PDA

View Full Version : your experience with Bill Star 5x5 routine

chrisd34
03-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Well I started this on the 19th of Feb. My max for 5 reps on bench was 280.
By the end of the 9week program it says i should be doing a set of 325 for 5 reps. Now I have been following the routine outline using the % increase that it tells me to. I have been able to jump in weight each week so far. My question is will i be able to keep doing this each week using this program? Also has anybody used this program and how well did it work for you?

RhodeHouse
03-05-2007, 05:11 PM
It'll work for a while, but you can't keep adding weight every week forever.

Mike G
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
It'll work for a while, but you can't keep adding weight every week forever.

Exactly. At some point you will miss your lift. At that time you either go back a few weeks and start from that point (described in the article) or start a new routine.

Fuzzy
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
AFter this stops working change to higher rep thing.

Then come back and do the advanced porgram.

I cant wait till June to use it again.

Scooter
03-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm in week 7 and it's getting intense. I would say I have a few more weeks before I peak. It also doesn't help I stopped taking creatine. :bash:

I'd like to hear how long other people have been able to gain on this routine too.

FullTimeStud
03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Tomorrow I am starting week 10. Its getting really hard but has been great. I dont know how much longer I could go (maybe not even past now) but spring break is next week so I wont be able to go to the gym. I will take that week off and start a new program.