PDA

View Full Version : Motocross

burko
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey,
I need a little help, i race motocross and i was lifting heavy weights but i have since been told that lifting heavy weights does nothing to help muscular endurance,which is what you need for motocross also i run about 4 times a week.

What i wanna know is is what is a good rep range for muscular endurance?

Portboy
03-01-2007, 06:50 AM
According to the hypertrophy primer, 12+ reps usually does muscle endurance - i'd go for about 20 reps.

But, i'm sure someone else has a better answer.

manowar669
03-01-2007, 07:23 AM
My co-worker races motocross, and is rather well ranked. Training CAN impair motocross performance, and some motocross racers even have surgery on their forearms to improve performance. The connective tissue around the muscular bundles in the forearm are cut open. This allows more room for the blood that engorges the forearms by cranking the throttle and gripping the bars. Blood engorged forearms put pressure on nerves and actually block some blood vessels in the forearms, hands fall asleep and fail to function. Big muscular forearms are much worse. Rock climbers also have this problem. Really muscular rock climbers? Don't see them.
Best training for motocross is .....motocross. Ride, ride often, ride relaxed. Tensing up while riding is bad, ride loose.

burko
03-02-2007, 05:41 AM
Thanks, so doing any sort of heavy weights is a no?

samj
04-01-2007, 04:42 AM
dont worry about tje heavy weights i do both and am fine infact it helps 8-10 reps.

mikesbytes
04-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Why don't you try "Pump" its cardio using weights, so may well help with muscular endurance.

Little John
04-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Listen to Mike. He has muscular endurance. If you don't believe me then read his journal (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=90279).

Angler
04-03-2007, 07:41 AM
More power to you. I canít handle it anymore. Iíll have to stick to my street rides. After a day of jumping I canít walk anymore.

Riding and practice sure sound like the best exercises to me. I know when I stop itís not easy going back. Well it is until the next day.

I would also think Squats should be a big help. Absorbing the shock after a jump and being able to stand on the pegs forever.

Stay vertical.

BigOldDad
04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey Burko- AMA D15 here. I lift heavy, have decent size forearms and damn straight I get armpump. But you know what, how many times have you cased a big double or overshot that triple going for it. I am confident my strength is what saves me from endoing over them bars or snapping my ankles. I use my strentgh to my advantage when I know I am going to land hard and grip that bike with my legs/thighs. You know what I mean!! Be strong my friend, it'll pay off for you.