PDA

View Full Version : nutritious lunch

yankeekd25
02-20-2007, 04:13 PM
gettin sick of my lunch...right now i am a senior in HS and every day i either eat a natty PB or turkey breast sandwich on white bread and take a pure protein bar with me. i bought some good sunflower seeds today and im gonna start takin those with me daily. couple of questions.... im sure this has been asked before but is white bread any better/worse than other breads.... (whole wheat primarily). Also, what are some good on the go alternatives to these sandwiches that i can take....?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
White bread is the worst. The rule for bread is...the browner the better.

Beast
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah, ditch the white bread for 100% whole grain bread.

You should try making a tuna sandwich... I like mixing the tuna with fat-free mayo and sugar free (Splenda) sweet relish.
You can also bring some almonds/walnuts/peanuts to get in your healthy fats.

getfit
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
muti grain bread is so good

yankeekd25
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah, ditch the white bread for 100% whole grain bread.

You should try making a tuna sandwich... I like mixing the tuna with fat-free mayo and sugar free (Splenda) sweet relish.
You can also bring some almonds/walnuts/peanuts to get in your healthy fats.

i personally do not like the taste of tuna. plus i am kinda sick of sandwiches. i love peanut butter... is there anything i can stick 2 tbsp of Natty PB on for lunch or something? regarding nuts... are sunflower seeds good to eat. its hard for me to take like a chicken breast or something cuz it wont stay good in my locker, although i would love to. this is my usual diet plan... even though i think it seems good i feel like a flubby mess....suggestions?

7:15- Ride to School Meal 1- Protein Bar (not a big breakfast fan/ hate breakfast foods/ get the runs when i eat this early)
11:30 Lunchtime in School- Meal 2- 2 Turkey or PB Sandwiches + Protein Bar
1:00 or 3:00 (everyother day i get out early)Meal 3- Usually leftovers from the night before- Chicken/ Ground Beef with Vegetables
5:00- Dinner- Meal 4 Steak/ Chicken/ Chili/ Turkey, etc... with a starch and vegetables
6-7ish- Work out- WBB1, Cardio few times a week
8:00- Meal 5 Protein Shake if Carbs/ Cals allow- otherwise yogurt/ fruit

shoot4dabigtime
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
its hard for me to take like a chicken breast or something cuz it wont stay good in my locker, although i would love to.

a chicken breast would only be in your locker for a few hours. just put it in a tupperware container and it will be fine, since it was in the refrigerator all night. if you really want to be careful, throw in some coldpacks or something to keep it cold. i just throw mine in the tupperware, and they are fine.

Optimum08
02-21-2007, 06:21 AM
cooked chicken breasts can keep for a pretty good amount of time without refridgeration. cook some up the night before and throw them in, with some veggies and a sweet potato or soemthing. if it really worries you, go out and get one of those lunch packs that have the cold pack in them. IIRC they are like 10 bucks ish.

Tyrtl
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
cooked chicken breasts can keep for a pretty good amount of time without refridgeration. cook some up the night before and throw them in, with some veggies and a sweet potato or soemthing. if it really worries you, go out and get one of those lunch packs that have the cold pack in them. IIRC they are like 10 bucks ish.

I agree get all your meals ready the night before. Also try taking some MRP shakes with you, take one in the morning for breakfast. Are you taking multivitamins?

Stumprrp
02-21-2007, 12:33 PM
i usually pack 2 PB or 2 tuna sandwiches with some fruit and nuts, or should i say my mom packs it lol then i buy 2 milks

Howard 9
02-21-2007, 05:14 PM
i personally do not like the taste of tuna. plus i am kinda sick of sandwiches. i love peanut butter... is there anything i can stick 2 tbsp of Natty PB on for lunch or something? regarding nuts... are sunflower seeds good to eat. its hard for me to take like a chicken breast or something cuz it wont stay good in my locker, although i would love to. this is my usual diet plan... even though i think it seems good i feel like a flubby mess....suggestions?

7:15- Ride to School Meal 1- Protein Bar (not a big breakfast fan/ hate breakfast foods/ get the runs when i eat this early)
11:30 Lunchtime in School- Meal 2- 2 Turkey or PB Sandwiches + Protein Bar
1:00 or 3:00 (everyother day i get out early)Meal 3- Usually leftovers from the night before- Chicken/ Ground Beef with Vegetables
5:00- Dinner- Meal 4 Steak/ Chicken/ Chili/ Turkey, etc... with a starch and vegetables
6-7ish- Work out- WBB1, Cardio few times a week
8:00- Meal 5 Protein Shake if Carbs/ Cals allow- otherwise yogurt/ fruit

No matter what you should be gettin in a post workout shake. Change your diet up if you can't fit it in your current one. It is very important to get a good PWO shake.