PDA

View Full Version : Clean or dirty bulking

Phenom
02-15-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm currently bulking (trying to gain a lot of strength and muscle with minimal fat gains). I have been eating a lot the past few months, some meals healthier than others. Here's a typical day of eating for me:

Breakfast
4 egg whites on an english muffin
2 cups whole milk
1 cup of low fat yogurt

Meal after breakfast
1 apple
1 banana
4 cups of water

Lunch
Turkey on a roll with one piece of american cheese and bit of mayo
Grilled chicken sandwhich
1 bottle of powerade

Meal after Lunch
4 cups of water
1 small plate of rice or fried rice
1 small plate of chicken

Postworkout
Cytogainer shake with 2 cups of whole milk

Dinner
1 Small plate of mashed potatoes
1 Plate of pasta and tomato sauce

I find that I never have cravings for things like cake, chips, cookies, soda, and basically all junk food. I'm trying to bulk up but stay relatively clean. I know there are a few unclean foods in my diet such as the mayo and cheese. But does this look like a pretty clean diet or no? I'm not exactly sure how extreme clean and dirty bulking is. I'm guessing completely clean is bulking by eating a whole lot of lettuce, trimmed meat, and fatless grilled chicken and im guessing dirty bulking is pizza, cheeseburgers, fried chicken and fastfood. Not really sure though, just wondering where my diet stands.

Slim Schaedle
02-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm currently bulking (trying to gain a lot of strength and muscle with minimal fat gains). I have been eating a lot the past few months, some meals healthier than others. Here's a typical day of eating for me:

Breakfast
4 egg whites on an english muffin
2 cups whole milk
1 cup of low fat yogurt

Meal after breakfast
1 apple
1 banana
4 cups of water

Lunch
Grilled chicken sandwhich
1 bottle of powerade

Meal after Lunch
4 cups of water
1 small plate of rice or fried rice
1 small plate of chicken

Postworkout
Cytogainer shake with 2 cups of whole milk

Dinner
1 Small plate of mashed potatoes
1 Plate of pasta and tomato sauce

I find that I never have cravings for things like cake, chips, cookies, soda, and basically all junk food. I'm trying to bulk up but stay relatively clean. I know there are a few unclean foods in my diet such as the mayo and cheese. But does this look like a pretty clean diet or no? I'm not exactly sure how extreme clean and dirty bulking is. I'm guessing completely clean is bulking by eating a whole lot of lettuce, trimmed meat, and fatless grilled chicken and im guessing dirty bulking is pizza, cheeseburgers, fried chicken and fastfood. Not really sure though, just wondering where my diet stands.

That looks low in calories for 190lbs at 6'1"

But, only you know what it takes for you to grow, so if that is doing the job, press on.

As far as cleaniness, it's pretty good. It's not horrible to include some more "dirty" foods. But in my opinion, relying on them consistently can set one up for failure in the future when they want to adjust eating habits and/or embark on a cutting diet. (not to mention many dirty bulkers do not keep track of calorie counts)

PoutineEh
02-15-2007, 03:11 PM
after doing a "dirty bulk" i gave myself too much permission to eat crappy foods all the time and put on tons of fat. this wont apply to everyone, but i wont do another dirty bulk again. ill be doing clean bulks with the occasional food splurge.