PDA

View Full Version : First Pics Posted

Slayer4317
02-21-2007, 04:01 AM
removed

krboyd7
02-21-2007, 04:15 AM
I have never been skinny, and though I'm not "fat" now I want to get rid of this stomach fat and bulk up.

You will not be able to bulk up on mass and lose abdominal fat at the same time. To "bulk up" and gain good mass you must consume more calories so will actually gain a bit more body fat in the process.

You must decide wether you are happy with your current muscle mass and want to get leaner or wether you wanna get bigger. I recomend putting on a few pounds by training hard and eating more.

Hows your diet looking at the moment?
Whats your current training routine?

Slayer4317
02-21-2007, 04:31 AM
^^ Well my primary goal is to lose stomach fat (chisel abs) so I would like to do whatever it takes to do that. After that I guess I would like to get bigger, if that makes any sense. So I guess I am going on a cut.

This is the Diet plan im trying to fully commit to(New). I have been trying to cut down on what I am eating. I am open to suggestions.

5oo AM:
Coffee
Workout
Protein Shake = 23g Whey + 2Tbsp Peanut Butter + Bannana + Milk + Ice + Creatine
(I might add)
Oatmeal or Waffles or Eggs (Fried)

Lunch:
Sandwhich (Meat & Cheese)
Fruit
Snacky Food

Dinner:
(Whats on the Table - Usually)
Meat
Starch (Potatoes, Bread)
1/2 Vegetables

Vitamin Supplament

Workout Plan:
Nothing Concrete. Been doing a lot of reading and I am currently just trying to get familar with gym equipment. I have only done some light work with dumbells in the past. Also trying to get more sleep. (In bed at 10oo and workout at 5oo = 7 hours = more than I have gotten in the past)

30 min Cardio (Treadmill/Eliptical)
45 min Weights

krboyd7
02-21-2007, 04:58 AM
If you insist on an early workout i woul def have a protein shake with water before you lift and also do cardio.Without the right sources of carbs/protein your body may turn Catabolic aggghhhhhhhhhh bad!!!!!

I do not lift unless i have had good carbs and protein. Without the carbs i dont have the energy to lift.

Try to cut out fried eggs and have boiled,poached or scrammbled.
Stick to whole wheat or oat cereals.

Your shake looks good to me.But if i was on a cut i wud not add the p.b.

Cut out the cheese and have low fat cottage cheese instead.

Most of all avoid all the white potatoes white rice white bread etc. You are creating an insulin spike and imparing your bodys ability to burn fat.only eat these foods immediately after a workout.

If you want more info on this subject i can give you it.

I was a noob 11 months ago and have made amazing progression. You will too, just eat good train hard and sleep.

Good luck

Slayer4317
02-21-2007, 05:06 AM
If you insist on an early workout i woul def have a protein shake with water before you lift and also do cardio.Without the right sources of carbs/protein your body may turn Catabolic aggghhhhhhhhhh bad!!!!!

I do not lift unless i have had good carbs and protein. Without the carbs i dont have the energy to lift.

Try to cut out fried eggs and have boiled,poached or scrammbled.
Stick to whole wheat or oat cereals.

Your shake looks good to me.But if i was on a cut i wud not add the p.b.

Cut out the cheese and have low fat cottage cheese instead.

Most of all avoid all the white potatoes white rice white bread etc. You are creating an insulin spike and imparing your bodys ability to burn fat.only eat these foods immediately after a workout.

If you want more info on this subject i can give you it.

Thanks for the advice. If you have any more info in general or critiques I am happy to listen. I am new at this so I really don't know what I am doing.

In summary:

I guess I'll do protein shake before and oatmeal after& coffee?

Scratch the pb in the shake

Watch the White breads/potatoes etc.... Stick to wheat??

Have low fat cottege cheese instead of cheese with lunch.

Question:

What about soda and Energy Drinks? Soda I can and plan to avoid all together (Stick to tea if I have to) and should i also avoid energy drinks?

THANKS

McVein
02-21-2007, 07:13 AM
the first thing i notice is you are doing cardio before you lift///change that around.

What routine will you be following?

EDIT: and if i were you, i wouldnt be cutting, you have nothing to cut to...yet :burger:

Jordanbcool
02-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Bulk. You will not be happy with what you see once you cut. Trust me on this. I tried to do the same thing last summer and failed miserably.

shoot4dabigtime
02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
if i were you i would have a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake prior to you early morning workout. afterwords, chow down on some chicken and whatever carb source you would like, if that is not possible down another shake with some sugar added.

must_eat
02-21-2007, 04:44 PM
eat sleep squat and deadlift and do wbb

Unholy
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I would def bulk if I were you.

hulkinout
02-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I'd say bulk too. Looks like being lean might come naturally.

Slayer4317
02-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Here's my routine. I've droped 3.5 lbs as of right now. I think I'm just going to follow this routine for a while and see where it leads me. - Any Advice?

Food:

Coffee
Workout
Shake: Whey, Milk, Peanut Butter, & Bannanna

Lunch:
Low Fat Cottege Cheese
Bread
Meat
Vegetable

Dinner:
Chicken
Vegie x2
Startch of some sort (Bread, potatoes, etc)

(Edit Spot Reduction Section deleted)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Aerobics: Hard Running for 30 min (=6mph at the moment)
Rest 2 Minutes
Interval Training: 10 sets of 1-minute sprints on the treadmill, exercising at 95 to 100 percent of maximum effort (10mph). Rest 1 Minute between sets.
Rest 2 Minutes
Weight Training: 3 Sets of 10 repetitions of the following Exercises:
~~~Bench presses
~~~Dumbbell shoulder presses
~~~Upright rows
~~~Lat pulls
~~~Bent over rows
~~~Biceps curls
~~~Squats
~~~Seated knee extension (leg extension machine)
~~~Lying knee flexions (leg curl machine)
~~~Calf raises
~~~Lower back hyperextensions
Rest 1 minute between sets and 2 minutes between exercises.
Curl-ups [sit-ups] (with feet on a bench): 6 to 10 sets of 50 reps. Rest 1-2 minutes between sets. Minimize movement of the shoulder and neck during the exercise.

Tuesday, Saturday
Aerobics: Treadmill running or walking 45 to 90 minutes.
Rest 2 Minutes
Interval Training: 10 sets of 1-minute sprints on the treadmill, exercising at 95 percent to 100% of maximum effort. Rest 1 minute between sets.
Rest 2 minutes
Curl Ups: 6 sets of 50 reps. Rest 1-2 minutes between sets

Davidelmo
02-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Spot Reduction & Accelerated Fat-loss Workout[/b]
Do the following program to build lean, cut abs and a muscular, athletic body. Rest two days per week. Cut down on the exercise time during aerobics and the number of exercises, sets and reps during weight training if you become overly fatigued or develop tenderness in your knees or hips. For a maximum fat loss, do this workout before breakfast.

No.

Lift hard, lift heavy with compound movements instead of trying to focus on spot reduction and hard abs.

Slayer4317
02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
No.

Lift hard, lift heavy with compound movements instead of trying to focus on spot reduction and hard abs.

This workout seems to hit everything though. I'm working most muscles with muscle failure every time.

It may have more cardio than some people would like but I don't mind.

Talking_God
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
You can't spot reduce fat. Period.

Working muscles to failure every time is not good, it's going to lead you to overload your nerves and will cause more detrimental effects than good. Listen to some of the folks around here, they know what they're talking about.

Slayer4317
02-25-2007, 10:24 PM
You can't spot reduce fat. Period.

Working muscles to failure every time is not good, it's going to lead you to overload your nerves and will cause more detrimental effects than good. Listen to some of the folks around here, they know what they're talking about.

I understand that which is why I am on these forums. Look at it not as spot reduction then but as a general workout and does it look good in that sense?

As for muscle failure every time, I'm going for 10 reps 3 times and I hit failure the second and third set near the end. I thought that was fine.