PDA

View Full Version : Foods for Weight Loss And Muscle Gain

Josh_bp
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Ok, so along with the many protien supplements I take on the days that I work out. My main diet consist of chicken, ham, PB&J, whole wheat bread. I like salad also. What I am trying to find out is what other lean meats or foods that could help me in losing weight and still lean up. I run at least 3 miles a day and weight lift for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on time constraints. I am 200lbs 5'8, most of my fat is in my belly section so i dont need any weight gainer. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

VikingWarlord
02-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Nothing more you can really do. If you want to lean out, eat less than you burn. If the foods you're taking in aren't crap, it's about nothing more than how much you eat. In < Out = Lean.

If you're just sick of what you've got now, get some fish. Tilapia, perch, pollock, or cod are good choices. Eggs are good, I eat about 8-10 whites daily. Extremely lean beef (beef jerky type stuff) also works. There are a lot of things you can add.

What does your intake actually look like?

Albertz
02-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey , i have the same problem i have most of my fat around the middle section of my body and i do about 1 hours or cardio everyday. I wanna build muscle and lost weight as well, so i guese where in the same shoes...

Josh_bp
02-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I should probably pay more attention on what I am taking in. As far as supplements I take 100% Whey shake with H2O with a PB&J before I work out along with 5mg Crealean. I take 2 scoops of Muscle Mike right after my workout and about 30 minutes to a hour later I'll eat some grilled chicken about 6 to 8 oz. I'll drink another 100% whey shake after lunch and later that evening i'll eat a lil snack and for supper I'll usually eat 6 to 8 oz. of grilled fish along with another whey shake. Thats about my day along with a bunch of water 8 glasses or so. As far as the actual amount of cal. pro. fat im taking in I couldnt tell you. It differs from day to day depending on if I'm working out or just doing cardio. And whats the deal is cardio bad when trying to gain muscle?

Thanks!

McIrish
02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Ok, so along with the many protien supplements I take on the days that I work out. My main diet consist of chicken, ham, PB&J, whole wheat bread. I like salad also. What I am trying to find out is what other lean meats or foods that could help me in losing weight and still lean up. I run at least 3 miles a day and weight lift for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on time constraints. I am 200lbs 5'8, most of my fat is in my belly section so i dont need any weight gainer. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Hmm, methinks PB&J could be easily replaced with some LEAN meat (ham is probably not hte best option) or some fish. VW is right - get yourself some salmon, cod, tuna, perch, snapper, etc. Also, ditch the ham for turkey or lean beef and fibrous veggies (colliform veggies are great - broccoli, cauliflower, etc). Nobody ever got fat from eating veggies...

Mr. D
02-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey , i have the same problem i have most of my fat around the middle section of my body and i do about 1 hours or cardio everyday. I wanna build muscle and lost weight as well, so i guese where in the same shoes...

You know thats probably not realistic. Pick one or the other. For you as well as the OP, I would make sure I was getting 1g/lbm of protein and 0.5g/lbm of fat. If you want to lose weight then reduce your caloric intake by 20% (of maintence cals) while still maintaining the above minimums. Fill in the rest of your cals with any combo of carbs,fat,and protein that you feel comfortable with.

Albertz
02-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Thankyour for your information. I no it requires a very strick diet if your trying to loose weight and gain muscle. At the moment scince i am in an office job, to maintain my weight at 191lb i need to consume about 2060 calaries. To reduce by 20% mean i will have to reduce by about 400cal. At the moment, i loose about 1000 calaries when i go to the gym. So its looks like i need to eat more than maintanance level to gain muscle and loose weight. What you guys think?, how much more should i eat?