PDA

View Full Version : Diet Question

Devin
02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
While I am still learning, and am unfamiliar with a lot of the terms and such. I generally eat pretty healthy, eat proper portions and trya nd get in 3 meals a day along with another 2-3 "snacks". I am currently taking a few supplements from atlargenutrition.com (nitrean, creatine, and thermocin) and thats basically it.

I am pretty skepticle of most supplements but I know some people here take things such as Fish Oil, glucosamine, Nitor....etc.

Generally speaking its sort of the high-protein, low fat/carb type diet. Ive not read much on carb loading or anything like that. And for the immediate future ill likely stick to this routine.

Breakfast is usually where I have the highest carb/sugar intake of the day and because of work I cant workout early in the morning. Most days my workout is sometime after 11am. I dont know how many calories im taking in a day, if I was guessing, ballpark of around 2200 is probably close.

I dont alter my diet after workouts, is there a food i should eat afterwards?

I dont have a goal per say, I mean im trying to drop fat and gain muscle like anyone else i suppose.

I realize almost everyone has different supplements/diets....etc.

Just curious if the above is on the right track or I should change/add anything. Of course simply want to maximize results. Ill continue searching round these forums, just a lot to take in.

Unreal
02-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Start tracking calories and macros. That is the first step to maximize results.

Devin
02-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Macros?

RedSpikeyThing
02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Macros?

Fat. protein and carbs

Devin
02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Ah ok thanks. Yeah was just reading over :

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=74607

I pretty much feel like I have my starting point as far as that goes.

Is there something specific I should eat after a workout? Like carbs or protein....etc?