PDA

View Full Version : ?? Do chinese put enough meat in their food??

WilliamX
02-18-2002, 01:58 PM
How much protein is in chinese food? Can you give me a link to somewhere where they have chinese Nutritious Facts. I suspect there's not much protein in a serving.
Also I found a thread here from a year ago where you guys expess disrespect to chinese food. I like it it's cheap and tastes good.
Why is is bad?

Scooby-Doo
02-18-2002, 02:11 PM
I really like chinese food alot, so I would like to see the facts on this 2. Many people avoid it however because many of the dishes are high in fats and sugars.

CBates
02-18-2002, 02:12 PM
It depends on where you are eating or what you are eating. Some food has very little chicken or steak in it, and some is loaded in chicken and steak. Chinese food is also loaded in fat and some of the meals is loaded in carbs too.

syntekz
02-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Chinese buffet tastes so good though!

CBates
02-18-2002, 02:30 PM
Oh, I know, when I do cheat and eat Chinese food, I'll have about 10 plates.. Back when I stopped dieting and and working out a few years ago, I gained like 40 pounds eating chinese buffet once a week for like 7 or 8 months straight..

reso
02-18-2002, 02:36 PM
chinese buffet is SO GOOD,especially in florida 5.95 cant beat that price bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WilliamX
02-18-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by CBates
... I gained like 40 pounds eating chinese buffet once a week ..
what did you eat during the rest of your week? ;)

Yeah I know sweet is bad so I dont buy their sweet and sour stuff and other shiit like it.

Why is it fat?

And they put veggies in there too.

Scooby-Doo
02-18-2002, 02:49 PM
We'll many of the "American" chinese food is fried. And its so good you cant control the portions... ;)

CBates
02-18-2002, 02:57 PM
I ate somewhat clean during the rest of the week, but not as clean as I am now. The reason why it is fat is because the pour lots of oil in the food to cook it. Well, the Chinese food restaurant I worked at like 7 years ago did. Even the rice they poured tons of oil in there after steaming it and adding the yellow coloring to it.

reso
02-18-2002, 03:06 PM
damnit :/ i want some sesame chicken or orange chicken
<(SMACKS HIMSELF)>

Scooby-Doo
02-18-2002, 03:08 PM
I want some General Tso's :drooling:

Manipul8r
02-18-2002, 03:30 PM
i LOVE CHICKEN LO MEIN w/out veggies or garlic of course.. ;)

Scooby-Doo
02-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Ok, so we all LOVE chinese food. Now, does anyone have the stats that were originally asked for? ;)

reso
02-18-2002, 03:50 PM
orange chicken = 1000000000000000000000000fat grams,30protein,50carbs :P :P :P :P :P

plornive
02-18-2002, 03:53 PM
Your question really depends on what kind of Chinese food you're talking about. If you are referring to the typical Chinese buffet that has a mixture of sichuan and Peking dishes, then my answer is that you are eating grease, flour and syrup.

If you are referring to Cantonese food, then it's not so bad. Order a big steamed fish with ginger and scallions. That is perfect for a bodybuilder. Steaming retains most of the minerals and good stuff in food. Try some seafood hotpot. Stri-fried squid with veggies. If you order something like that, you will get plenty of protein.

However, don't order chicken or beef. You will get fatty meat with skin still on it (for chicken). Don't order peking duck. Don't go to dim sum (yum cha). Don't order anything that is "BBQ". Don't order braised tofu.

Your best bet is to order a small steamed fish, and have some rice, or just veggies with it. Xpensive, though...

Scooby-Doo
02-18-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by reso
orange chicken = 1000000000000000000000000fat grams,30protein,50carbs :P :P :P :P :P

Umm.. something tells me that isnt quite accurate... :rolleyes:

Good explanation plornine :thumbup:

Princess
02-18-2002, 04:30 PM
This makes me glad I don't like Chinese.

David
02-18-2002, 04:34 PM
hey Princess is it true that chinese eat dogs??

Princess
02-18-2002, 04:39 PM
lol, is this a trick question?......... I think it is.
I'm steering clear. vvrooooooooooooom..

Besides, how would I know???? I just said I didn't like Chinese........ it gives me a headache man

Tryska
02-18-2002, 04:59 PM
i feel pretty safe going with egg foo yung, hold the gravy.

all it is is an omelot with veggies and meat inside. or mongolian beef, or any of the other non-battered stuff.

kung pao is good too.

granted the sauces do have some hidden sugar and fat in them tho, so you gotta watch out for that.

Scooby-Doo
02-18-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
granted the sauces do have some hidden sugar and fat in them tho, so you gotta watch out for that.

true, but thats what makes it soooo gooood.... :drooling:

Tryska
02-18-2002, 05:26 PM
*lol* from now on it's the steamed veggie and tofu plate for you, mister. tuttut

Scooby-Doo
02-18-2002, 06:05 PM
yuck! :cry:

:idea: what if i put the steamed veggies and tofu in that sause??

WilliamX
02-18-2002, 06:13 PM
But I mostly eat white rice and none of that sugary sauces. like Garlic Sause or whatever they put on it - it's not sweet - there's no sugar in it. dont know about fat tho.
If not chinese food than what do I eat if I dont like to cook and dont have lots of money to spend?

Qea
02-18-2002, 06:45 PM
erm. I'm Chinese

But most of the food you mentioned here isn't really authentic chinese. It's the americanised version.

Personally i don't eat them cuz it's culturally offensive hahaha

But anyways, just for general info, real chinese dishes arent really loaded with sugar and oils.

Its generally low in protein too, especially those one-dish noodle stuff most Chinese eat.

Bam Bam
02-18-2002, 07:29 PM
ROYAL KING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if your in florida go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hung Lo
02-18-2002, 07:49 PM
dim sum:drooling:

Shane
02-18-2002, 11:42 PM
Qea,

I guess restaurant Chinese food to homemade Chinese food is kinda like a Big Mac compared to a homemade American burger?

Mmm.....Mongolian beef.....:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Jane
02-19-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Shane
Qea,

I guess restaurant Chinese food to homemade Chinese food is kinda like a Big Mac compared to a homemade American burger?

I'm not Chinese but I don't think so...americanized chinese is loaded with fat and sugar and is way more meat centered than authentic chinese. A big mac is just a slightly crappier version of a homemade burger.

WilliamX
02-19-2002, 09:23 AM
way crappier.
as for chinese
Jane do you read ankedot.ru?
I read this there
. Russian people went to china. they were doing busines with the chinese. then the chinese invited them to have dinner with them. Russians liked the food a lot.especially liked those little crunchy sticks. Said We're wondering what they're made of. The cook takes them in the back of the kitchen, there's this half rotten pig hanging from the ceiling with those white worms crawling all over. He puts a tub underneath it then takes a big log and hits the pig real hard a few times. The warms fall into the tub. Cook says thats all now we just deep fry them
:) :) funny shiit

WilliamX
02-19-2002, 09:24 AM
thats a real story

Qea
02-19-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Jane

I'm not Chinese but I don't think so...americanized chinese is loaded with fat and sugar and is way more meat centered than authentic chinese. A big mac is just a slightly crappier version of a homemade burger.

LOL

True, true.

Authentic chinese food, generally,

1. do not have fruity names
2. are not sweet and sour
3. do not always come with an side order of 'flied lice and spring loll'
4. are not named after fictitious military commanders

;)

Not to say _all_ Chinese food is healthy. Gotta also consider which province of China the food originated from (i.e. Szechuan, Shanghai, Beijing, etc) Each area has its own cooking style thats unique and individual in its own way.

Stir-frying originated from China, supposedly because the people were so frugal they had to device a way of cooking food without using much oil.

Jane
02-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by WilliamX

Jane do you read ankedot.ru?

I think you mean anekdot.ru since ankedot wouldnt make much sense now would it? :) and no, but I just checked it out. It's fookin hilarious, thanks for the tip. Although there are better stories than the worm one, thats not a personal fave thanks ;)

WilliamX
02-19-2002, 07:05 PM
Qea were you born here? if not did you eat worms in china?

Qea
02-20-2002, 12:44 AM
Dude, I've been scratching my head, even I'm having trouble coming up with a retort to a statement as stupid as that

no i wasn't born here

tell me more about brooklyn cuisine, cuz I don't think i've ever had ass before.

YatesNightBlade
02-20-2002, 02:35 AM
heh.

Play nice guys otherwise I'm gonna close this thread.

Qea
02-20-2002, 09:51 AM
hee.. all in good fun, Yaties

anyways, i dont take first bites.

:cool:

WilliamX
02-20-2002, 10:21 AM
;)

plornive
02-20-2002, 03:27 PM
What do you think of a bowl of noodles post-workout? I have heard that the soup dillutes the digestive enzymes? However, I always feel an insulin rush after eating some noodles.

Qea
02-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by plornive
What do you think of a bowl of noodles post-workout? I have heard that the soup dillutes the digestive enzymes? However, I always feel an insulin rush after eating some noodles.

You would, cuz noodles are nothing but carbs. 'cept for those yellow noodles, they put egg powder in them

I personally dislike eating solid food post-workout cuz my stomach's all crappy. :cry:

Liquid food gets digested and absorbed quicker anyways.

WilliamX
02-20-2002, 06:05 PM
recently I've been buying white rice to eat post-workout. It's 60 cents I eat it after I drink my glucose.