PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick observation

Stumprrp
02-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Dont laugh but lately i havent really stressed post workout as much, and ive just been making a opticen shake in milk with 1 cup of ice cream, lol, even in my advance nutrition book it says in bold print the body needs simple carbs and sugars after an intense weight session, you guys use dextrose which pretty much is sugar, am i really killing myself having ice cream in my shake? its just easier and tastier, along with fitting in my daily cals. it also should replenish the glycogen just fine. (SP?)

Unholy
02-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I think you are a fat butt head.

This is cutting season dont post about ice cream bob!

Stumprrp
02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
true, but that didnt answer my question nooblet!

Ritzol
02-22-2007, 01:56 PM
it's calories in vs calories out.... but its not a very healthy option and you already know that. So my answer would be no, find something different...like yogurt or peanut butter.

Beast
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Doesn't your ice cream have a lot of fat in it?

Guido
02-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Doesn't your ice cream have a lot of fat in it?True. Anything with higher fat content is going to inhibit the rate of protein absorbtion. That's why if you're going to put protein powder in milk you should use the lowest fat kind. Skim, ideally.

Stumprrp
02-22-2007, 04:54 PM
1%

and putting peanut butter has what, 6 grams of carbs? lol, ill use something else.

IZich
02-22-2007, 05:43 PM
lol.. ice cream. how about whipped cream? Reddiwhip comes to mind as something awesome.

Stumprrp
02-22-2007, 06:00 PM
im putting in ice cream for the sugar and carbs, lol, i could use oatmeal but thats to slow.

Slim Schaedle
02-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Sucrose (being glucose and fructose) is not ideal at all.

See the various threads about fructose/fruit for detailed explanation.

What's the title of that book?

ddegroff
02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
im putting in ice cream for the sugar and carbs, lol, i could use oatmeal but thats to slow.

I use ground oats, pre/post. Seems to work great for me.

Have been thinking about dex tho, just never bought it.

SpecialK
02-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Heck why not just make a post-workout sundae? Throw on some whipped cream, chocolate sauce, nuts, and a cherry :thumbup:

Stumprrp
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Heck why not just make a post-workout sundae? Throw on some whipped cream, chocolate sauce, nuts, and a cherry :thumbup:

always got the good response huh K? :P

to be honest its quite lazy of me, the book is fantastic i just read it kinda wrong, "advance sports nutrition"

ill go back to my old mix i suppose..

...ill miss you coffee ice cream....

Sidior
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
it's calories in vs calories out.... but its not a very healthy option and you already know that. So my answer would be no, find something different...like yogurt or peanut butter.

well throwing alot of fats in there kinda deafeats the purpose of using simple sugars to spike the insulin quickly...if that is what you are into

02-22-2007, 10:29 PM
ive always been told if im going to eat desert do it in your post workout meal - i see nothing wrong with ice cream in your shake every once in ahwile but i prolly wouldnt do it every day

Beast
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
i could use oatmeal but thats to slow.
There's a big misconception about oatmeal having a low glycemic index. It really isn't low (http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods.htm)... In fact, it's about the same as drinking the same amount of orange juice.

Stumprrp
02-22-2007, 11:01 PM
beast - interesting, i always thought it was low, my old post workout shakes used to have everything in them, whey, peanut butter, milk, a banana, blueberrys, and oatmeal. i didnt really know better, lol.