PDA

View Full Version : Subway??

arturo
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/pdf/NutritionValues.pdf

according to that the tuna sandwhich has alot of fat probably cause of the mannonaise....which sandwhich would best suit me from subway considering i want low fat but high protein...thoughts??? ideas??

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
The mayo is low fat...however...having worked at Subway back in high school...the ridiculous amount of mayonnaise that is required to be put in the tuna when it's being made sort of negates that very fact.

Why do you want to eat low fat? You're not on a low fat diet, are you? Fat is essential to the proper functioning of your body. Healthy fats should make up the bulk of your fat intake, with saturate fat filling in the rest (yes...saturated fat serves a purpose). And fat doesn't make you fat.

arturo
02-22-2007, 08:18 PM
im cutting...fat does make you fat...did u think protein makes u fat?

RedSpikeyThing
02-22-2007, 08:19 PM
im cutting...fat does make you fat...did u think protein makes u fat?

Wrong-o. Fat does not make you fat. Excess calories make you fat. And yes, you can get fat from protein.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Fat doesn't make you fat. Sorry to break it to you. I know it's hard to take in all at once, but you will heal over time. Just take a breather, maybe get away on a nice vacation for a while until the idea that fat does not make you fat sinks in. Then we can move on and all will be great.

Excess calories makes you fat...these coming from fat, protein, or carbs. It doesn't matter which one. It always isn't so black and white, because there are a few other factors that play a role in body composition and what you eat, but fat in of itself does not make you fat. There's also what macronutrients you combine together that can make a difference. But again...and please take time to make it sink in...fat does not make you fat.

Also, read and be enlightened ~> http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=284

02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Fat doesn't make you fat. Sorry to break it to you. I know it's hard to take in all at once, but you will heal over time. Just take a breather, maybe get away on a nice vacation for a while until the idea that fat does not make you fat sinks in. Then we can move on and all will be great.
Excess calories makes you fat...these coming from fat, protein, or carbs. It doesn't matter which one. It always isn't so black and white, because there are a few other factors that play a role in body composition and what you eat, but fat in of itself does not make you fat. There's also what macronutrients you combine together that can make a difference. But again...and please take time to make it sink in...fat does not make you fat.

Also, read and be enlightened ~> http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=284

haha

arturo
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM

thanks alot that really made my day

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
http://i15.tinypic.com/48qc77a.jpg

:p

RedSpikeyThing
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
^^ That needs to be an emoticon.

Buzzsaw
02-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I get the roast beef on wheat, double meat, and load up on veggies (tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, olives, jalapenos and NO iceberg lettuce). Getting hungry just thinking about Subway.

arturo
02-22-2007, 09:06 PM
I get the roast beef on wheat, double meat, and load up on veggies (tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, olives, jalapenos and NO iceberg lettuce). Getting hungry just thinking about Subway.

lol...i got chicken teriaki

sry bout spelling

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
^^

Chicken teriyaki is my favorite. I get it on parmesan oregano bread with lettuce, green bell peppers, sweet onion sauce, oregano, parmesan, and pepper.

Beholder
02-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Roasted Chicken, Whole Weat, Double Orange Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Jalapenos... mayo and pepper.. mmmm

Optimum08
02-23-2007, 10:17 AM
subway club (turkey, ham, and roast beef) on honey oat with shredded cheddar, spinach, tomatoes, pickles, banana peppers, and bell peppers, with salt and pepper and oil and vinegar.

CrazyK
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
I cheat with Subway cause when I cheat I like to justify it a little by having a lot of protein in the meal. Triple Meat, Triple Cheese, Chicken Teriyaki, Toasted, Lettuce, Olives, Parmesan, Oregano, Salt+Pepper, and dripping with Southwest and Sweet Onion sauce. All on herbs and cheese bread, yum.

Beast
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Sweet Onion Chicken Teryaki has the most protein, so I'd go for that.
The one thing about Subway is that all of their meats have a crapload of sodium.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-23-2007, 09:48 PM
^^

That's because most of the meat is pre-packaged and loaded with sodium for preservation. :thumbup: Some of their subs have almost 2 grams of sodium and upwards of nearly 2,000 calories.

Australian
02-24-2007, 12:53 AM
We have them here in Australia, but I have never eaten from Subway. Just the fact that they think cookies and a soft drink are a complimentary addition to every meal means I walk past the place. On the other hand, BURGER KING RULES! (joke):micro:

mikesbytes
02-24-2007, 03:56 AM
When I went on a low fat diet in 2000, I put on weight cos the fat was replaced with sugar so I actually ate more calories.

Aussie, I'm interested in your vego sources for protein. Drop some recepies in whatever that sections called.

JimR
02-25-2007, 05:25 AM
subway club (turkey, ham, and roast beef) on honey oat with shredded cheddar, spinach, tomatoes, pickles, banana peppers, and bell peppers, with salt and pepper and oil and vinegar.

Thats the best choice at Subway. You can also get that as a wrap and cut down on the carbs a bit.

VikingWarlord
02-25-2007, 10:59 AM

That's what I do except I get double meat on wheat with provolone, and lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle with salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. It pwns.

D Breyer
02-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Chicken Teryaki double meat on wheat is my sandwich of choice... no veggies for me though.

teenathlete3030
02-28-2007, 05:48 AM
What I always get is one of my own specialty sandwiches since I work there. A footlong with double meat Club sandwich is something like 800 calories, and loaded with protein. If you want less carbs, the wraps are pretty good. Load them up with meat and veggies.

Stumprrp
02-28-2007, 07:22 AM
i just got a pastrami from there the other day with double cheese, hot, man it was good! but that pastrami wasnt very lean haha

one_man_gang
02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
how many calories approximately does a 12" roasted chicken sub have? i've always wondered this lol since i eat this a few times a week...
on wheat bread, with bbq sauce, mayo, honey mustard, southwest sauce (one strip of each sauce) lettuce, green peppers, onions, tomatos and cheese? i've gone to the site's nutritional facts b4 but i just end up getting confused, haha any1 wanna help me out?! :angel:

Mik
02-28-2007, 12:39 PM
http://i15.tinypic.com/48qc77a.jpg

:p

LMAO!!!!!!! Hillarious.

DaveG
03-01-2007, 04:48 PM
After reading this thread, I had to eat Subway for lunch... mmmmmmm. Here, all foot-longs are $3.99 on Thursdays! :cool:

MagnaSephiroth
03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Don't eat Subway. Its a load of crap.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-01-2007, 06:13 PM
What about it is a load of crap?

Slim Schaedle
03-01-2007, 06:15 PM

I managed to consume some of my mom's crap before I was born.

So yeah, having a good comparative sample, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.

DaveG
03-02-2007, 11:49 AM

That was real informative. In other news, I hear cars are a load of crap too.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I hear manure is also a load of crap.

FireRescue
03-02-2007, 03:09 PM
BURGER KING RULES!

IIRC I thought they were call Hungry Jacks in your part of the world? It has been 12 years since I was there last so could be wrong :)

Optimum08
03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
me new fav at subway (the only non-food service place we have on campus) is the sweet onion chicken teryaki. double meat obviously with spinach, tomatoes, pickles, banana peppers and salt and paper on honey oat bread.

1mmort4l
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM

Hahaahahaha, classic Scarz. I love your work... :french:

MagnaSephiroth
03-03-2007, 12:04 AM
What about it is a load of crap?

Extremely high in sodium, and the sandwiches don't taste as good as homemade ones. They also give you very little meat. Compared to the sandwiches I can make for cheaper and more nutritious, yeah...they are a load of crap :thumbup:

Sidior
03-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Im cutting, its 2:15 am and Im hungry as ****. I hate anyone that posted in this thread.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Extremely high in sodium, and the sandwiches don't taste as good as homemade ones. They also give you very little meat. Compared to the sandwiches I can make for cheaper and more nutritious, yeah...they are a load of crap :thumbup:Did you know sodium can actually be quite beneficial to muscles? Did you know the "badness" of sodium is highly overexaggerated?

mikesbytes
03-03-2007, 01:32 AM
You need sodium. You don't need excess sodium.