PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Fit and Free

VikingWarlord
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
These guys (www.pizzafree.com) had a booth at the Arnold. I didn't get any of their stuff, but it looked and smelled great. Anyone ever try any of their stuff?

PoutineEh
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM
thats pretty cool. when i have 1 slice of pizza on a cut, i end up eating the whole thing. this seems like a good alternative. i havent tried it though.

Mad Martigan
03-09-2007, 09:51 PM
A little pricey.

VikingWarlord
03-09-2007, 10:09 PM
A little pricey.

It is a little pricy, but it's a pretty interesting idea. At the Expo, they had bigger ones they were selling for $2/slice and whole pies for $8. They were maybe 12" pizzas. I really wish I'd gotten some to check out.

stepto180
03-09-2007, 11:12 PM
I heard about these at the arnold...I was a little scared of them

Scooter
03-10-2007, 07:37 AM
I actually made these when I was on my cut:
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Your favorite tomato sauce
Fat Free Cheese
Turkey Pepperoni (optional)

KingWilder
03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
if I'm gonna eat pizza...I'm gonna eat PIZZA

Tofer
03-10-2007, 11:53 AM
My Dad makes me these all the time. They're pretty good and easy to make.

RedSpikeyThing
03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
That's a good idea. I'd still rather make my own and cover it chicken :drooling:

Unholy
03-11-2007, 07:37 PM
It does have 43g of carbs though. Who does No fat these days anyway.

Slim Schaedle
03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I actually made these when I was on my cut:
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Your favorite tomato sauce
Fat Free Cheese
Turkey Pepperoni (optional)

I make something almost identical very often.

It seems like it would be cheaper, and less hassle (minus the actual preparation, which takes 5 minutes) than the mail order.

However, I do wish there was a lower-fat option for take out and delivery. I am very suprised big chain pizza places haven't offered something like that, considering the "healthy options" many other fast foods places offer.

EDIT: I don't use pita bread. Boboli sells pre made 100% whole wheat crust.

Unholy
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
OH wow I think this is a great idea for my next PSMF refeed, whole wheat pizza!!!!!!

VikingWarlord
03-12-2007, 04:49 AM
I make something almost identical very often.

It seems like it would be cheaper, and less hassle (minus the actual preparation, which takes 5 minutes) than the mail order.

However, I do wish there was a lower-fat option for take out and delivery. I am very suprised big chain pizza places haven't offered something like that, considering the "healthy options" many other fast foods places offer.

EDIT: I don't use pita bread. Boboli sells pre made 100% whole wheat crust.

It's not a big chain, but there's a place here called Hot Box Pizza that has all kinds of crazy stuff. It's a very "one from column A, one from column B" type place. Have a whole wheat crust they call the Hippy Crust and you can choose from a whole lot of sauces, not just tomato. It's pretty good.

Someone puts a healthier pizza concept into larger scale use and might make a killing.

Cirino83
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
if I'm gonna eat pizza...I'm gonna eat PIZZA

I agree....mmmmmm pizzzaaaa :drooling: