PDA

View Full Version : Play Hero To Try or Die

PlayHero
02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
About 3 years ago I was around 240lbs and I moved in with my cousin who was recovering from cancer. It was the summer and I live with him and his wife who cooked a lot of good food for me. I went to the martial arts school he owned and by the end of summer I was around 190lbs. 3 years later I've been exercising off and on trying to lose the rest of it and all but given up on my diet. Enough is Enough, I'm back up to 210lbs and moving farther away from my goal and not closer to it.

Age - 21
Height - 5'8"
Weight - ~210lbs
BF% - 25-20%

I will go get an exact body fat reading from the gym at my school. For my diet I will go as john stone recommends with 10x my body weight in calories for cutting and with 40/40/20 40% crabs 40% protein 20% fat.

The following is a break down of my diet and I'd love some criticism

cals Fat carbs Proten

strawabarry yogurt 16oz 420 4 78 18
Dark Rye Bread 1 slice 80 1 14 3
Apple, raw 7oz 74 0 19 0
Power bar 1bar 240 4 45 10
Ground beef, Pan Browend 8oz 440 17 0 66
Chicken, breast skinless 10oz 458 10 0 86
all natural pentun butter 1tbs 95 8 3 4
Banana, raw 5oz 83 0 21 1
Chicken, breast skinless 5oz 229 5 0 43
Totals 2119 50 194 234

As for my work out program I will do 45mintuse of cardio ever day until I can do it at 80% effort at which time I will start doing the hitt program thatís listed on John Stones website.

I've never weight lighted in my life I've always just stuck with cardio. I feel Iíve been mistaken in doing so and will now start a weight lifting program. Since Iím a total nub at this I have picked a nub workout that seems very straight forward. 3 different exercises 5 lifts 5 different sets. 3 times a week, 2 alternating series of 3 exercises for an a/b/a/b/a/b workout cycle.

My real reason for posting this is because Iím horrible at dieting. I cheat within the first two or three days and it needs to stop. Iím hoping having other people who care about dieting know how am doing will help me stick with it. I can do the cardio easily, but Iím having some gym fright when it comes to the weights. As I have never lifted before and feel I will **** it up badly. I hope I can get past that after a few days.

I'd post some pics but apparently I cant yet.

Spourk
02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Good work on the weight thus far. Weights arent that scary, just make sure you start out really light and get the form down as form is KEY. You could look at WBB1 or BGB for possible routines as well. Yeah cutting isnt fun at all but it gets alot easier after the first week. Good luck!

PlayHero
02-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Good work on the weight thus far. Weights arent that scary, just make sure you start out really light and get the form down as form is KEY. You could look at WBB1 or BGB for possible routines as well. Yeah cutting isnt fun at all but it gets alot easier after the first week. Good luck!

Thanks, I've been trying to practice the form without weights at home however I have trouble keeping my back straight when doing the Barbell deadlift.

As for yesterday my diet was good and I havenít felt any urge to cheat yet. It'll be diet day 3 if I make it today, which is pretty big for me, all ready. Iím hoping to keep it up long after day 3 however. Exercise hasnít been great yet, I feel somewhat sick, and I have a small fever and bad congestion. I pushed myself into the gym last night but only did about 20mins of cardio and left. Not what I was hoping for but it was a better choice then, lets forget the whole thing. The same thing will probably happen today as I feel even worse.

PlayHero
02-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I skiped my workout becuse of my high fever however I was able to keep up with my diet which makes me verry happy. 3 days sounds like nothing I know but It's pritty big for me as food has allways been my weakness.

PlayHero
02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Weekend was a bit rough on the diet however back on track today and going to work out in a hour or so.