PDA

View Full Version : Quick Post workout ?

David
02-18-2002, 12:10 PM
alright, i was going to start taking dextrose along with protein powder after working out but i dont feel like paying over $17 a month for dextrose!

so....i am thinking about eating 3 bananas, 2 scoops of whey and 2 glasses of milk.

i need to know what you guys think about it and would it work as a postworkout meal. i get banans for 29 cents a pound so i think its a good deal.

also, what do you think about ZMA...i had a post asking about it but it got closed!

gino
02-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Bananas are no match for dextrose. Dextrose is the ultimate post workout supplement, and it is very cheap(less than half the price of any protein supplement by weight and just as important). At proteinfactory, it's like 2.49 a pound. 10 lbs should easily last you a couple months.

Buy it.
Use it.
Buy more.

Slim Schaedle
02-18-2002, 12:20 PM
17 bux a month is not that much....i payed 10 bux for 11lbs of the stuff...and it lasts much longer than 1 month

CBates
02-18-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TripleP
alright, i was going to start taking dextrose along with protein powder after working out but i dont feel like paying over $17 a month for dextrose!

so....i am thinking about eating 3 bananas, 2 scoops of whey and 2 glasses of milk.

also, what do you think about ZMA...i had a post asking about it but it got closed!

IMO, that's not that good of a post workout shake/meal. The fructose from the bananas will be restore your liver glycogen instead of the muscle glycogen and the milk will slow done the absorption of the whey protein. Dextrose, whey, and water is the best post workout shake. Also, I've been taking ZMA for about 2 months, and I think it's a waste of money, after I run out this month, I'm not buying anymore.

David
02-18-2002, 12:25 PM
alright guys thanks for the posts....i think i will buy dextrose then.

BUT, i plan on taking 100g after working out, and at protein factory a months supply will be $17.....the reason why i mentioned the bananas is that i read in flex magazine thats what dorian yates used to eat after his workout.

unev_en
02-18-2002, 12:27 PM
You can always buy SweetTarts, a candy made entirely from dextrose/malto.

David
02-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by unev_en
You can always buy SweetTarts, a candy made entirely from dextrose/malto.

OMG is this guy for real???

gino
02-18-2002, 12:53 PM
alright guys thanks for the posts....i think i will buy dextrose then.

BUT, i plan on taking 100g after working out, and at protein factory a months supply will be $17.....the reason why i mentioned the bananas is that i read in flex magazine thats what dorian yates used to eat after his workout.

You don't need 100g. 50g of dextrose is plenty to give you what you need.

Did Flex mention that dorian's post workout shake also included huge amounts of test, anadrol, insulin, and GH?

CBates
02-18-2002, 12:58 PM

OMG is this guy for real???

Yes, you can also eat SweetTarts.

David
02-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by gino

Did Flex mention that dorian's post workout shake also included huge amounts of test, anadrol, insulin, and GH?

LOL, oh man thats funny, but seriosuly no it didnt.

i have a serious question:

so how many of you guys out there in the bodybuilding community eat candy for postworkout???

TreeTrunks
02-18-2002, 01:05 PM
pros probably eat a bowl of pills for breakfast

unev_en
02-18-2002, 01:10 PM
so how many of you guys out there in the bodybuilding community eat candy for postworkout???

I'm allergic to whey protein, so I can't eat any pre-made dextrose/whey post-workout supplements. Instead, I eat 5 giant sweettarts (50 g of dextrose/malto) and 25 g protein worth of egg whites.

Really, should there be any difference between powdered dextrose and a candy made entirely of dextrose?

hemants
02-18-2002, 01:11 PM
"so how many of you guys out there in the bodybuilding community eat candy for postworkout???"

All depends if you include the powdered form you get called Dextrose.

gino
02-18-2002, 01:14 PM
If I don't have any dextrose, I'll eat anything high in sugar after a workout.

David
02-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by gino
If I don't have any dextrose, I'll eat anything high in sugar after a workout.

yeah, cause you need the insulin spike after working out

Qea
02-18-2002, 07:00 PM
17 bucks a month for dextrose would be alot cheaper than buying all those seperate grocery ingredients to make your post-workout shake for a month

David
02-19-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Qea
17 bucks a month for dextrose would be alot cheaper than buying all those seperate grocery ingredients to make your post-workout shake for a month

LOL what are you talking about?? bananas are like 29 cents a pound here.

Qea
02-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Sorry, my bad.

go bananas then

:D

David
02-19-2002, 02:04 PM
hey i like your siqnature qea

also, "better to swallow it an' taste it, than to spit and make a mess"

Qea
02-19-2002, 05:45 PM
I think along PG-13 lines, bro ;)