PDA

View Full Version : Almonds and Walnuts

xlerate9
03-01-2007, 09:53 AM
I've found them both to be great for cutting. You can sit and munch on them for a snack, get some protein, some good fats, walnuts are a good source of omega 3. I like to pair them up with a tall glass of nice cold 1% milk in the evenings. It's great. They're also great for throwing in a ziploc back and munching on them at work.

Almonds have been shown to lower LDL cholesterol. They're antioxidents. They can actually block fat absorption into the intestines. They fill you up quickly, so you won't eat as much of something else, helping with weight loss. The list is a mile long. Check out www.almondsarein.com for more info.

Anyone else with me?

Mr. D
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Almonds are my fave, but when on a cut, watch out for the cals they can quickly add up. Now unless you have allocated eating 500 cals (about 2 big handfuls) to almonds, then you may stunt your fat loss.

MagnaSephiroth
03-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I just eat mixed nuts. Get a little bit of everything

Buzzsaw
03-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I eat a mound of almonds every day at my desk at work. They've got huge bags at Sam's Club for under $10.

xlerate9
03-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I eat a mound of almonds every day at my desk at work. They've got huge bags at Sam's Club for under $10.

Yup, that's where I get mine :D

getfit
03-02-2007, 09:05 AM
walnuts,almonds,cashews are my favs and i mix them up with cut dried fruit