PDA

View Full Version : Sugarfree Pudding, Yum!!!!

IZich
02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
So I'm on a modified keto with <30g carbs a day.

Anyway, I'm at the grocery store and I see some Sugar-free Pudding from Jell-o.
Nutrition facts say:
60 Cals, 13g carbs, BUT the breakdown of carbs is:
<1g Dietary Fiber
0g Sugars
7g Sugar Alcohol

I looked up sugar alcohol (on wikipedia) and it says that it is an artificial sweetener which is partially inhibited in the small intestinal absobption. What does this mean? Does this mean that I only gain a net gram-mage (i know, not a word) of 4 or 5g or something? Help!

Also, what other sources of carbs can there be other than sugars and fiber? Starches? Thanks.

Scooter
02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about sugar-free pudding lol oh well.

I just wanted to suggesting adding a scoop of protein powder to your pudding. there's almost no taste difference (if you use the same flavors) and it's something different than the usual shake. That stuff was great when I was on my cut.

pepsihatman
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
All I can tell you is that sugar alcohols are not absorbed as readily as normal sugar. They have less caloric content per gram although I'm not sure what the exact number is. They tend not to spike the blood sugar levels like regular sugar, hence why a lot of diabetics eat sugar free food containing sugar alcohols.

Built
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Mmmmm.... fart-o-licious sugar alcohols ...

02-23-2007, 11:32 AM
2cal for sugar achool then so you have 7g sugar achool so that would equal 14 g carbs but then you have 1g dietart fiber which takes away form the 14g making it 13g of carbs

pepsihatman
02-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Mmmmm.... fart-o-licious sugar alcohols ...

Not to mention the runs if you eat too many...

IZich
02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
thanks guys.

wait 8.8 can you clarify what are you are saying about 2cals per sugar alcohol? How would 7g make 14g? wouldn't that make 14cals?