PDA

View Full Version : Mental Edge?

EDGEman
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
hey im having trouble staying focused while i lift like ill go for a bench nd i wont think at all or my cleans or ne lifts for that matter nd getting psyched up is hard for me so i was wondering if ne one had ne advice on how to get the mental part of it in like gettin jacked bout a lift or sumthin

RhodeHouse
02-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, if you can't focus on lifting big weights and getting PR's, you shouldn't be powerlifting. IMO. You don't need to get all jacked up and bang your head off stuff and make noise. It's a waste of energy. Just think about the lift you're performing and about the technique and then SFW! Lifting weights is not a big mental exertion. Keep your mind on the task at hand and don't go too crazy.

EDGEman
02-27-2007, 08:32 PM
ok that makes alot of sense im a lil new to the sport im do oly lifting not so much power lifting but i like it alot nd train for it but i always see these guys who r always jacked bout it like im gunna tear someones head off its good to no i aint gotta be like that but most of time im not thinking bout ne thing thanks for the nd seein that as much as i do its like should i be doin that too so thanks for helpin me out