PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Training

lwf2849
02-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I recently developed some tendonitis in my elbows that makes it really painful to bench anything. My doc gave me steriod shots in my elbows that I have to say ain't doing SH$%! Anyone else experience this? Would circuit training be a good alternative to keep in shape while I recover?

If you check out the Randy Coture Training video on Google Video, you can check out a circuit training routine that I've tried and it's hard! I do it five times with 2 minutes in between. It seems to be a good workout if you can keep from puking....

Sleepy Guy
02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Are the roids to recover or to strengthen? I would not do circuit training because it will still put lots of strain on the elbow.

I would take it easy and do light lifts with a good range of motion. Keep the work outs short and work your way up. More does not always mean better when it comes to recovery.

paul5150
02-11-2007, 03:04 PM
I had/have elbow tendonitis from baseball, some days it hurts very bad and i cannot straighten my arm, other days it feels pretty good, so i just bench when its feeling good. I dont know if thats how yours feels though...

lwf2849
02-12-2007, 05:41 AM
The roids are for recovery. He said it helps with inflamation. Then I can start slowly lifting with them. The circuit training, surprisingly, doesn't hurt the elbows......

Sensei
02-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Was it a cortisone injection? What exactly did he give you? Most doctors don't draw up a needle and say "Now I'm gonna give you a shot of ROIDS to help w. the inflammation.."