PDA

View Full Version : First time trying rackpulls

Jinkies
02-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I had some problem hitching in my last meet so today I figured id attempt to find a solution. Read some articles and decided to give rack pulls a try.

I had no idea my hands could hold so much and I have to say that sore traps are the most annoying feeling in the world, its only a few hours after the workout and it feels like my head weighs 100 pounds.

Will these help improve my lockout in deadlift? Im also thinking of deadlifting off a platform to work on it

Sidior
02-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Rack pulls will help with lockout. Pulling off a platform will help with breaking it off the ground.

Stumprrp
02-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Rack pulls will help with lockout. Pulling off a platform will help with breaking it off the ground.

Ditto.

rmccray
02-13-2007, 06:52 AM
look at it like this SORE TRAPS MEAN THEY WILL SOON BE HUGE!!!!!
rack pulls are awesome SFW bro SFW

Jinkies
02-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I was thinking that if I improved my explosiveness I would have enough momentum to shoot past my breaking point so I was going to start dynamic platform pulls.

Stumprrp
02-13-2007, 07:39 AM
I was thinking that if I improved my explosiveness I would have enough momentum to shoot past my breaking point so I was going to start dynamic platform pulls.

very good idea, cleans and snatches will help your floor power also, this combined with rack pulls SHOULD get your deadlift moving.

make sure to cycle in full pulls every 3-4 weeks or so.

where are you doing your rack pulls? knee?

Guido
02-13-2007, 08:43 AM
If you get stuck at your knees, do your rack pulls from just below them. If your lockout is the problem, do them at or just above the knees.

Jinkies
02-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Im doing them a little above my knees, I probably have 4 inch rom.

I feel like its strengthing my hands alot because im able to hold much more weight and my body is getting a feel for some heavier pulling, It also showed me that I still have alot of room left to improve on my traps.

I found out my problem with form though, I would attempt to bend back before I had my legs fully straighted thus bringing the weight away from my body and causing me to hitch. I need to focus on just standing up and being straightlegged before trying to lock out.

02-13-2007, 10:11 PM

what he said!

RhodeHouse
02-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Rack Pulls are great for building strength, but they won't necessarily help your lockout, because your body is in a different position when you pull from the floor than when you pull from the pins. Work the pins down to just below your knees. IMO Keep after it. SFW!