PDA

View Full Version : Pls help me set up a cutting diet!

Spourk
03-08-2007, 07:18 PM
So i did PSMF for a while lost about 15 pounds of fat. Ive been eating like crap lately though..... gained 2 pounds back nuthin to flip about. But i am still not at my goal. You guys think i should do another PSMF or a traditional cutting diet. the PSMF wasnt to hard for me. I am sitting at 235.5 at the moment i wanna be atleast down to 210 is not lower by june. Please help me.

Spourk
03-08-2007, 07:20 PM
so my computer was not being nice.... please delete/disregard one of these

IHaveToCrushYou
03-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I just finished a slow cut (I dont like PSMF as I prefer eating more than protein shakes and chicken breasts lol).

What I did was make sure to:

-get at least your BW in protein (grams) daily
-get at least 35g fibre daily
-eat 10 fish oil capsules and 50g almonds a day to cover the healthy fats
-unfortunately I got around 25g saturated fat daily but it got the job done.
-did the BGB workout routine as decribed in Built's article http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255
-Was patient and rarely "cheated" (I don't consider it cheating if it fits into my macros, which, on more than one occasion near the end of my cut included a Wendy's double cheeseburger with water and no fries)

I'll post exactly what I ate (on average) as I kept track of my eating with fitday (the program version not the free online one) so unfortunately I can't just post a link.

IHaveToCrushYou
03-08-2007, 08:28 PM
So basically this is an example of one of my days. I call this the Baby Not Fat diet and its basically the backbone of all eating Ill be doing from now on :)

Breakfast:
Quaker Quick Oats (30g) - 114cals, 2g fat, 20g carbs, 4g pro - (love this stuff with splenda)
1 Serving Nitrean (30g) - 110cals, 1g fat, 2g carbs, 24g pro (mix this in with the oatmeal to give it a protein boost)
All Bran Buds (28g) - 70cals, 1g fat, 23g carbs, 3g pro (ate this for that there psyllium fibre they got now)

Lunch:
Whole wheat turkey sandwich consisting of:
2 pieces Dempster's whole grain flax bread - 240cals, 5g fat, 40g carbs, 10g pro
Lilydale Turkey Breast slices from Costco (110g) - 140cals, 2g fat, 6g carbs, 24g pro

Post Workout Shake:
Muscle Milk or Opticen mixed with 2 cups 1% milk - 570cals, 23g fat, 42g carbs, 50g pro (for added fibre I would throw in 8 grams of benefibre which is approx. 6g fibre)

Small Meal:
Almonds (50g) - 300cals, 27g fat, 9g carbs, 10g pro
Fish Oil Capsules (10) - 90cals, 10g fat

Small Meal:
Ocean's Flake White Albacore Tuna (1 can or 112g) - 101cals, 2g fat, 0g carbs, 21g Pro (would weigh it and then drizzle with franks red hot sauce)
Apple (7.45oz) - 125cals, 1g fat, 32g carbs, 0 pro

Supper:
Eye of Round Steak (4.3oz) - 229cals, 4g fat, 0g carbs, 45g pro
Green Giant Roasted Potates with Broccoli in Cheese Sauce (108g) - 90cals, 2g fat, 15g carbs, 3g pro (I'm lazy when it comes to preparing veggies so I buy this at any grocery store in the freezer aisle)

Bedtime Snack:
Dairyland Dry Curd Cottage Cheese (70g) - 62cals, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 12g pro
Apple (7oz) - 117cals, 1g fat, 30g carbs, 0g pro (apples seemed to help get rid of the cravings I usually had right before bed).

Totals: 2357cals, 80g fat (18g saturated, 20g Polyunsaturated, 18g Monounsaturated), 221g carbs (45g fibre), 208g pro

I also weigh all my food with a little digital scale (if you know a drug dealer your familiar with the kind lol) and so things such as apples, steaks, amount of tuna in a can may vary slightly. When I weigh apples I throw the apple on the scale and get the starting weight, then after I'm done eating I toss the core on the scale and subtract the starting weight from the ending (grade 1 math comes in handy here).

As well shake's will alter the calories slightly depending on whether you use Muscle Milk or Opticen (or any other shake).

Also I highly recommend Fitday.com

Edit: Updated the menu to include Nitrean in the breakfast and recalculated the totals to reflect this.

Built
03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I really enjoyed that post. Baby Not Fat. I love it!

Holto
03-08-2007, 10:26 PM
IHaveToCrushYou:

7 grams of protein in your breakfast? Am I reading this right? Other than that it looks solid. I'd like to see more protein in your last meal also.

Bohizzle
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
just add some protein to ur oats.

IHaveToCrushYou
03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks Built, ur my inspiration lol. Oh and as for the lack of protein in my oats, I ran out of protein powder :(