PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel, in general, about Endomorphs?

freac
03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Endomorph Body Types are often characterised with big bones, round face, large trunk and thighs and a naturally high degree of body fat, especially around the midsection. Endomorphs usually struggle to control their weight although it may simply mean more determination is needed for an endomorph to lose as much weight as a mesomorph.

Probably a poor description, but it's what I found. I assume most of you know what one is anyways.

I recently got into an argument (over the internet, I know I'm a dork) with someone. His stance was that there are certain people who are born "destined to be fat", and there is nothing they can do about it (endomorphs). I told him this is BS, and that anyone (barring certain diseases and physical handicaps; so any able-bodied person) can be in good shape if they put in the time. I understand it can be harder for some people, everyone has different genetics, but impossible to keep the weight off? I doubt it.

Now, my mother, who majored in Health in college, tells me endomorph isn't really a body type, but more of an excuse if you are overweight. I don't know what to think about that, really.

So I guess what I want you to tell me is
1) Are there really people "destined to be fat" who can do nothing about it?
2) Do endomorphs really exist? (I feel stupid asking, sorry) >_>

BigCorey75
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
HA HA yes they do exist, hell i am one....lol

im naturally a big guy and ive come to the realization that i will never be small, hell i just have a big structure, heavy hips, large rib cage, and a barrel chest.

but with some self discipline i have managed to keep my weight under control. I used to be a shade under 300 pounds when i played football, but even then i still had a larger degree of muscle mass but still some fat to go along with it. but i kept the size because it was neccessary for me to play ,my position and remain good and not get pushed around

now once i was done playing i made my mind to that there was no reason for me to be 300 pounds anymore, so i just enacted some self discipline in my diet and lost about 40 pounds of bodyfat in 7 months. at the end of last summer i was about 255 pounds no doubt the most jacked i have ever been in my life, and maybe only 10 or 15 more poundes away from me being in what i would consider good beach shape for me....lol

but my last semester in college was hectic and pretty much took me out of the gym and i lost a lot. but even with all that said i managed to keep my weight down, i wasnt over eating, and i just kept my portions in check but i lost a considerable amount of my muscle mass and actually lost a lot of weight in general. i got as low as 248, but i was carryng more bodyfat, in clothes i looked great and got tons of compliments but under neath i was soft and inside i just felt weak and useless and like such a pussy.....lol

well now im back in the gym, over chritsmas break i got my weight back up to about 265, im holding strong there right now, losing more body fat and gaining muscle mass back.

with me its all about diet, when i hold my diet steady and true the weight can come off but if i let it slip the weight comes right back on. so yeah man it exist i have to work for it, my goal is to be around 230 by mid summer and in what i like to cal beach shape.....lol and still be strong. its gonna be an interesting journey to see where i get

sorry kinda got off on a tangent but back to you question yeah there are endomorphs, just wait till fall and check out the NFL for example...lol but its also like you said a lot of people use it as an excuse to why they are over weight, with some effort and discipline the weight can be something you can control, hell ive done it and my diet before hand was atrocious, i cleaned it up and changed my drinking habits...lol and it fell off

so yeah it all still goes back to discipline

WBBIRL
03-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Body types aside, anyone can control their weight. Like BigCorey75, I too am an Endomorph and have always been built very big compared to average. I got the big thick legs, wide hips, big chest and broad shoulders. But I didn't have to and won't carry the amount of body fat that I used too. When I played football I weighed anywhere from 295 to 315 pounds but I was probably 30% body fat to go along with it.

I know I'll never look like the typical mesomorph, but I carry a decent amount of LBM naturally so once I get my bodyfat down under 20% I'll be pretty built. Make the best of what you have is what I say, how many mesomorphs walk around with 33" quads and a 60" chest?

sharkall2003
03-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm an endo-mesomorph and sometimes it's difficult to keep your weight under a certain amount of poundage. It just required different eating habits and having a lot of control.

Stumprrp
03-04-2007, 06:31 PM
i am to an endo, always being a big boy!

heres me in 5th grade, lol.

BFGUITAR
03-04-2007, 11:02 PM
i am to an endo, always being a big boy!

heres me in 5th grade, lol.

Hahah I was always a big kid too. Thick legs, broader shoulders, just no chest lol.
Ive never been below 14% bodyfat in my life, and was probably around 17-18% in general. I was made fun of because I sucked at sports gym class...
Now I can kick there asses big time. Its good to be big, I must admit. **** losing weight, im gonna bulk until I get too large for my frame.
And hey, girls dont mind the fat really... girls would rather go for the bigger guy with a bit of fat than the skinny guy.

Fuzzy
03-05-2007, 01:01 AM
girls would rather go for the bigger guy with a bit of fat than the skinny guy.

So so true :)

I guess some girls like to feel small comapred to a big guy...makes em feel all tiny and petite.

I dont like the use of body type generlisations, nothing will limit me just because someone said it.

I see too many people making excuses, but im ecto/endo.... pfft.

ShockBoxer
03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
No you're not. You're a meso. What the hell would an ecto-endo be? A skinny person with long limbs who is genetically predisposed towards getting fat (if so why are they skinny?) or a natural barrel chested but narrow shouldered person who can't get fat without an extreme amount of calories?

I'm a true endomorph: Stocky build, stumpy thick finger, gain twice to three times more fat than muscle during a bulk regardless of calorie 'quality', and a pants tearing ass no matter what my bodyfat drops to.

It is what it is. No more sense complaining about it than complaining about your height. Hard work trumps body type in the end.