PDA

View Full Version : Project Reload

Devin
02-24-2007, 01:44 AM
So I started my trip to fitness world on 2/9/2007. After losing about 30-40 pounds and dropping down to about 268 I figured as well as weight loss it would be nice to be able to get in shape and change my lifestyle as a whole.

Today I started one of these journals, to track my progress as well as get input from everyone else.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 256.1. Groovy. Ive dropped another 12 pounds in 2 weeks. If that wasnt motivation enough putting on a pair of pants that fit properly a few weeks ago now are to big. Sexy.

Anyway my meals need refinement but im getting better each week, i really need to get better about tracking calories and such in fitday:

Meals:
Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 1 slice whole wheat bread, skim milk,Creatin mixed in a small glass of flavored water.
4 ETS, 2 Thermocin, 2 Multi-Vitamins, 1 fish Oil, 1 Biotin.

Snack: Nitrean mixed with water
Glugcosamine/Chondroitin/MSM - Triflex Chewable

Lunch: 42g Protein shake (Bananna & Strawberry)
2 Thermocin

Snack: Apple, Carrots

Dinner: Baked Chicken breast lightly seasoned, 1.5 cups of a corn/string bean/kidney bean mixture i made.

Workout

Snack: Nitrean mixed with skim milk, 4 ETS

Also managed to get a full 64 oz of water which is pretty good for me because I hate water, adding crystal light helps a lot.

Still kind of tweaking this, I got overwhelmed reading everything so I just kinda went with what seemed logical and hope for the best. Its a little weird getting used to all these pills and suppliments but I suppose over time ill get used to it.

Really trying to determine what the best time to eat everything is but like I said so far so good. Any suggested alterations to the above would be most certainly welcome.

I was told in another forum here about adding 50-60g of dextrose to the shakes would help, so i am going to give that a go.

Workout was as follows:
Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6 reps
Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6 reps
Barbell Curls : 2 x 6 reps
Bench Press : 3 x 7
Dumbbell Shrugs : 2 x 10

I also did some light ab routine with a medcine ball at my house afterwards.

All in all relativley productive day, this is kinda new to me. Ive worked out and dieted for years but ive gone about it all wrong.

Anyway these forums have a wealth of info that have donw wonders for my thoughts and preperation for this so I am more then grateful, hopefully I can refine a diet/workout that will get me to where I want to be.

Built
02-24-2007, 01:54 AM
Great start - best of luck in reaching your goals. :)

Devin
02-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks! Im relativley sure most of your writing is responsible for about 60% of my routine/diet!

Built
02-24-2007, 01:53 PM
That's good to hear. At it's core, the basic stuff (lift heavy for you, concentrate on heavy compounds, eat enough protein and fat, reduce calories to cut, increase 'em to bulk, don't rely too heavily on cardio) pretty much works for most people. The Pareto Principal, as applied to physical culture. My feeling is that once you get the vital 20% working, it's up to you to endlessly tweak the remaining 80%.

I just try to narrow the scope of the initial search.

Good luck!

Devin
02-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I can tell now my school/work schedule is going to make this difficult.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites, 1 egg. 2 pieces of whole wheat with light butter. Creatine mixed with OJ, 2 Thermocin, 1 fish Oil, 1 Biotin, Triflex Chewable. I had a Vitamin Water between breakfast and my workout.

Snack: Nitrean mixed with 10 oz. Skim milk

Workout

Lunch: Chicken Breast, Mixed Vegetables. 2 Thermocin

Snack: Nitrean mixed with 10 oz. Skim milk. 2 small pieces of spiral cut ham.

Dinner: Bowl of lettuce/baby carrots w/2 tbsp light dressing, tuna fish. 4 ETS pills.

Once again managed to get down 64 oz of water, I hate it but im glad I did it when im finished each time.

Judging by fitday this appears to put me at around:

Cals: 2397
Protein: 268
Carbs: 177
Fat: 70

This is about the ballpark I expected. I could probably do with cutting about 25-30g of carbs out.

Im a little sore, but overall it feels like im getting used to this routine. Today was another upper body day, I didnt post my last workout.

Workout:
Lateral Dumbbell Raise 2x 6
Front Dumbbell Raise 2x 6
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6 reps
Bench Press : 2 x 6 reps (150)
Skull Crushers 2x 7
Bench Press : 3 x 7
Dead lift : 3x 5
Dumbbell Shrugs : 2 x 10

Not to bad, I feel pretty good. Need to work on the diet a little more, Overall the cals and fat are where I aimed to be my carbs are a little high (was aiming around 150) and I dont know that it matters but my proteins where about 30-40g more then I was aiming for.

1 day at a time.

Devin
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
No workout today Mondays and Wednesdays are my off days. I did do a light ab workout as well as a morning jog. I tried to eat 6 meals today but just didnt have much time unfortunatley.

Breakfast: Opticen Shake w/Creatine.
2 Thermocin, 1 fish Oil, 1 Biotin, Tri-Flex Chewable.

Snack: Nitrean mixed with 10 oz skim milk

Snack: Peanut butter sandwhich (2 pieces whole wheat)
2 Thermocin

Dinner: Baked Chicken, Mixed Veggies

Snack: Nitrean/Creatine mixed with 10 oz skim milk
4 ETS

Cals: 2203
Fat: 46
Protein: 268
Carbs: 189

Still gotta work on this, my Cals are basically ok. Its off some in either direction every day but for the most part in the right ballpark.

Protein, Carbs continue to be a bit high.

Fat is low by about 20-30g.

Ill just have to better prepare I guess. I didnt realize a skinless baked chicken breast had 491 cals, 17 fat grams, 18 grams of carbs and 64 grams of protein.

Just try and do better tomorrow.

Devin
03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast - Oatmeal, 2 pieces of whole wheat
2 Thermocin, 1 fish Oil, 1 Biotin, Tri-Flex Chewable.

Snack: - Diced ham, salad/carrots

Snack: - Nitrean mixed with 10 oz skim milk
2 Thermocin

Workout

Dinner: Mixed Veggies, Nitrean mixed with 10 oz skim milk

Long day yesterday. Didnt feel to hot most the day so I didnt eat very well at all.

Workout:

Squat - 2x 7
Deadlift - 2x 7
Sitting Knee Extension - 2x 6
Hamstring kickback 2x 7
Sled - 2x 7

I dont know the name of it but I tried this machine that works your hip/groin area. 2 sets of 10. It sure felt like it worked well.