PDA

View Full Version : Post Workout Marijuana

Nito
02-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Would it be okay to right after my workout, to smoke weed? I feel that if I have a sesh after a workout, I can go home and drink a disgusting weight gainer shake without a problem. And then continue to munch throughout the night helping me meet my caloric needs.

Howard 9
02-13-2007, 06:54 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=91937&highlight=marijuana

McIrish
02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Would it be okay to right after my workout, to smoke weed? I feel that if I have a sesh after a workout, I can go home and drink a disgusting weight gainer shake without a problem. And then continue to munch throughout the night helping me meet my caloric needs.

What kind of weight gainer are you drinking that tastes disgusting? Geez, I look forward to my PWO shake... mmmm, probably best meal of the day!

AzBboy
02-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Ok you're just finding a way to make your drug use seem righteous. Toke your chrons if you're gonna but don't act like its only to help you build a better body. Lets get serious.

whiteman90909
02-14-2007, 11:14 AM
If it really helps him with the extra cals that much, then I would say he is serious.

Get a vape if you have the cash and say goodbye to physical side affects.

Questor
02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Ok you're just finding a way to make your drug use seem righteous. Toke your chrons if you're gonna but don't act like its only to help you build a better body. Lets get serious.

QFT. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who say they can't eat enough or don't like the taste of water.

If you need to meet your caloric intake, check out the recipe for the 1000+ calorie shake that floats around here.

Alex.V
02-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Dude, smoke because you enjoy it. Don't make up bull**** excuses.

americanwit
02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
If it was good enough for Schwarchenegger, then why not?

sweitz
02-14-2007, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't appeal to the terminator for support on this one

Chronic
02-14-2007, 09:14 PM
If it really helps him with the extra cals that much, then I would say he is serious.

it helps him get the extra cals down because it speeds up metabolism..... so its not helping

Unholy
02-14-2007, 09:21 PM
it helps him get the extra cals down because it speeds up metabolism..... so its not helping

Thats not true at all. You get munchies beyond belief.

To the OP

Smoke to your hearts content. I smoke a J in the shower after every single workout. And my post workout meal is the best tasting meal ever, every single time.

DokterVet
02-14-2007, 09:35 PM
How do you smoke in the shower? Doesn't it get wet?

Den Fisher
02-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Man, anytime is a good time to smoke the herb. I love lifting blitzed.

Unholy
02-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Its cold as **** in NY so I have a half mile walk from the gym. Get to my dorm go to the shower, set the water to the hottest i can get, point it at the side of the shower get it steamy, light my splif, Step in and relax for 10-15 minutes =)

Nito
02-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Its cold as **** in NY so I have a half mile walk from the gym. Get to my dorm go to the shower, set the water to the hottest i can get, point it at the side of the shower get it steamy, light my splif, Step in and relax for 10-15 minutes =)

duddde thats a brilliant ****ing idea, im gonna go do that now. lol

Holto
02-17-2007, 06:58 PM

Using a vaporizer eliminates the physical side effects of the smoke, not the drug itself.

Optimum08
02-17-2007, 08:00 PM
:withstupi. gives you a high (THC) without all the bad stuff that you breath when you actually smoke.

D Breyer
02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Does THC alone have any physical side effects (after the high of course)?

Holto
02-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Does THC alone have any physical side effects (after the high of course)?

Good lord yes.

That was the whole point of my post. Getting rid of the smoke does not get rid of the side effects of the drug.

There are some pretty bad side effects I just can't remember.

whiteman90909
02-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Using a vaporizer eliminates the physical side effects of the smoke, not the drug itself.

Which would include?...

Holto
02-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Which would include?...

Are you kidding? Have you ever smoked?

Off the top of my head, impaired memory and cognitive function.

Here is a study that shows it lowers IQ in subjects who smoked 5 or more joints per week. How many of us have smoked 5+ in a single night? Imagine the impact of that.

http://www.ecmaj.ca/cgi/content/abstract/166/7/887

I'll keep looking but I'm having to sift through a mountain of medical studies.

-----------------------------------------------------

Effects on the Central Nervous System
THC, the main active ingredient in marijuana, binds to membranes of nerve cells in the central nervous system that have protein receptors. After binding to nerve cells, THC initiates a chemical reaction that produces the various effects of marijuana use. One of the effects is suppression of memory and learning centers (called the hippocampus) in the brain.

http://www.egetgoing.com/drug_rehab/marijuana.asp

It literally coats your neural net. The more you smoke and the more often you smoke makes the effect more pronounced even when you are sober.

----------------------------------------------------------
Here is a major one:

This study examined the neurophysiological effects of cannabis. Cerebral blood flow (CBF) was measured in 12 long-term cannabis users shortly after cessation of cannabis use (mean 1.6 days). The findings showed significantly lower mean hemispheric blood flow values and significantly lower frontal values in the cannabis subjects compared to normal controls.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11711246&dopt=Abstract

BCC
02-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Dude, smoke because you enjoy it. Don't make up bull**** excuses.

That's right!

But seriously, smoking lots of pot completely eliminates my appetite allowing me to live on nothing but shakes without ever desiring food.

Unholy
02-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Thats pretty funny Holto, I go to one of the best Research Universities in the country and I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said 9 out of 10 students smoke pot here. Personally Ive been smoking since 7th grade which is about 8 years now and it hasn't hurt me in any way except the actual smoke.

BCC
02-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Thats pretty funny Holto, I go to one of the best Research Universities in the country and I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said 9 out of 10 students smoke pot here. Personally Ive been smoking since 7th grade which is about 8 years now and it hasn't hurt me in any way except the actual smoke.

That's why you just have to have a higher IQ in the first place, then smoke all you want :D

Unholy
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Amen Chase

Progress
02-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Do those side effects last forever or until the drug leaves the body?

Holto
02-18-2007, 05:16 PM

So you're saying it doesn't effect your short term memory?

D Breyer
02-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Amen Chase
:withstupi

KoolDrew
02-18-2007, 07:51 PM
So you're saying it doesn't effect your short term memory?

I always thought the short term memory effects were only while you were high, not long-term?

whiteman90909
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Are you kidding? Have you ever smoked?

Off the top of my head, impaired memory and cognitive function.

Ive never noticed these things.

Here is a study that shows it lowers IQ in subjects who smoked 5 or more joints per week. How many of us have smoked 5+ in a single night? Imagine the impact of that.

http://www.ecmaj.ca/cgi/content/abstract/166/7/887

I'll keep looking but I'm having to sift through a mountain of medical studies.

Kind of a small test pool, and wouldnt the smoke help to decrease bloodflow to the brain? This is on the effects of cannibis, not THC, which is all a vape will give you.

Effects on the Central Nervous System
THC, the main active ingredient in marijuana, binds to membranes of nerve cells in the central nervous system that have protein receptors. After binding to nerve cells, THC initiates a chemical reaction that produces the various effects of marijuana use. One of the effects is suppression of memory and learning centers (called the hippocampus) in the brain.

http://www.egetgoing.com/drug_rehab/marijuana.asp

It literally coats your neural net. The more you smoke and the more often you smoke makes the effect more pronounced even when you are sober.

I've never seen any studies that prove this, and the site has no links, citations or any evidence of research in it.

Here is a major one:

This study examined the neurophysiological effects of cannabis. Cerebral blood flow (CBF) was measured in 12 long-term cannabis users shortly after cessation of cannabis use (mean 1.6 days). The findings showed significantly lower mean hemispheric blood flow values and significantly lower frontal values in the cannabis subjects compared to normal controls.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11711246&dopt=Abstract

Once again, cannibis and THC are two different things. Smoked cannibis has many other side effects associated with it.

I'm not trying to argue about the physical side effects of cannabis, just THC, which is all you will inhale when using a vaporizer. The vape will boil the THC out, leaving all other carcinogens and chemicals behind. I have yet to read a study which has shown there to be any side effects.

whiteman90909
02-18-2007, 09:27 PM
I always thought the short term memory effects were only while you were high, not long-term?

It also effects my motor skills and ability to speak and act clearly... for about an hour. The short term memory loss is, well, a short term effect.

shoot4dabigtime
02-18-2007, 09:33 PM
this thread is pathetic, i find it quite contradictory to want to hit the gym and manipulate one's diet in order to better oneself, and then turn around and smoke marijuana.

just my .02

whiteman90909
02-18-2007, 10:54 PM
this thread is pathetic, i find it quite contradictory to want to hit the gym and manipulate one's diet in order to better oneself, and then turn around and smoke marijuana.

just my .02

There is an AS section of this forum.

BCC
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM

just my .02

I don't understand why?

I have a body some would love to have and I smoke pot like its going out of style. It's never stopped me from doing anything.

Does marijuana negate a diet?

Margin Of Error
02-19-2007, 02:46 AM
Weed makes you hungry, happy and sleepy. Why WOULDNT a bodybuilder smoke?

NateOz
02-19-2007, 05:47 AM
As long as you puff..puff...give I don't see a problem with it.

J/K...I think?

shoot4dabigtime
02-19-2007, 07:19 AM
I don't understand why?

I have a body some would love to have and I smoke pot like its going out of style. It's never stopped me from doing anything.

Does marijuana negate a diet?

with the complications in heath as well as finacially that it can cause, i do not see it as a positive thing. i think there are definitely better ways to have a good time, other than smoking marijuana, smoking tobacco, and drinking alcohol. I know this might seem extreme, but I have witnessed how horrific it can be later on in life. i'm not saying don't go out and have fun from time to time, but there is a line between having fun occasionally and have an addiction.

BCC
02-19-2007, 09:26 AM
with the complications in heath as well as finacially that it can cause, i do not see it as a positive thing. i think there are definitely better ways to have a good time, other than smoking marijuana, smoking tobacco, and drinking alcohol. I know this might seem extreme, but I have witnessed how horrific it can be later on in life. i'm not saying don't go out and have fun from time to time, but there is a line between having fun occasionally and have an addiction.

Well then there's the vaporizer argument to combat the health issue.

I can't really say I smoke to have a good time because I don't leisure around like a turd after I do so. I train hard, work, study up, do what I have to do and often do it a lot better than many, many sober people.

sleeplessaddict
02-19-2007, 11:45 AM
i used to smoke weed every day.... and i think i was addicted to it... mentally or something cuz i for real smoked a ****load of weed every single day.... and i lifted like crap, my diet was like crap, i wasnt focused, i forgot to do certain things, i took no xplode back then and after workouts id smoke, and it felt like i was on crack or something..... but yeah i mean it didnt work for me, now im in military, and have made most of my gains, while not on the pipe.... every once in a while if i take leave ill smoke a jay... but thats about it.

Unholy
02-19-2007, 11:50 AM

just my .02

In my life the two are completely separate. I eat well and lift hard and have been making great gains. I smoke pot on a daily basis. Its really not that bad financially. $250 gets you an O of some solid dro. Thats a joint every day for 3 months if you smoke a decent J every night. I do have to agree if you are prone to being a lazy turd without pot then it wont help you accomplish anything. :windup:

NordicNacho
02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Funny how you call it dro. Most hydro smokes pretty harsh and is typical indica cash cropper ****.

sleeplessaddict
02-19-2007, 01:44 PM
depends on how u define decent joint.... id say since a O is 28 grams, and maybe u put a .5 gram in per joint for a "decent" joint, even though I'd consider a nice once a gram... that gives u 1 month, 2 months tops.... and if you buy weed an O at a time, I'm willing to bet, that you have a hard time just smoking 1 jay a night.... but maybe im wrong.

edit* your also probably not smoking dro.

BCC
02-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Invest a little time into some botany and it's all free. Doing drugs if it hurts you financially is well....stupid.

Unholy
02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Funny how you call it dro. Most hydro smokes pretty harsh and is typical indica cash cropper ****.

Dro just refers to hydroponically grown indoor bud. And most of the time when people in New York grow indoors they don't waste valuable space on crappy strains.

shoot4dabigtime
02-19-2007, 06:43 PM
I can't really say I smoke to have a good time because I don't leisure around like a turd after I do so. I train hard, work, study up, do what I have to do and often do it a lot better than many, many sober people.

You act like I am attackin you personally, which I am not anyway whatsoever. However, not all people are as dedicated to you, and it affects them differently. That is merely the point I was trying to make.

paul5150
02-19-2007, 07:27 PM
my body doesnt want smoke in it, so its not goin in!

the doc
02-19-2007, 07:39 PM
i think its so damn funny that this is a diet & nutrition thread...

stevec087
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
^munchies, munchies, munchies!

Weed is absolutely fine if...
1) You use a vaporizer
2) Have no family history of psychological problems
3) You do not have an addictive/weak personality
4) You do not deal

I personally only use cannabis only once a month, it's more fun that way because when I do smoke it's like smoking for the first time.

Nito
02-19-2007, 10:11 PM
In the last 6 months I have never put on as much muscle, or done as well in school as I am doing this year. I blaze everyday.

Chrons + BBing = Life

Holto
02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Ive never noticed these things.

You might not notice until you stop.

I'm not trying to argue about the physical side effects of cannabis, just THC, which is all you will inhale when using a vaporizer. The vape will boil the THC out, leaving all other carcinogens and chemicals behind. I have yet to read a study which has shown there to be any side effects.

Studies on Cannabis are studies on the effects of THC. THC is the main psychoactive constituent of the plant. Are you suggesting the smoke is lowering their IQ's? If not then tell me what are you attributing this effect to.

I smoked daily for 11 years. When I developed a neurological disease from a chronic injury I stopped. I can't believe how different I feel and my neurological condition is improving in leaps and bounds VS when I smoked. The stuff coats your neural net.

Anyone who thinks something that gets them totally baked is without any side effects is lying to themselves.

When you smoke with a Vaporizer you are inhaling THC and a family of other psychoactive compounds referred to as "water solubles", all in all about 50 other drugs. The side effects of which are not known.

When I smoked out of a vaporizer I had the same negative side effects as any other method.

smitch250
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
i find that smoking is perfectly fine as long as youve already gone to the gym for the day.

although i only support smoking when its at tops acouple times a week. when it becomes a daily thing then its taking over your life. and its time to reevaluate your goals in life. and i believe most people that smoke daily are not reaching their full potential. smoking all the time does infact put a slight haze effect on your brain and quitting or cutting way back can be very uplifting. ( speaking from personal experiance of course)

Koopa
02-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I think smoking is just cheating yourself, and it will harm your gains in the long run.

Margin Of Error
02-21-2007, 11:55 PM
I think smoking is just cheating yourself, and it will harm your gains in the long run.

Some of us wouldnt make gains at all without smoking.

MrM
02-22-2007, 10:36 AM
That post workout-smoke meal must taste 10 times better

Holto
02-22-2007, 02:04 PM

This is an excuse for a lack of self discipline and/or nutrition knowledge.

Like Belial said, smoke because you enjoy it.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 02:08 PM

Then that must mean whoever isn't training hard enough and putting enough effort into it. As Holto and Belial said.

arturo
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
My bro smokes pot everyday and he is ignorant about the fact that he is a full blown pothead. Whenever i call him that he gets so pissed but just denies the fact and says he isn't. Its gotten so bad that i think hes been stealing money from my mom's purse to get money for pot. I smoke but rarely. Its not that "bad" if you do it like every weekend but everyday and you got a problem. My bro also lost his motivation to do anything and hes in his senior year of high school and hasn't applied for one single scholarship or college.

Just my two cents

SpecialK
02-22-2007, 05:52 PM

How could you not be able to make any gains without it?

ddegroff
02-22-2007, 06:29 PM

I'm making fine gains, and I smoke more than most.

Edit: Also I smoke because I enjoy it:thumbup: .

Hazerboy
02-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Lulz.

Arturo - while for some people pot may cause extreme laziness, even after the high is gone, your brother may just be suffering from a severe case of senioritis. I have several friends who are just as lazy this year and never touch pot.

Pot effects everyone differently. It doesn't surprise me at all that some people can smoke everyday and still have a great social life, make good grades and lifting gains. For some its the exact opposite. As far as long term/physical side effects, I don't believe there is enough unbiased research out there to support the the claim of long term harmful effects (besides the obvious effects on your lungs, that is).

arturo
02-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Lulz.

Arturo - while for some people pot may cause extreme laziness, even after the high is gone, your brother may just be suffering from a severe case of senioritis. I have several friends who are just as lazy this year and never touch pot.

Pot effects everyone differently. It doesn't surprise me at all that some people can smoke everyday and still have a great social life, make good grades and lifting gains. For some its the exact opposite. As far as long term/physical side effects, I don't believe there is enough unbiased research out there to support the the claim of long term harmful effects (besides the obvious effects on your lungs, that is).

Idk he seems more agrresive and lazy about everything. Im pretty sure if he never touched pot until now he would be different.