PDA

View Full Version : Meat Leaves and Berries diet.

Coleman
02-19-2002, 07:28 PM
Anyone heard of this? Its basically alot of meats, salads and fruits with as little grain as possible. It also calls for alot of water as well.

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-19-2002, 07:30 PM
sounds like an excellent diet to me for cutting just throw out the fruits and youll get ripped

unev_en
02-19-2002, 07:52 PM
sounds like an excellent diet to me for cutting just throw out the fruits and youll get ripped

The key to cutting is calorie, not carbohydrate, restriction.

TreeTrunks
02-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Sounds good for a Yeti.

LMAO!!! hehehe. Sounds like the diet my ancestors were on. That is a weak diet man. Yeah you'll lose all sorts of weight, muscle that is.

aeckhardt
02-19-2002, 10:03 PM
And even if you were to do that you would need to be a little more precise about it. Like making sure you get enough fat and protein.

Tryska
02-20-2002, 04:05 AM
*raises hand*

that's pretty much how i eat. well with the inclusion of dairy...but grains and starches and sugars are kept to a minimum. It works really really well too. (ignore the part about cutting back on fruit....by cutting the grains you are doing yourself a world of good) :thumbup:

CBates
02-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TreeTrunks

LMAO!!! hehehe. Sounds like the diet my ancestors were on. That is a weak diet man. Yeah you'll lose all sorts of weight, muscle that is.

I'm just curious how you'd lose a lot of muscle on a diet like this? I mean you're getting plenty of proteins and fat from the meats (assuming you are eating some steak and beef), getting plenty of fiber from the green veggies in the salad (can add olive oil also to get more good fats), get carbs from the fruits. I don't see really anything wrong with this. Maybe throw a few eggs in, some oatmeal, whey shake for post workout, and some flaxseed oil and this could be a pretty good cutting diet.

TreeTrunks
02-20-2002, 10:33 AM
To get enogh carbs you'll have to eat veggies all day long.

CBates
02-20-2002, 10:36 AM
That is what the fruit is for.

Paul Stagg
02-20-2002, 10:39 AM
The idea is to remove processed grains from your diet.

In general, that's a good thing.

You can get plenty of carbs from fruit, nuts, and leaves.

Tryska
02-20-2002, 10:43 AM
and dairy!

ericg
02-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Kinda makes me think of some of the Clarence Bass books

http://www.cbass.com/

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-20-2002, 03:32 PM
you wont loose muscle especially if your taking 2 grams of protien per pound of bodyweight

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2002, 03:34 PM
you will if that's all you eat.

nugg
02-20-2002, 04:08 PM
actually a very good diet for cutting. Anyone who has gained fat from vegetable and fruits, please raise their hand??!!!?

Removing all refined foods from the diet, will most likely automatically lead to fat loss, and fast.

This type of diet is pretty good long term.

Plenty of protein, fibre, natural fats, carbs the way nature intended, antioxidants etc etc.

ALso, there is the "'stickability" factor- you can eat like this for a good period of time.

Tryska
02-20-2002, 06:05 PM
word.

i can attest to every thing nugg just said.

unev_en
02-20-2002, 06:37 PM
I personally see no problems with low-gi, relatively unprocessed carbohydrate sources like oats, sweet potatoes, and brown rice; I simply cannot function without some carbs in my diet. It's just me. This is not to say I eat a high-carb diet, however; I'm currently (unreasonably) aiming for a clean bulk with 45 % caloric intake in the form of carbohydrate.