PDA

View Full Version : A little direction for a fat guy

jmccown
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
OK guys, it has started. I'm on my path to being lean and trim once again. I am going to drop about 50 lbs. in the way of doing this. First of all, I want to do this healthy. I was reading that in order to do this successfully and cut at the same time one needs to be in a caloric deficit on a day/day basis. I would like to be there by the end of summer anyways. I am 27 years old and weigh 248 lbs, 5'10" tall. In high school I set school lifting records and won all sorts of fitness awards and such, but at around 200lbs then. I would say I carry my weight well now, honestly. A lot of people think I weigh about 220-230. My upper body still looks good. My arms are still huge, about 19.5". My chest is still massive, but needs toning badly. My shoulders have definition and still have the big veins that pop out whenever I slighly strain. But my problem is my stomach. The lower portion I need to rid of. On the upper part of my abs there is a hint of muscle there, lol. So, I have cut my calories WAY back and have been walking 2-3 miles a day. I am going to get back on the weights as well. But what routine would you guys suggest for someone looking to cut and lose the gut first? I would like to be sub 200 before I bulk up anymore. I have really been re-inspired by a lot of you guys and your transformations. Keep up the hard work!

BTW, I am also supplementing with Xenadrine to curve my appetite. Any comments on this supplement as part of my regimen?

jmccown
03-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Anyone?