PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Dave Tate Westside Seminar.

Clifford Gillmore
02-24-2007, 06:33 PM
My form on everything sucks, hell I did my first 'correct' DE bench day (ballistic) and my JM presses fried me. I've now incorperated band push downs and GMs on my days off and I didn't get doms....

So, my point.. Its worth the money. Its a little one sided and loose in its explanations of why things came about into the way they are, but everything makes sense :)

betastas
02-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I got a question for you regarding the JM Press that they showed (I have the seminar too). It wasn't quite clear if you have your elbows flared (greater than 45 degrees, from your torso) or tucked (less than 45 degrees, from your torso). I've been practicing trying to get it right, but I just wanted to crosscheck with you since I assume by frying your arms you did them right.

Clifford Gillmore
02-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Tucked. If you flare your elbows your shoulders get involved in the press, that is the point of the press is to eliminate front delt involvement. Watch Louies form compared to Matt's, see how Louie doesn't roll back into it? That completely removed the delts from the motion.. Almost..

RhodeHouse
02-25-2007, 10:28 AM
The JM Press is just a variation on a Triceps Extension or Skull Crusher. EVERYONE that I've seen do them, does them differently. Just make sure your tri's get the work. That's all that matters.

Time+Patience
02-25-2007, 03:26 PM
I am not sure if my form was the best, but I used to feel a strain within my lower biceps on these, it was a few years back, but after that I never did them.

I don't know if anyone else ever had this problem. I don't know if I'd do them again, unless I had someone show me how 2 do them properly. Maybe I wouldn't feel a strain now?