PDA

View Full Version : Daily Protein Intake

HWGUY
03-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I would like some advice concerning protein intake.

Want would be an ideal protein intake for me? I weigh 158lb and so far my only additional intake is an extra pint of Semi-skimmed milk per day. That only provides me with an extra 19.5mg of protein per day. I plan to add 6 hard boiled eggs to that to boost it to around 50mg per day.

I have read that some people intake 300mg and some intake 600mg. How much should I intake?

I work out twice a week on mondays and thursdays. Do I have to eat that diet everyday, or just on the days that I work out?

Holto
03-03-2007, 01:53 PM
If I was you I'd shoot for 150000mg.

ianewilson
03-03-2007, 01:56 PM
^^ Haha

HWGUY
03-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Sorry did I put mg and not grams?

D'oh! :withstupi

But is 150 grams ok to start with?

Mr. D
03-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the boards. With that said, you should really make use of the Search Functions and the Stickies at the top of this section.

But as for your original question, you should aim for at least 1g/lbm of protein and 0.5 g/lbm of fat a day. Those are your MINIMUMS.

LBM = lean body mass, which is calculated by taking your Weight - Body Fat. So first things first get your bodyfat percentage tested out.

I would also suggest you start tracking what you eat on www.fitday.com.

A meal is defined by eating protein. So every meal should get protein.

As for what to eat, check out this link: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

If you can get your protein requirements from whole foods, that would be optimal, if not you might have to look into protein supplementation like Nitrean (a protein blend) or just regular Whey protein.

Good luck.