2002, 09:47 AM
*smacks head* :bang:

Zalxder
02-18-2002, 11:57 AM
lol can anyone say anything that they think will improve my diet/training?

CBates
02-18-2002, 12:05 PM
I see a problem with the diet. According to your calculations of protein, carb, and fat intake you are only consuming 1650 calories a day. I'd say up it to at least 2000 (mostly in the form of protein since your protein is pretty low, also up either the fat and carbs just a little, you need one of those for energy.

Zalxder
02-18-2002, 02:11 PM
Hmmmmm, i didnt notice that, ill up em both a little, thanks

MarshallPenn
02-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Well, your keys and hints are way off, they sound like you read too many flex's, and for your health, I would stop doing 20 grams of creatine a day. If you're rowing, not hoisting, 120lb dumbbells for sets of 10 with good form -- congrats! That rocks!