PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Lakeland Open

chrisd34
03-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Ok so the Lakeland Open is on may 5th, I will turn 18 on may 3rd. I have never participated in any type of Powerlifting meet outside of highschool meets. It says I have to join the APA in order to participate in the meet. I was looking at the APA records for Florida. In the 181lb 18-19year old class the records look like this... squat 365, bench 275, deadlift 410, total 1025

now I havent maxed in awhile but the other day i was messing around and tried to do 405 on squats well i was successful. I deadlifted 405 last tuesday. and i paused 330 on bench press on thursday at a highschool meet. Im thinking about actually going to the this meet in may. I was wondering if it would be a good idea. I mean just by looking at the records online i should be able to set a few. But im just not sure if i should actually go to the meet or not. I guess me being so young and never doing it has me kinda worried. Would it be a good idea to go and give it a shot or not?

Chris Rodgers
03-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Hell yea go and get your feet wet. Don't worry about the records. If you break em, then good, if not who cares. Go there and have a great time and try and push yourself for a PR.

rmccray
03-11-2007, 10:47 AM
chris is right do not worry about any numbers exept your own go have fun and see what happens just remember to lift with your head and not over it and you will do awesome! and since its your first meet all of your numbers will be prs so get at it lil bro SFW!!!!!:dj: