PDA

View Full Version : ice cream thread

PoutineEh
03-10-2007, 04:51 PM
the thought just popped in my mind about protein ice cream so i did a google search and came across this link:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=491806

there is a few good recipes, and even one for how to use a real ice cream maker. makes me want to buy one

IHaveToCrushYou
03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
This sounds pretty awesome

Ritzol
03-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I tried the one with powder, cc, and pb... it was ok. I think it would be better blended in a blender and a lil sf pudding... not too bad though.

FANCYPANTS
03-14-2007, 10:22 PM
OMG! thats so ill...

manowar669
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I tried the one with powder, cc, and pb... it was ok. I think it would be better blended in a blender and a lil sf pudding... not too bad though.

I've been making a CC, whey, pb "ice cream" for about 2 years now. Add half a packet of Fat free vanilla or chocolate pudding mix before you blend it, and use ice. If bulking, add milk instead of a little water. Stick it in the freezer, it's pretty decent.

My mix:
1 cup ff CC
1 tbsp pb (natty), sometimes 2 tbsp
1 cup skim milk (use water if u need to cut a few cals)
1 scoop vanilla whey (cheap stuff)
1/2 packet ff vanilla pudding mix.
handfull of ice.
blend until smooth, stick in freezer for about 45 min.
Add a tbsp of wheat bran if you want a little fiber. Doesn't add many cals.

Australian
03-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh dear. I thought what I am about to say was common knowledge with food experts. I thought body builders were food experts.
Frozen and cold food almost cripples your stomach's ability to function correctly and absorb nutrients.

McIrish
03-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Oh dear. I thought what I am about to say was common knowledge with food experts. I thought body builders were food experts.

Where did you get that little tidbit? Sources?

Australian
03-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Where did you get that little tidbit? Sources?Thousands of years of medical research by the community of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Thousands of years. Did I say that already? You want sources? How about my teacher - Prof. Lun Wong - Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine Australia. C'mon man, even your GP would confirm that one for you.

McIrish
03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Thousands of years of medical research by the community of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Thousands of years. Did I say that already? You want sources? How about my teacher - Prof. Lun Wong - Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine Australia. C'mon man, even your GP would confirm that one for you.

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE do not quote "thousands of years of traditional Chinese medicine" at me as a viable medical source. You've gotta be kidding me.

Aussie, I've lived in China for an extended period of time, and my own research touches on Chinese medicine (albeit only as an ancillary consideration, as I'm primarily researching the medical system at large, not specific pieces of the body of Chinese medicine) - are you familiar with the term "上火"/"shang4 huo3"? It literally means "to raise fire." Do you know that the same traditional Chinese medicine that you quote believes that eating certain foods will cause your "qi" to heat up, resulting in acne? Melon is a big culprit, and can only be countered by eating a food that will lower your "heat", like sweet green bean soup. Unfortunately for that line of reasoning, studies show that acne is (almost) unrelated to diet. I don't buy that melon = pimples.

Also, Chinese traditional thought is that cold beverages will cause you to develop diarrhea-like symptoms. I was told this on a daily basis for more than a year as I drank cold milk for breakfast every single day. Now, I have never researched the phenomena, but out of every single person I know stateside who drinks cold milk for breakfast, not a one has reported linked diarrhea-like symptoms.

I'm not denigrating the body of traditional medicine - I think there are a whole LOT of things that haven't been proven by Western medicine but have their place in medical treatment. Heck, we don't understand everything in the way we want to yet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work, right? I have the utmost respect for Chinese medicine.

K, that being said, I think there are a ton of elements within it (the two I noted above simply being salient examples) that are... hmmmm, how do I put this? Quackery? Folk-lore? Don't believe everything simply because it has existed for thousands of years - that isn't *proof* of its veracity, it is only proof that nobody has disproven it yet.

Australian
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Right, so you're ready for the study? Okay then, here it is: Turn your freezer up so the temperature inside it rises a little and the food is still a little bit malleable. You guessed it, you're my guinea pig - you're going on a frozen food diet for 4 days. Better call the ambulance now...

I would say the pimples from too much melon are a result of the internal damp that melon gives you when eaten in excess. Pimples are a symptom, however the tongue, eyes, pulse, body smell and questioning about diet, lifestyle etc. is our method of diagnosis of this damp condition that too much melon will give you, not pimples.

RedSpikeyThing
03-15-2007, 01:44 PM
:offtopic:
Enough bantering....MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES!!

PS I'm buying some cottage cheese tonight and trying this :D

EDIT: Just made it with vanilla and cocoa powder :drooling: