PDA

View Full Version : Rice

mr_hand
02-19-2002, 09:50 AM
Down the street from where I work is a Spanish Restaurant, and you can get a good size container of rice for $2.50. I have been using this for carbs with my meals at work. My question is, they have white rice, and yellow rice. Which do you think is better and why? Whats with the yellow rice? Is it good for you, or no? Oh yeah, for 50 cents more they'll throw a shitload of beans on it, pinto or kidney, your choice.

reso
02-19-2002, 09:58 AM
depends on your goals,white rice good for bulking and sometimes good postwork for some people....if your bulking do worry about white rice

yellow rice i have no clue how they even make it yellow:?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2002, 09:59 AM
yellow = egg-fried rice right?

Bullrider Billy
02-19-2002, 10:07 AM
Spanish yellow rice has saffron or Sazon (a seasoning) in it. It is not fried like Chinese fried rice. Some Spanish cooks (but not all)stir fry the raw rice in a bit of oil before adding the liquid. That's how you start a paella (and Italian risotto, btw). Except for the cook possibly getting a little heavy-handed with the oil, Spanish rice, white or yellow, is perfectly fine. With the beans you are adding to your carb load. Just remember that.

reso
02-19-2002, 10:11 AM
so essentially if you make your own yellow or spanish rice its ideal for eating bulking/cutting?

mr_hand
02-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Good to hear, plus its cheap and tastes damn good.

YatesNightBlade
02-20-2002, 02:22 AM
Brown rice would be a better choice.