PDA

View Full Version : sciatica?

Y0yo
02-24-2007, 10:48 AM
I hate trying to diagnose myself online...but it makes me feel better. Anyways, a few days ago I was doing some deads (First time back at deads in about 1 month). I felt some uncomfortable pain in my lower back. I am sure I used proper form (And since it was about 1 month since doing deads I lowered the weight). Still, a few days later, I suddenly started to get a cramping feeling in my left leg and calf. At first, the hypochondriac in me thought 'blood clot' and all sorts of stuff. Anyways, I came on this and found that it matched my symptoms perfectly. Has anyone had this problem. I go to the neirologist Thursday. Hmmm...

http://www.spine-health.com/topics/cd/d_sciatica/sc01.html

RedSpikeyThing
02-24-2007, 12:47 PM
As far as I know, the pain associated with sciatica is not "cramping". It tends to be "sharp" or "burning".
Definately go to the doc if you are worried.

Y0yo
02-24-2007, 07:55 PM
As far as I know, the pain associated with sciatica is not "cramping". It tends to be "sharp" or "burning".
Definately go to the doc if you are worried.

Sorry, sharp pain is what it is. I'm not great at describing pain. To me pain is pain. Anyways, it feels as though there is a long line of pain from my ass to my toe. I'm not as worried now, and it seems that not being overly worried about it makes it easier to deal with. I'll go to the doctors anyways.