PDA

View Full Version : peanuts!

one_man_gang
02-26-2007, 01:50 PM
wow i was just eating some, they have a *****load of fat in them, like 15g per 1/4 cup, so im guessing these shouldnt be eaten while cutting?

Unreal
02-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Nothing wrong with fat. Fat is great for cutting. As long as they fit in your caloric goals, go for it. Nuts are calorie dense though so this is normally hard.

one_man_gang
02-26-2007, 02:30 PM
so eating fat wont slow down the cutting process? how does that work

Unreal
02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
It is calories in vs calories out. Fat is good for hormone product and all sorts of body functions. As long as you are eating less calories then you burn in a day, you will lose weight.

Vapour Trails
02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Only problem is your don't get very much food volume from high fat sources when reducing calories (ie they don't fill your stomach).

Ritzol
02-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Only problem is your don't get very much food volume from high fat sources when reducing calories (ie they don't fill your stomach).

Just because you don't get a high food volume does not mean they don't fill your stomach. Fats are VERY filling, and have a great satiety factor. 2 Tbsp of peanut butter is not high volume, but very filling for most people.

getfit
02-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Just because you don't get a high food volume does not mean they don't fill your stomach. Fats are VERY filling, and have a great satiety factor. 2 Tbsp of peanut butter is not high volume, but very filling for most people.

agreed.Even a handful of walnuts are filling to me

ADT
02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
It sounds like the problem is the fat - not the peanuts.

Please read this article by Wanna Be Big member "Built" on the benefits of fat:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=284

Curious about peanuts? Read this thread - pay special attention to the last entry.
http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=87958&highlight=peanuts

The macronutrient fat doesn't necessarily make you "fat" unless it is associated with trans fat.

Fat doesn't make you "fat" - Consuming more calories than your body needs makes you "fat".

Best,
Andrew

Optimum08
02-27-2007, 05:28 AM
its all about cals in vs. cals out. fat does not make you fat, but excess cals (unhealthy) will.

Ritzol
02-27-2007, 05:58 AM
its all about cals in vs. cals out. fat does not make you fat, but excess cals (unhealthy) will.

Excess calories period will make you gain weight, it doesn't matter if it's healthy foods or unhealthy foods. All cho, pro, and fat have the same amount of calories/gram. It doesn't matter if those food sources are clean or empty calories. If you eat too many french fries you'll gain weight, if you eat too many sweet potatoes you'll gain weight.

Optimum08
02-27-2007, 08:11 AM
i was more mentioning that with unhealthy foods its much easier to exceed your caloric intake then with "healthier" foods, obviously no matter where the cals come from its always, always, always cals in vs. cals out.

Optimum08
02-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Using your example Ritzol, its much easier to exceed a said caloric limit with french fries then it is with sweet potatoes or broccoli or something of that sort.

RedSpikeyThing
02-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Using your example Ritzol, its much easier to exceed a said caloric limit with french fries then it is with sweet potatoes or broccoli or something of that sort.

That would have to do with the caloric density of the french fries - they are cooked in fat.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
wow i was just eating some, they have a *****load of fat in them, like 15g per 1/4 cup, so im guessing these shouldnt be eaten while cutting?Um...that's healthy fat. And fat doesn't make you fat. And fat is excellent on a cut, as it makes you feel more satiated (full).

pbaddict
02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
2 Tbsp of peanut butter is not high volume, but very filling for most people.

I'm definitely the exception. :p

Vapour Trails
02-28-2007, 02:49 PM

One of the culprits in the obesity epidemic is the abundance of calorie dense foods (ie high calories in a low volume of food). The stomach doesn't register calories but people respond to the sensation of fullness (increased stomach volume).

Who is satisfied by 2 TBSP of PB? If I were hungry and all I had was PB, I'd probably end up eating half the jar before I was satisfied, consuming several thousand calories in the process. Food volume counts. A 500 calorie meal of nuts will leave you feeling like you never ate.

Ritzol
02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
. A 500 calorie meal of nuts will leave you feeling like you never ate.

I disagree. To each his own

Rock Steady
02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
It sounds like the problem is the fat - not the peanuts.

Please read this article by Wanna Be Big member "Built" on the benefits of fat:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=284

Curious about peanuts? Read this thread - pay special attention to the last entry.
http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=87958&highlight=peanuts

The macronutrient fat doesn't necessarily make you "fat" unless it is associated with trans fat.

Fat doesn't make you "fat" - Consuming more calories than your body needs makes you "fat".

Best,
Andrew

I love this forum. Where else can you ask about peanuts and get a response from someone with Mr. F'ing Peanut as his avatar!? Oh hells yes.

Stumprrp
02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
everyone covered it but i dont see how you can get full from 2 tbps of PB, im speaking to everyone, sometimes i get out of hand and have about 6, lol.

MagnaSephiroth
02-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Once again we have fat is bad? confusion thanks to the stupid Subway commercials. I tell people I eat nuts and peanuts and show them the fat content and the go wow, thats more then a burger, I'm not eatting peanut butter anymore. I usually refuse to eat Subway due to them trying to capitalize on peoples ignorance at the expense of their well being.