PDA

View Full Version : abs while bulking

DHSBigD03
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
im trying to lose the gut and some extra body fat in other areas of my body. however, football season is just around the corner and i still need to build strength and gain muscle. is it possible to get defined abs and loose body fat while still increasing weight on lifts such as bench,squat.... since eating alot is part of the bulking process?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-23-2007, 03:40 PM
You can increase strength through CNS adaptation while staying lean, but your strength gains will be greater on a bulk than while maintaining or on a cut. And I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your abs aren't going to go way. They will be right there waiting for you when you get back when you decide to cut again.

DHSBigD03
02-23-2007, 04:32 PM
i wont be able to cut untill next winter. and if i play college ball then il never be able to cut. im more worried about just loosing fat not so much getting washboard abs. is this possible?

02-23-2007, 04:43 PM
of course it is- what does your diet look like right now?

DHSBigD03
02-23-2007, 06:28 PM
i havn't been keeping the nitrition facts on the foods i eat but my diet normally consists of:

oatmeal/granola cerial/eggs for breakfast

ham and cheese sandwich, peanut butter sandwich, 2 of some type of fruit, yogurt, and pretzels for lunch

some type of meat (steak, chicken breast etc...), greens (a salad, or vegetables), and maybe some type of pasta

also i drink between 3/4 to a galon of water a day

Howard 9
02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Well that is not very good, but your lifts are still pretty damn good, read up some stickied diet threads around here.

02-23-2007, 07:38 PM
like howard said fix your diet you need more protein

thereality
02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
drink milk, milk good.:thumbup:
just make sure it isnt whole milk.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
What's wrong with whole milk?

Nosaj
02-24-2007, 10:40 PM
What's wrong with whole milk?

Fat free milk is way more effective calorie for calorie (in terms of protein). Plus it helps keep your cholesterol down from what I've heard. What would be the point of whole milk instead of just adding a couple of egg whites in while you drink the same amount of skim milk.