PDA

View Full Version : what can I do?

tonydotigr
02-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi all, my first post!

Body: 190lbs, 6'1", lean

I've been struggling to put on "muscle" now probably for a couple years. My strength has stayed the same along with my weight. I'd like to put on about 10lbs of "muscle".

I take a protein shake every morning that comes out to around 50+ grams of protein and throughout the rest of the day usually take in another 100+. I realize part of my problem is not getting enough. What would be a good amount and how to you guys do it?

Currently I'm taking the Walmart brand protein with a double scoop and milk in the mornings. Then also usually a protein bar at night, and most of my meals I try to eat high protein. I've also noticed I'm tired after work all day and I'm sure this is also affecting my workouts. Is there anything I can do to raise my energy?

Any recommendations on brands, etc. I'm all open ears/eyes! :thumbup:

muscleup
02-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Simple. Eat More(.)<--period

If you want to grow, you gotta eat more. Track your calories. At 190lbs and 6'1, you should be consuming no less than 3500 cals per day if you want to gain mass. Probably closer to 4000-5000 depending on your motab and your training routine.

Unholy
02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree eat more mate. Eat more healthy fats, high fiber foods, healthy carbs. You should have protein with every meal but dont forget about all the other goodies you need in your diet. If you weight is staying the same. If you want to be 200lbs then you need to eat like someone that weighs 200 lbs, meaning if you have a faster metabolism you have to eat eat and then eat some more.

Cirino83
02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
^^^ what they said but as far as energy, you don't need supplements such as NOXPLODE. I would suggest starting small by having a cup of coffee, a redbull or caffeine tabs. Much cheaper and just as effective IMO.

tonydotigr
02-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Any supplements that you guys strongly recommend or currently take?

Cirino83
02-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Creatine and protein. All you need....plus a good diet.

.....well you don't need either one.

ianewilson
02-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Sometimes I get tired during the day if I am neglecting my water intake. I find that if I just drink a bottle of water then I start to feel more energized. Another big part of it is eating more smaller meals throughout the day.

Try green tea instead of Red Bull or coffee. It works great for me.

tonydotigr
03-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the input guys!

markdk86
03-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Screw suppliments. Eat real food, god damnit,