PDA

View Full Version : Daily tuna intake

Frankster
03-21-2001, 05:00 PM
I Think i'll try to do this thing now, it will be fun to look at this in a couple of month to see progress. i was doing it last year and it really helps to give you a kick in the but... you know youll write it down so you kinda feel obligated to do good. Dont know why i stoped :(

Diet was good today... bulking up right now, gained ten pounds in a month and a half. weighted mysel at the gym.. 182... hope to be 190 in one month.

Meal one
cell tech
1 serv of oatmeal
1 meal replacement

Meal two
1 Tuna sandwich
1 meal replacement

Meal three
Two glasses of milk
1 serv rice
veggies
1 serv cold sliced beef
1 fajitas

Meal four
1 tuna sandwich
1 meal replacement

Training: back /triceps
Deads: max: 315x4
chins: max: 11 reps
Bent over rows: max 185x6+1 cheat

Lying ext: Max: personal record: 110x4
bench dips: max: 45 lbsx8
one arm over head ext: max 30lbsx5

post workout meal five

cell tech
meal replacement with 8 egg whites, flax seeed oil, and milk
2 serv chips--Hey Im bulking and its my journal...s o **** off!! :D

Meal six
small frozen dinner consisting of chicken, mashed potatoes an veggies (15 g protein)
Beef (i would say about 60 g worth)

Meal seven
1 serv oatmeal
flax seed oil
can of tuna
8 egg whites

Frankster
03-24-2001, 03:57 PM
Past two days was low eating days, didn't track food intake... very low protein.
Now that metabolism is slowed down again... its eating time :)
off day

Meal one
Cell Tech
CAn of tuna
Two serv oatmeal

Meal two
8 egg whites
1 meal replacement

Meal three
Beef
Potatoes
verggies

Meal four
8 egg whites
1 meal replacement
1 bananna

Meal five
Pasta
chicken breasts
glass of milk
2 tbl spoon flax seed oil

Meal six
Beef
Potatoes
veggies

Meal seven
Meal repalcement

Plus:
Chips
glass of milk
chicken breast
can of tuna

Frankster
04-04-2001, 09:38 AM
Didn't eat as much as i would like in the last couple of days. Since im writing this, i hope i will kick myself in the arse and eat more... my bulk up was going great.. haven't llost any weight though despite the lower eating. im still 184lbs, the plan is to get up to 190lbs, ive never been higher than what i am now. The gilfrend is starting to tease about the belly though :( Hey! im bulking alright!

today's eating until now:

8 egg whites mixed with a meal replacement

1 turkey sandwich
1 small chocolate milk
one apple

1 pita with chicken
1 lg choco milk
1 chip

its noon

Goal: to be 186 by saturday to go see sinep with a huge belly at the competition this saturday... very excited about that! its the first time i go see one * yey!*

Frankster
04-10-2001, 04:43 PM
Only starting eating ok, since yesterday, not like i said last time... this time im doin it! :mad:
My body weight is down to 179lbs :( damnit! lost 5 pounds! gotta be 190 by june first... an official goal.
Im dropping the Cel tech for a month... i cant even smell the stuff.. been taking it for 4 months.. seen good results, now i will only try to keep the strenght gained or continue to improve until next month.

today's eating was good

1 lg boal honey nut cheerios
1 steak

tuna sandwich

meal replacement

6'' turkey sub
1 apple
1 lg choco milk
1 nutrigrain bar

meal replacement

training

chest+shoulders

Bench
warm up: 135x12, 185x7
max: 240x3+1 spot

flies
warm up: 30 lbs dbx12
max: 40 lbs db x 8
last stretch set: 30 lbs x 10

seated shoulder press
warm up: 40x10
max: 60x8

lateral raises
warm up: 25x12
2 sets: 30 x 10

clean and press
3 sets: 95x8, 95x6, 95x5

meal repalcement in pinnapple juice
+30 g soy protein
1 bananna

chicken with potatoes

their will prob be an 8th-eating the 7th right now, still 2 hours before bedtime.. probably will be toasts with pb, honey, bananna, protein powder and butter

Frankster
04-13-2001, 08:36 AM
Diet has been good like i said last time :)

Trained legs yesterday

squats:
135x12, 225x8, 275x7, 335x3
leg press:
4 platesx12, 6 platesx6, 7 platesx3
leg curl:
55lbsx12, 80x6, 80x4
standing calf raises:
1 plate on smith machinex12, 2 platesx10, 2 plates+25x8

plus: my gf gave me kinder suprises for easter and i got this cool airplane wouhou! :D

Frankster
04-16-2001, 06:11 PM
Damit! already starting to lose strenght from stoping the Cell Tech :mad: Ive been upping my calories in hopes to keep the strenght and weight gains i had with it. I think i might start again in one week and a half- two weeks.
Trained Chest and shoulders today... Bench was 245x2! :( i did 4 last week :( :( damit! need creatine!
Doing shoulders after chest is pretty damn hard cause the shoulders and triceps are already tired. I going up in reps on shoulder press each week on this routine though (3rd week on the routine), im only doing the 60's on shoulder press but my reps are going up each week.. did 7 this week. ( im doing, for shoulders: db press, side laterals, shrugs, clean 'n press.)... ( for chest i only did bench and flys (40's db's)

Im gonna reach that damn 190lbs by june first no mather what!! :mad:

Frankster
04-23-2001, 07:06 PM
Bulking is fun :D its going alright, gained two pounds, since last update ( i have a belly now@ 186 lbs :) )
And i didn't even start back the Cell Tech mwehehehe.
I'm starting the Cell Tech back next monday. At the rate im going, i'll blast past that goal of reaching 190 lbs way before hand ( goal is to : reach 190 lbs by june first 2001) I' m at my heaviest i've ever been right now, the heaviest i had reach in the past was 184.
Trained legs today good workout

Squats: 225x10, 275x10, 335x 3 ( stuck at three since last week, gonna stay here till i reach at least 7 reps) 315x4... in between 1 set leg extension, kinda like cack suggested to prefatigue the quads because my butt is gettin large :( and one last set of squats after: 225x16... definately felt the quads! :eek:

leg curl:
55x12
85x6
85x4

seated calf raises
45x12
70x9
70x8

diet for the day:
shake with OJ and flax seed oil and a bananna

apple
big choco milk
turkey sandwich

Pita bread wrap ( turkey again )
Big choco milk
small chip

orange
egg sandwich
small choco milk
small piece of cheese

shake with OJ and a banana

Huge steak
Chips
Oatmeal

not eaten yet :p

Frankster
04-24-2001, 07:17 PM
Damn journal, i guess I have to be honnest with you :mad:
Today was a sucky day! happy? hehe

off day ( thank god! my legs are sore as hell)

I just ate three meal

Muffin OJ

Mcdonalds

Chips, 2 cans tuna, graham cacker, mayo and pickles

Oh woupie dou, what i diet, going like this i sure will reach my goal of hitting the big 190 by june, except that there wont be a one in front!

As i'm a positive person, i will take this day as a day to serve a slowing the metabolism down day

Tomorow is eating again! no more bull**** tuttut

I prepare lots a meals..... Chicken, rice, potatoes, Beef Roast, and protein bars (sort of, i will see tomorow how they will taste, they should have 40 g each of protein with lots of good fats and carbs....Basically it was : (Peanut butter, Soya protein, milk, honney, whole oats, crused dryed banannas and coffee and jelly inb the middle)

Frankster
05-07-2001, 05:14 PM
Bulking is going ok although ive lost five pounds in the last 4 days, i slacked eating, i find my body responds better when i bulk for like a week-week and a half, then slow down a little bit for a couple of days, i think it slows down my metabolism again, so i gain more once i start eating again. before slowing down, i reached a peek of 192 lbs, already pas tmy goal of 190 for june first :), im now 187, starting to eat again tomorow, should be around 193-194 by sunday.

Today was leg day. It was not bad, although im stuck at the same squat weight for a month, ah well, can't always add weight i guess.

Squats:
warm up ( barx12, 135x10, 225x9)
275x8
335x3
leg extension: 100x12
squat: 225x12

leg curls:
warm up (40x12)
70x8
85x5

Standing calf raises
warm up (bwx12)
on smith machine ( 1-45'sx12)
2-45's x 8
2-45's+25's x 5

Might as well wright this in here too: I'm starting to seriously think about using gear, i was going to wait t'ill i am 22 , in two years but.... someone made me realize... why? I couldn't really answer anything intelligent ... like .. i want to get to know my body, i want to learn how to train properly, etc. so im starting to wonder if now is not the time. So im starting to educate myself on the subject, and depending on the time i have to invest in studying, i might start in 3-6 months.
I think it would be a godd time, ive done good progress since I started, 3 1/2 years ago, i was 124@5'6''@apx 10 % bf, im now 190 ( apx ) @ 5'7'' @ apx 18% bf.
Ive studied nutrition pretty much, i consider my self pretty knowlegeble in nutrition, supplementation and training science.
After a while being natural is very hard, recuparating takes longer, cause oyu have to lift heavier and heavier, so you have to eat more to cut recuparation time, but theres a limit in eating. I feel gear would be a nice tool to help me recuperate :D

Frankster
05-13-2001, 08:29 AM
Im taking a week off, wrist starts to hurt again, biceps is ****ed up, i think theres something wrong with the insertion. I need a break, been training heavy for too long now, its starting to have negative effects.

Im 190, will try and set goals and plan this week. Im going to stay at 190 for this week.

Strenght is starting to g down, so its time for a break.

My fix of taking steroids is over, i'll stick to my original plan. I would like to compete once natural before going on the juice, if i see that i look good enough.

Frankster
05-28-2001, 07:47 AM
WEll, im back after a much needed break. Diet wasn't really good latelly.. i droped 5 pounds.. im 185 now.
Im trying to go higher reps for a while now... its friggin though.. i feel like im gonna puke all the time and i have zero enery..im dead after the first exercise. Im gonna up my training days as well.. to 4-5 days a week.

overall..its not going too well... but hopefully i'll get used again to higher reps and more frequent training. I feel that my body has got too used to just trainng 3 days a week and takes too long to recuperate. Also it seems that its just used to push hard for 2-5 reps then stop. higher reps will also serve as a little cardio.

Frankster
06-04-2001, 08:43 AM
getting back in the hang of higher reps and frequent training. its going not bad, been kicking myself in the ass ass couple of days in regards of diet,.

there will not be anymore slacking! tuttut

Sinep
06-04-2001, 08:48 AM
Yeah me too, I feel like I need some conditioning.. after I hit the 200 I will try to get in better shape

heathj
06-04-2001, 11:10 AM
It's going not bad? Hmm... ;)

Frankster
06-04-2001, 03:41 PM
STFU you friggin english square head :p

Anthony
06-04-2001, 04:12 PM
I really don't understand the square head insult ... maybe it loses something in the translation?

Frankster
06-04-2001, 06:41 PM
nah, thats just how we call you down here.. dont really understand why eighter... its just i didnt want to say something to mean... but since you insist!.....
nah i just cant .. im too nice.

heathj
06-04-2001, 07:07 PM
damn blokes.

Frankster
06-10-2001, 09:35 PM
diet sucks... training ain't bad.. bw is pretty stable... 186... still gotta kick myself in the arse and do it! grrr... will someone kik me in the arse real hard please.

Maki Riddington
06-10-2001, 09:48 PM
Maki puts his foot up Frankstar's azz.

Frankster
06-11-2001, 09:26 AM
why thank you

Frankster
08-09-2001, 05:59 AM
update: I suck

I almost didn't train at all in the last 2 months.. I've lost 15 pounds... diet sucks.. just getting back into it

Franco
10-17-2001, 11:09 AM
How is the diet and training at present?

vox
10-17-2001, 11:38 AM
Franko you better be gettin' your a$$ in the gym! Are you still training regularly?

Frankster
11-03-2001, 10:00 PM
hehehe.. ummmm.... *runs in corner to hide*

Trying to get back into it.

vox
11-04-2001, 09:44 AM
Try hardertuttut

Frankster
11-04-2001, 10:24 AM
ok :hide:

Frankster
01-08-2002, 01:20 PM
well, been at it for a good month now, things are going good, I'm getting my old strenght back which is a good sign. I'm bulking, but doing it on the long term now, not gonna gain like 20 lbs in a month, that is too much, and most of it is water and fat anyways.

Frankster
01-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Things are going as planned, strenght is always going up little by litlle, same as weight. My plan now is not to gain more than a pound or two per month... gradual bulk up.

Reinier
01-30-2002, 01:25 AM
just how much tuna do you eat?

cuz wasn`t there a discussion on tuna containing heavy metals and not being suited for eating too much of it

Frankster
01-30-2002, 05:50 AM
hehe, I don't eat that much, 1 can, two cans, sometimes up to three, nothing serious.

Frankster
01-30-2002, 05:37 PM
Just tought I might record this here, I'm weaker on my bench if I wait more than 5 days to bench again, seems I have to bench every 5 days.:scratch:

Frankster
02-02-2002, 01:47 PM
:eek: I'm starting to like squats. I squatted today and I went to absolute faillure, on my last rep, I actually started to see black spots an almost barfed, it took me like 10 seconds to get up again. After that I felt Nauseated for 45 mins. OOOOhhh, how it feels good.

:evillaugh

Frankster
02-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Ok, maybe I should update this once in a while :p (at least every 3 years like I'm doing now lol)
Started using Fit Day More frequently
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Franksteroo
Diet is nothing fancy... aiming for isocaloric diet.
Recently started doing cardio couple of time per week as I've reached the end of my bulk at around 212 lbs for now and next couple of months is geared more towards cutting, although nothing crazy as to keep as much muscle as possible. There is no calorie cuts for now, just cardio added... and eventually will clean up diet further before... lastly cuttin calories little by little until desired bf.. then BULK again :D .
My focus is on growing arms for now and they are stuck at 17.25" for a while and that's the biggest they've been and it seems my body really doesn't want to make them grow further so I am trying a little trick to see if it'll work.
I am training them less frequently and will try to do a little less volume but heavier weights and also slighlty reduce my calories the day before the arm training and on the day of the arm training jack WAY up my calories and protein to *try* and force a little arm growth.
Keeping track of the diet and a training journal on fitday.

Anthony
02-22-2005, 05:58 AM
Holy ****, I didn't know you hit 212!! Nice work Franco! Are you heavier than Marc now?

Edit: What's your body fat? :p

Frankster
02-22-2005, 07:32 AM
yeah.. course that's what I'm working on the bodyfat hehe

Frankster
02-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Man... today is arm day.. so yesterday I ate only 2,500 calories... I thought I was gonna die lol... I'm glad I'm not dieting :D. Ate 2 chicken breasts before bed almost ate my hand with them, the disapeared in a matter of seconds. Was shaking and felt light headed all day... need the food. Today is 5,000-5,500 calories, we'll see in a few days if all this did the arms any good.
I got about 1,300 calories in so far at 12:15 pm
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Franksteroo

Anthony
02-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Where did you come up with the idea to reduce the day before and then jack them up?

Frankster
02-24-2005, 09:23 AM
:alcoholic in my head lol
just makes sense to me to add to the "shock" factor.. trick my body in thinking I'm dieting so maybe it slows the metabolilsm a bit.

Focused70
02-24-2005, 11:08 AM
http://img54.exs.cx/img54/8162/tuna1tg.jpg
Thought you might like some *fresh* tuna spam. :p

Stash

Frankster
02-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Thought you might like some *fresh* tuna spam. :p

Stash

:drooling:

well the arm workout went very well.. ended up doing pretty high volume contrary to what I planned... cause well.. I felt like it :) still went heavy on all of them. Will give them plenty of rest and food now and see what the next few days brings. To the ones who will read this... please help help me pray to the gods of bodybuilding for minimum of 1/16"

Frankster
02-24-2005, 09:03 PM
6,000 calories and 450 g protein :burger: . I better wake up with a 1/16" on my arms tomrow :swear:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Franksteroo&Year=2005&Month=1&Day=24

Frankster
02-28-2005, 05:51 PM
I woke up the next morning with a little more than 1/16th, they were just shy of 17.5", howver they shrunk back to 17.25 :(, hopefully now that they've been 17.5 I can get them to stay 17.5 with the next few workouts.
I'm taking a week off as it's been a solid 3-4 months of heavy lifting. Starting to have pain in the wrists and other little signs for the last 2 weeks that my body needs the rest. Nutrition will be good so hopefully I will come back next week stronger and better :D

Anthony
02-28-2005, 06:23 PM
17.5", eh? I'm gunning for 18"! I wish! Actually, I think taking a few months off would be a good idea for you. Only do cardio, cut back on your calories, drop down to 150ish. It's not right that you are bigger than Marc and I. :D

Frankster
02-28-2005, 09:11 PM

getfit
03-01-2005, 01:40 AM
I woke up the next morning with a little more than 1/16th, they were just shy of 17.5", howver they shrunk back to 17.25 :(, hopefully now that they've been 17.5 I can get them to stay 17.5 with the next few workouts.
I'm taking a week off as it's been a solid 3-4 months of heavy lifting. Starting to have pain in the wrists and other little signs for the last 2 weeks that my body needs the rest. Nutrition will be good so hopefully I will come back next week stronger and better :D
no time off for you Frankster! get your A$$ BACK IN THE GYM! :whip:

Frankster
03-01-2005, 07:30 AM
no time off for you Frankster! get your A$$ BACK IN THE GYM! :whip:

maybe you should be taking a break to so you poundages goes up instead of down. don't start a war in here
:shoot:

Frankster
03-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Break week is over, did chest yesterday and shoulders today.
Wrists feel pretty good but I've decided to go higher reps for a while.
I did alot of cardio during my week off, I'm 209-210 now, down 2-3 lbs... I don't plan on loosing anymore weight for a little while (hopefully).
Arms are down to 17 1/8th... the first place I seem to loose are on the arms sucks... though I think I can bring them back now that the week off is over :p
Starting today I've decided to go to the next step of my cutting plan and clean the diet. Diet will pretty much consists of the following in general:
sweet potatoes
potatoes
brown/wild rice
Oats
LOTS of fish (salmon and other fishies :) )
chicken boobies
Eggs
Whey Protein
Natural PB
Olive Oil
fruits
veggies

Not dropping the calories yet, one thing at a time :)

Frankster
03-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Off day today
Did 1 hour of cardio (20 mins stairmaster, 20 mins treadmill, 20 mins xtrainer)
My shoulder workout of yesterday ended up being awesome... I'm usually NEVER sore with the shoulders, it's prob the only musle that's not sore, all the other are sore for like a week. I did some different exercises, here they are:

Front BB shoulder press
warm up with bar
135x12
135x9
135x8

Low pully rows to neck (little more inclined to target the rear delts) They were AWESOME
55lbs x 15
85lbs x 12
85 x 10, dropped weight to 55lbsx 10

Front DB raises on inclined bench (these were suprisingly good.. specialy for the stretch your able to acheive at the bottom, very nice)
15 lbs x 15
15 lbs x 12
15 lbs x 12

Rear delt flys on incline bench

15lbs x 12 x 3 sets

Cable Side laterals
didn't count reps basically did 30 lbs for as many reps as possible, then dropped to 20 lbs, then 10lbs for 3 sets.

I'm going higher reps to give my joints, specially my wrists a break as I've been training heavy (2-6 reps) for the past 3-4 months. Weights were light this workout cause the exercises were new, but i worked I guess... very sore today.

Frankster
03-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Legs day

Squats
warmup 155x10, 225x7
315 x 10
(felt like the legs could have taken much more, but conditioning isn't up to par, will take a few workouts to get accustomed to the higher reps)
315 x 6
225 x 20
got to love those 20 reppers, but may they burn in hell. Kinda cool to see little stars though.

Smith machine lunges
(haven't done lunges in ages, they're nice for the contraction at the end of the rep)
115 x 15
135 x 12
155 x 11

One Leg Seated ham curl on low pully
(Not sure what to call this exercise, I just kinda invented it since we don't have a seated hamstring curl machine, I hooked up those things that go on the ankle that you hook up to a low pully that the ladies usually use for butt and hip training. Sat on a bench and pulled towards me from the low pully, pretty much the same motion as a seated curl. They worked VERY well.. haven't felt the hams like this in a while, I really could concentrate on a good contraction on each rep.)
55 lbs x 15
85 x 12
85 x 12

lying hamnstring curls
70x 15
85 x 12
85 x 12

Seated calf raise
45 x 15
90 x 15
90 x 12
45 x 100 reps (paused every "x" number of reps just long enough for lactic acid buildup to go away)

Overall was a good workout, I am hoping to get to at least 15 reps soon on 315 squats before going up again. 20 reppers with 315 with be great :). It's kinda fun at my gym because it doesn't take much to impress people because it's mostly a "fitness" type gym and I got one guy who stopped what he was doing to look at me do 315 :scratch: and a few other people were watching me doing them... too bad I'm doing higher reps :clown:

Diet is doing better now that I'm getting used to the cleaner diet although stomach is a little upset. It's hard to eat as many calories, but only from clean sources, thankfully I found this good tasting shake that only takes 1 glass and has 1,000 clean calories :D
8 oz soy milk
3 tablespoon PB
1/4 cup lecithin
1/2 cup oats
2 scoop vanilla whey protein
I can add some different flavor extracts to add variety.

Focused70
03-10-2005, 01:34 PM
That's a lot of tuna...er, I mean volume, Tuna.

Stash

Anthony
03-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Nice squatting bro!

Frankster
03-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Tony: Thanks man :) I'm not really satisfied though, I'll be satisfied at 15+ reps

Soba: I don't think it's that much per muscle, it's just that I'm hitting the quads, hams and calves all in the same workout.

Frankster
03-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Day off, legs are too sore to do cardio so I did a good abs workout

3x15 leg raises
3x12 weighted seated ab crunch on high pully
3x12 weighted knee-ups on low pully
3x12 standing oblique crunch on high pully
3x12 hanging leg raises
2x10 crunches

Saint Patrick
03-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Nice leg day. Gotta love those calf raises.

Frankster
03-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks St Pat.

Chest Day Today
Last 2 days sucked... felt sick on back day 2 days ago and didn't have a good workout at all, should have stayed home. Didn't eat much at all.
Yesterday was my B-day so I did a cheat day to accomodate the cake :D
Felt good today though and diet is back on track.

Flat BB bench

warmup with bar
135 x15
225 x 10 ( 2 inches from getting 11! :( :( ) At least it's one rep more than last week.
225 x 7
225 x 5
135 x 15 slow hard contraction reps

incline BB bench (didn't have much energy for these left)
135 x 8
185 x 7
225 x 1
185 x 6
185 x 5
135 x 8

one arm peck deck
55 x 15
70 x 15
85 x 12
85 x 12
55 x 8

Frankster
03-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Energy is back and workouts are getting more fun as I'm getting used to higher reps.

Arm workout

EZ bar curls alternated with ---EZ bar skull crushers
warmup w bar --- warm up w bar
25 ps x 15 --- 25 ps x 15
35 ps x 12 --- 35 ps x 12
45 ps x 8 --- 45 ps x 10
35 ps x 9 --- 35 ps x 10

dumbell curls on the reverse of preacher curls bench --- over head cable extensions elbows resting on bench

30 lbs x 12 --- 80 lbs x 15
30lbs x 10 --- 100 lbs x 15
30 lbs x 8 --- 120 lbs x 12
30lbs x 7 --- 120 lbs x 12

zottman curls --- one arm over head extensions
(first time trying these)
20 lbs x15 --- 30 lbs x 15
20 lbs x 15 --- 30 lbs x 12
25 lbs x 15 --- 30 lbs x 8

Frankster
03-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Cardio Day
20 mins bike
20 mins stairmaster
20 mins xtrainer
~750 cal burned acc to machines

Frankster
03-17-2005, 09:03 AM
Diet was way off yesterday, trying to re-adjust my sleep partern to get to bed earlier and it made me miss a meal or two. Back on track today damnit!
so far did some abs (hanging leg raises, weighted knee-ups, seated weighted crunches, weighted side bends) and 16 mins HIIT on stairmaster this morning... perhaps fit a shoulder workout later, will edit this if I do.

EDIT:
Decided to do a workout but did back instead of shoulders cause triceps are still sore from arms day.

T-Bar rows (couting the machine as 45 lbs.. I think that's about right)
90 x 15 (warm up)
135 x 12 (warm up)
180 x 12
225 x 9
225 x 8
180 x 10

One-arm pull downs
(first time doing these. They're nice... able to acheive a greate ROM than on regular pulldowns and the contraction at the end is wicked, can really feal the lat on this one.. they gave me an awesome pump in the back which is rare for me)
55 lbs x 15
70 x 15
70 x 12
70 x 8

Bent Over rows on Smith machine
135 x 15
225 x 12
225 x 10
225 x 9

Middle back shrugs on incline bench
(first time trying these.. didn't like them very much felt ackward and didn't seem to do much of anything. Can never tell 100% until the next morning though, we'll see if the middle back is sore)
35 lbs x 15
35 x 12
35 x 12

Blabbering:
Although I haven't written cardio alot of the times in this journal, I often do cardio first thing when I get up then the workout in the afternoon.
I feel like I'm living like a pro bodybuilder without the genes or drugs or money :P
It's hard, takes extra E/C to get going alot of the times. Hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end. On another note, I thought I'd get used to the diet, but 90% of the time I have an upset stomach and feel like puking all day long which obviously makes it hard to get the calories in. I think I might have found the problem though, when I was younger I went for an allergy test and it revealed I was allergic to... well almost every thing on this earth... but allergic mostly to all kinds of nuts. I've been eating alot of almonds, almond butter and peanut butter latelly... I think this may be the reason, I'll try to illiminate them and see what this does for the stomach. :fart:

Frankster
03-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Off day today. Decided to have a cheat meal as my meal no.1 this morning cause my gf was paying for it and it was too hard to resist :D it wasn't too bad though, only thing that would be really cheating in that meal was a doughnut and some bread and margarine but it was multi grain.
I received some Nitrean, ETS and Thermocin today... oh yeah Baby.. going all out! :D
Can't wait to see if the ETS will help my wrists and my sleep and of course DOMS.
The Vanilla Nitrean tasted and smelled very nice.
The thermocin will be a nice addition too, can't have too many tools in this dreadfull cutting.

getfit
03-18-2005, 03:36 PM
not to shabby tunaman! ;)

Frankster
03-18-2005, 04:18 PM
thanks GF, cutting sucks, can't wait to bulk again and lift heavier :strong:

Miss Rezza
03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Nice work in here Frankster! You've definately got some serious dedication goin' on!!

Oh, and i totally hear ya on the nuts.... my tummy doesnt handle them too well either tuttut

Frankster
03-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks Miss. I def feel better today, not sure if it's the nuts yet, we'll see in the following days I guess. Too bad though, I loved them for their easy and good calories.

Frankster
03-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Morning:
1 hour walk outside
stomach feels good this morning, I think I may just have found that nuts are not for me.

Prob will do a workout in an hour, will update this if I do.

Edit: Went for a shoulder workout and started talking with a guy that used to train and competed (pretty big, 28" legs, 19" arms)... nways... when we were finsihed there was only 15 mins left b4 gym closed.

seated shoulder press
40 lbs x 15
60x8
80x5
60x10

side laterals
30 lbs x 15
30 x 12
30 x 12

inclined front DB raises
3 sets x 20lbs x 12

Sinep
03-19-2005, 10:42 PM
225 x 10 ( 2 inches from getting 11! :( :( ) At least it's one rep more than last week.

I hate to be the party pooper, but I think it was 225x9, 2 inches from getting 10. I made the count when spotting you.

Considering your "cutting diet" has about 2500 calories more than my cutting diet, I'd suggest a scoop full of stfu regarding your diet sucking. :p

By the way, late :birthday:

Frankster
03-20-2005, 09:49 AM
:swear:
Now you got me wondering if I counted wrong. WTF ever! We're just gonna say that bcause of your annorexic diet and lack of carbs, your brain stopped working for a rep and that's how you missed my 10th rep.
:moon:

Frankster
03-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Today cardio day
16 mins stepper (1500 steps)
15 mins bike

Frankster
03-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Decided to do a little chest today.
My wrists and elbows were really hurting today, hopefully the ETS will help this as it's really annoying to train with these.
The guy spotting me was one of those that puts his hands on the bar as soon as you start to slow down on the reps.. really trew me off... god I hate that... didn't say anything to him cause he's a nice guy and I guess he thought that's what I wanted.

Flat BB bench
225 x 8 to 10 (not sure cause of his crappy spots)
225 x 7-10
225 x 4 immediately to
135 x 10

cable cross overs
40 x 15
50 x 15

incline smith machine press
135 x 20
135 x 14

For Cardio:
Breaking and shoveling ice/slush/snow/ **** out of the driveway for an hour.

Anthony
03-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Your wrists hurt because you are losing too much water. :p I think the ETS should help, let me know how it goes.

Frankster
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Yes, damn that water to hell.

Sinep
03-21-2005, 06:34 PM
I was watching do your set from the cardio room and I knew what you were thinking when he puts his hand on the bar at 7-8 when you still had a couple of reps in you.

Frankster
03-21-2005, 07:00 PM
yeah, not fun... in the past I just sorta said don't put your hands on it...but it's hard to say that whitout sounding like a jerk when you're pushing hard to get the bar up... it sounds like DON't PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE BAR!!!! lol.. oh well, I'll know not to ask him again.

Frankster
03-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Man, I don't know what to do anymore, I didn't want to reduce my calories, but for the last week or so, I've had trouble taking in more than 3,000 calories of this healty food. Milk, breads and other stuff like nuts used to make quite of bit of my calories. I could increase the carbs a bit I think by eating more potatoes/rice. I'm just sick of things like oatmeal, Fish(salmon, trout, tuna, etc), eggs, plain protein shakes without fruit juice or milk :(, sweet potatoes etc etc. I would actually like it if I only had to eat like 1,000 calories of this :p
It was much easier when I could eat the nuts, I could get 1,000 cal a day just with the nuts.
I'm thinking maybe go and get some meal replacements and get some more liquid calories in like that but that's gonna be some more $$ and it's expensive enough as it is to eat healty like that.
Another thing is maybe bump the protein from 300 g to 400 g.
Another thing I'm contemplating is shoot for a total calorie intake for the week instead of daily. If I get a cheat day in per week... I could make up for some lost calories this way.
Bah if anyone understand what I'm trying to do and have any suggestions, go ahead :(

Frankster
03-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Abs
3 sets each of 12-15
hanging leg raises
cable crunches
weighted cable knee-ups
Db side bends

2 sets of 15 crunches

12 mins HIIT on xtrainer

Frankster
03-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Decided to try and do legs on an empty stomach today. Whew, that's something.
I had some snow shoveling to do this morning.. damn snow when is it gonna stop. So I didn't do any cardio.

Squats (I had someone looking at me doing them and he said I was going low, alot lower than him, so that's encouraging, I was always wondering how my squats looked.)
bar x 15
135 x 14
225 x 8
315 x 9 ( :( 1 fewer than last week boo hoo... and sure did want that 10th rep, but felt like stopping at 5, stars flying everywhere. Maybe legs on empty stomach wasn't such a good idea :p )
315 x 7
225 x 17 (wanted 20 like last time :( )

seated calf raises
50 lbs x 15
95 x 12
95 x 12
95 x 11
50 x 100 (rest a few secs between "x" number of reps for lactic acid buildup to go away)

One leg seated leg curl
45 x 15
60 x 15
60 x 15
80 x 10

Overall it was ok, I would have liked to improve on the reps but considering everything I think it was a good workout.

I managed to get in 3,700 calories yesterday. I think I am gonna shoot for 3,300-3,700. I didn't want to reduce calories yet, but it looks like it's gonna be this way. even at 3,700 I feel like I'm eating all day long witht this non-processed foods stuff.

Sinep
03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Why did you want to do legs on an empty stomach? You need em carbs to fuel you up. If you can maybe try to do your arms next and I'll do my legs so we can start again together.

Frankster
03-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah, arms are next. It wasn't that bad, lots of people train on an empty stomach, it just takes some getting used to. I figure if cardio is good for fat loss on an empty stomach, then training on an empty stomach should be better for fat loss than not on an empty stomach.

Franco
03-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Are you still lean these days Franco?

Frankster
03-23-2005, 04:38 PM
No, about 15-16% I'd say. My goal is to get below 10% by end of june. I've been at it since beginning of January. My plan is:
1st phase--- add cardio only, no reduction in calories
2nd phase --- continue cardio, clean up diet (no breads, milk or any process foods) but no reduction in total calories
3rd phase--- all of the above but start cutting calories a bit

I'm in phase 2 now, although I think I'll have to cut calories now by about 500, from 4,000 to 3,500 because I just can't seem to be able to eat 4,000 of healty stuff like oats, chicken breats, tuna, salmon, eggs, stuff like that, just sick of it. I might still try to get 4,000 cal though as I didn't want to cut calories yet, perhaps in the form of more protein.

Frankster
03-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Just thought I'd make note of this in here.
From the At Large supplements I've been using for a few days now, I've found the following.

Thermocin:
Immediately I've found that the thermocin blunts appetite. I didn't really want this at this stage of my diet, but it must be very usefull for those on caloric deficit. Another thing is mental focus. I find I'm able to to concentrate alot better and be more productive... this gonna be a good tool if I start playing chess again :evillaugh Haven't really notice any energy increase.. but this might be due to the fact that I was taking eca before so there is no difference now... so perhaps the thermocin is just as effective as EC for energy.

ETS:
I gotta be honnest and say that I was skeptical of this supplement doing anything. It's only been a couple of days and I have to say that damnit... my wrist seem to be getting a bit better, specially today. I'm training arms tomorow and arms usualy are hard on the wrists for me, so we'll see better in the next few days.
Haven't notice any recovery time/doms reduction so far, I trained legs today,so we'll see tomorow and day after how doms is... it usually lasts for a week for me.

Nitrean:
I love the ingredients in this protein, which is why I bought it. I love the taste also, hard to believe there is so little carb/fat in there. It also mixes very well... the powder is sooo light/thin , that I am always having to dig for the scoop.. seems just the weight of the scoop makes it dig in the powder.

Frankster
03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Arms Day No cardio
I didn't do cardio today as my legs are a little sore from doing squats yesterday.
I must say that I am very pleased with my workout today, I felt energized and had a great pump.With the little drop in bodyfat my arms are more vascular than they were a month ago and with the combination of the good pump after the workout my arms looked genourmous :cool:
I've managed to get 3,550 cals yesterday and I'm not counting my post workout creatine that contains like 35 g of carbs in my fitday so really it's like 3,700. I think 3,700-3,900 is good for now, not a drastic change from 4,000-4,200... so I'll stick with that as it seems about the max I can take of healthy food. I think these past couple days of good nutrition contributed to the good workout.

Seated Alternate DB curls SS Seated overhead EZ bar extensions
30 lbs DBs x 12 --- 15 lbs per side x 15
40 x 9 --- 25 lbs ps x 15
50 x 7 --- 35 ps x 14
40 x 10 --- 35 ps x 14

One arm cable preacher curls SS bent over OH cable triceps extensions
50 x 13 --- 70 x 15
50 x 11 --- 80 x 15
50 x 9 --- 100 x 13

One arm OH DB extension SS concentration DB curls
30 lbs x 14 --- 30 x 12
30 x 11 --- 30 x 10

Oh and damnit... my wrists didn't hurt one bit... but my right elbow hurt like a bitch (not my left though)... not ready to praise the ETS god yet, but so far wheter it's the ETS or not, joints/ligaments/tendons seem to be getting better.

getfit
03-24-2005, 02:08 PM
good session tunaman :)

Anthony
03-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Nice work, Frankie. You should be doing the cardio when your legs are sore as it will actually help with your recovery. Blood flow and all that jazz. Suck it up!

Frankster
03-24-2005, 03:12 PM
thanks GF
Thanks Tony, yeah I suppose... maybe just a little less.. like 20 mins lower intensity. thanks for screwing up my excuse to not do cardio.

Maybe I'll go for a wallk this evening.. it's nice out.

PizDoff
03-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Nice stuff.
I had 7 eggs and a can of tuna last night!

Frankster
03-25-2005, 08:32 AM
yes yes yes yes ye ye that's a nice combo right there eggs and tuna :fart:

Frankster
03-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Cardio Day
1 hour walk. That's it, my legs hurt ok.

Anthony
03-25-2005, 11:23 AM
:whiner:

Frankster
03-25-2005, 02:24 PM
How's your cold coming along anthony :evillaugh

Frankster
03-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Back Day
For cardio, I walked to the gym, 40 mins.

Chin ups
bw x 12
bw x 8
bw x 7

Deads (trying new form to try and keep my back straighter, hands inside legs, legs spread a bit further apart... feel the butt and hams alot this way)
135 x15
225 x 12
315 x 10
315 x 8

Bent over rows
135 x 15
225 x 10
225 x 6

One arm pull down
55 x 15
70 x 10
70 x 10

Overall it was not the best workout, but I had a good pump at the end. At this stage I just want to maitain as much as possible anyways, not trying to break records.
I put the diet on hold for the past 2 days, but the calories were not that high, just "dirtier foods" like pork, cheese, a little chips and chocolate for easter of course :P. Back on track as of today.

getfit
03-28-2005, 04:57 PM
woooooooohoooooo tunaman fantastic session! you go!!! :)

Frankster
03-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks GF :)
Chest Day
For Cardio: walk to the gym and back, about 1h15 mins of walking.

BB bench
bar x 15
135 x 15
225 x 7 or 8, not exactly sure
225x 5
135 x 15

smith incline press
135 x 15
225 x 1 (ouch... it was much heavier than I anticipated :( )
185 x 8
185 x 5

cable cross overs
40 lbs x 15

Overall... very sucky training which is why I didn't do much of it, strenght was not there AT ALL, well.. the last couple of days of screwed up sleep/nutrition is to blame for this... I just wanted to get a training session in to say that I did and kick myself back into it.

Frankster
04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Shoulders Day
Just starting back after stopping training/eating for a week. I'm down to 200 lbs, but I think I should be back to around 203 by end of week. The reason for stopping is not one too fun to talk about but who cares... I had hemroids, still have them a bit but it's better.

Seated DB press
40 lbs x 15
60 x 15
60 x 10
60 x 12

DB Side laterals (one arm)
25 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 15

Seated without back support press on smith machine
bar x 15
35 lbs ps x 15
35 lbs x 10
35 lbs x 8

Low pully rear delt pulls
55 lbs x 15
55 x 15
70 x 15
70 x 12

inclined seated front db raises
15 lbs x 15
15 lbs x 15
15 lbs x 12

Overall.. ok workout considering everything.. alot of volume but it was light weight high reps.. so working more on endurance.

getfit
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
good to switch things up once and awhile looking good tunaman :D

Sinep
04-07-2005, 06:25 PM
BUMP for the ass handicap.

Frankster
04-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Arms /abs Day

preacher curls ss rope push downs
25 ps x 15 -- 120 x 15
25 x 15 -- 120 x 15
25 x 15 -- 120 x 15
25 x 12

one arm cable curls ss one arm overhead extensions
40 x 15 -- 25 x 15
40 x 15 -- 25 x 12
40 x 15 -- 25 x 10
-- 20 x 15

3 sets 15 crunches
3 sets x 15 DB (35 lbs) side bends
3 sets x 15 leg raises.

Frankster
04-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Chest / Abs Day

DB bench
40 lbs (each) x 15
70 x 15
90 x 9
70 x 8

DB flys
25 x 15
30 x 13
30 x 13

Leg raises
bw x 15 x 3

crunches
x15 x 3

Short workout cause well..it wasn't worth doing much with the way my body is lately, I'm down to 197 from not eating much. I've got plenty of excuses if they're required, but it's still no reason to slack like I did.. shame on me.. shame! My little problem isn't completelly healed, but it's not as bothersome asit was anymore.

ETS is worth to note here though, even with my lack of eating/sleep/training/decipline/mentality/dedication/ ... / _____ / _____ /
my wrists and elbows feel pretty good.. Thanks ETS, you're a true friend.. still nice to me when I'm not to myself.

Frankster
04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Arms Day

preacher curls SS overhead cable extensions
25 ps x 15 --- 100 x 15
30 ps x 15 --- 120 x 15
30 x 12 --- 140 x 14
30 x 10 --- 140 x 12

One arm spider curls SS cable push downs
25 x 15 --- 150 x 15
30 x 12 --- 160 x 13
30 x 11 --- 160 x 12
30 x 10 --- 160 x 10 immediately to 110 x 8

One arm Lying cable concentration curls SS One arm DB overhead extension
40 x 15 --- 25 x 15
40 x 15 --- 30 x 12
40 x 12 --- 30 x 10

Overall: Good workout, good pump, slowly getting better. For the rest of my cut, I think I'm just gonna train what I feel like, why not... the goal is not to break records and make muscle gains anyhow, you're just training to try and keep as much as possible. If I feel like training arms every other workout, then that's my choice :nod:

Frankster
04-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Shoulders Day

Smith machine press without back support
bar x 20
115 x 15
135 x12
155 x 7
145 x 10

Bent over DB rear delt flys
10 lbs DBs x 15
20 x 15
20 x 15 immediately to 10 x 12

Side laterals
30 lbs x 15
35 x 15
35 x 15
30 x 15

That's it, gave me a good pump this workout. My health problem seems to be getting better, but the low calories (have to) are hard to stay motivated on... but I am getting back into it and since I'm on a cut... it ain't that bad.

Have to give praise to ETS once again here, this stuff just works wonders... no more wrists problems and elbows are much much better.. usualy when my calories are low.. these little aches and pains are worse.

Frankster
04-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Back Day (yesterday)

Seated rows
130 x 15
130 x 15
190 x 8
155 x 12

Overhead cable arcs
40lbs x 15 x 3

lat pulldowns
145 x 15
160 x 10

close grip pull downs
115 x 15 x 2

Focused70
04-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Hey Tuna...

Shoulder work lookin' beastly there. Are you Son of Teufy? :p

Stash

Frankster
04-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Arms Day

Preacher Curls SS Inclined cable skull crushers
25 ps x 15 --- 90 x 15
30 x 14 --- 120 x 15
30 x 11 --- 140 x 15

One arm DB spider curls SS cable push down
30 x 15 --- 130 x 15
30 x 12 --- 160 x 10
30 x 10 --- 140 x 13

Standing concentration curls SS OH dumbel extension
25 x 12 --- 30 x 13
25 x 10 --- 30 x 11
20 x 15 --- 30 x 10

Mighty pump on this one :)
Soba: no :) shoulders are a strong point for me thanks. This is nothing though, dieting and doing high reps.

Frankster
04-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Legs Day

Squats
bar x 20
145 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 3
225 x 10

Leg extensions
130 x 15
160 x 15
175 x 12
175 x 10

seated calf raises
45 lbs x 100 (stop just long enough for lactic acid buildup to diminish)

lying leg curls
70 x 15
85 x 12

About 3 weeks since I trained legs, and OUCH... lost hell of alot of strenght, hopefully some of it will come back by next workout or two.. I'm down to 192 lbs already, down 20 lbs since begining of cut. My lilttle health problems seems to be healed though, so that's good and it means it's time to get my ass in gear once more.

Frankster
03-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Since starting this journal, I seem to update it for a few weeks then stop for 4 years, since It'll be 4 years next April since my last update. See you sometime around then lol :D

heathj
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
what up! i seem to do the same as you. lets stick to it and keep up the progress!