PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is up with my back?!

Portboy
02-17-2007, 11:14 AM
OK! Seriously, it could be the lighting, but specifically, what the hell is wrong with my back? Simply rubbish genes, or what?! I may be able to get some other pics, but i aim to try and look at least acceptable in all light!

Crap (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/zst_anger/IMAG0063.jpg)
Crappy crap (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/zst_anger/IMAG0062.jpg)
Crappy back (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/zst_anger/IMAG0047.jpg)
Crappy back, again (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/zst_anger/IMAG0005-1.jpg)

My wheels suck, i can't squat much at all, if anyones reading my journal they will know that. And yes, i know i should probably eat more.

Thanks in advance.

Davidelmo
02-17-2007, 11:23 AM
What's wrong with it?

It looks fairly in proportion to be honest.

goose21
02-17-2007, 11:25 AM
im not 100% sure wat ur complaining about
looks fine too me
might be genetics

Portboy
02-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I think it just looks...empty and weak, no real detail or bulk. I probably obsess over my back more than any other body part, perhaps i'm just worrying.

Davidelmo
02-17-2007, 11:28 AM
I think you're just worrying.

You look just fine to me. The relaxed shot looks good. I think it's a slightly skewed angle on the 2nd back pic which makes it look unsymetrical.

Blood&Iron
02-17-2007, 11:55 AM
It looks pretty much in line with the rest of your physique. I don't think it's a weak point at all.

Relax.

sharkall2003
02-17-2007, 12:56 PM
You have absolutely no lower back, but your upperback is in proportion with the rest of what's in the front.

Beast
02-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Looks fine, dude. Just keep eating and deadlifting.

Tofer
02-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Your spinal erectors seem to be non-existent (or maybe it's just the lighting) but the lats seem to be coming in nicely. What are your deadlift/good morning numbers like?

Kingair
02-17-2007, 01:24 PM
What's the problem? Looks pretty well developed. Maybe lean up a little, drop bodyfat a couple of % points? Stop worrying.

KarateBoy
02-17-2007, 03:24 PM
If your deadlifting less than 225 for reps than you really won't have a lower/middle back.

It become pretty decent at 315 for reps.

McVein
02-17-2007, 03:28 PM
If your deadlifting less than 225 for reps than you really won't have a lower/middle back.

.......seriously?

Jordanbcool
02-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I think it just looks...empty and weak, no real detail or bulk. I probably obsess over my back more than any other body part, perhaps i'm just worrying.

It looks empty and weak because it IS empty and weak.

Very very few people on this board have "great" physiques. You just need to include some more back work or dead lifts in your routine. They'll grow if you work hard. Other then that. I think you look fine to be honest. Not scrawny but def. could add some more muscle.

Jordanbcool
02-17-2007, 04:38 PM

haha.

You cant judge a good back from the weight someone pulls up! :smoke:

KarateBoy
02-17-2007, 05:33 PM
I've never seen anyone put on a decent amount of muscle- especially on a surface area as large as a back- lifting 5 lb pink DBs.

If you can do it, good for you. If you can't go ****en heavy as ****.

HeavyBomber
02-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Your lower, middle, and upper traps are lacking. Like others have said, keep lifting.
Dead lifts and bent-over BB rows should be a staple for you.

Detard
02-17-2007, 06:21 PM
yo u live in the future? sweet! so i guess the earth doesnt explode until after 2030 :p *looks at time stamp on pictures* hahah

like others have said, develop that lower back.rack pulls, good mornings, deadlifts.. and just keep doing heavy shrugs and bb rows.

pickle
02-17-2007, 07:28 PM
looks fine guy, keep up the good work.

Portboy
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Thankyou all for your candor.

It's possible that this pic was taken during the VERY VERY stupid time of me NOT deadlifting, so that's my excuse for a crappy lower back. I've been doin' bent rows for a few weeks now, after my deadlifts (BGB, see) and i'm maxing out on a very pathetic 308lbs for one rep.

Thankyou all for the advice, i'll shall try to eat more and bring it all up to scratch.

Cheers.

WORLD
02-17-2007, 08:20 PM
dude relax, your back will get where you want it to be..Follow all the advice above. You just needed everyone to tell you your back is fine, cheer up bud. :)

Jordanbcool
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
I've never seen anyone put on a decent amount of muscle- especially on a surface area as large as a back- lifting 5 lb pink DBs.

If you can do it, good for you. If you can't go ****en heavy as ****.

We know...

But you're just making a gross over generalization. Yes, lifting heavy will get your back (or any body part big)....but you can't make a generalization about weight, reps, size........whats big for someone else might be small. What is heavy for someone might be pathetic for another. What someone might consider a big, strong powerful back another might see it as being too big.

Built
02-17-2007, 11:22 PM
You have bigorexia.

<rubs hands together with delight>

Welcome - you are now one of the chosen.

;)

Looking forward to the next batch of pix. I predict your back will respond very nicely to deads and rows. Mine sure did - and I didn't have your lat-genes when I started!

Davidelmo
02-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Thankyou all for your candor.

It's possible that this pic was taken during the VERY VERY stupid time of me NOT deadlifting, so that's my excuse for a crappy lower back. I've been doin' bent rows for a few weeks now, after my deadlifts (BGB, see) and i'm maxing out on a very pathetic 308lbs for one rep.

Thankyou all for the advice, i'll shall try to eat more and bring it all up to scratch.

Cheers.

Is that a 308lb deadlift or row?

I'd be impressed if that was a row! :evillaugh

sharkall2003
02-18-2007, 05:58 AM
Do you wear a belt? Because it looks like your lower back is completely eliminated from your exercises.

Portboy
02-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Do you wear a belt? Because it looks like your lower back is completely eliminated from your exercises.

Hell no! All raw lifts. No gloves, wraps, belts, shirts, or whatever. Like i said, this pic could've been taken during the VERY STUPID time of me not deadlifting.

Davidelmo - lol, its a deadlift.

Built - lol i hope bigorexia is a good thing, i guess it will motivate me more, or something.

Thanks again all.

jed
02-18-2007, 05:49 PM
i dont get it... what IS wrong with your back? i dont see nothin wrong. nice arms btw.

Portboy
02-19-2007, 01:32 AM
i dont get it... what IS wrong with your back? i dont see nothin wrong. nice arms btw.

Haha! I think they were around 13", 13.5" there! I think thats bloody terrible, but then i guess my sarcasm detector could be broken, or not, i don't know.

Thanks anyhooo.

Clifford Gillmore
02-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Belts don't eliminate anything, ever. Peroid.

ederon
02-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Nothing wrong with your genes maybe something wrong with your workouts.