PDA

View Full Version : Crossfit extraordinaire... I think not

ryuage
03-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Well im out of shape... I go to the gym infrequently.... im fat.... i have no motivation... arg ... I've lost tons of strength, not that I had much to begin with...

Anyway, it is time to get back into shape and to lean out some... so I figure why not do it the crossfit way. I will be mixing up crossfit with lifting, probably more crossfit then actualy bb type lifting. My cardiovascular capacity is virtually non existant now... probably go from a sub 6 minute mile to lets just take a breather half way during a 9-10 minute mile... how sad. I've been on the see food diet for quite some time, so it is time to clean that up as well. I plan on entering the Hawaiian Honululu triathalon the end of May and I have a photo shoot as well so I guess that will be motivation enough ay...

WOD from yesterday

3 rounds for time
1000m row
21 thrusters with 95 pounds

I guess it is good to say that if you have not done anything this taxing in awhile, not to go full blown the first time around... but knowing me what the heck.

I finished the first 2 rounds at about 15-16 minutes then got to the 3rd set of 1000m rows and starting to get a bit nausious, but you know what... lets stick it out, so I finished that at about 20 minutes and stand up only to feel like I am going to pass out, but hey I got 21 more thrusters to go.... pick up the damn barbell... ok at this point I am not going to do it straight through so lets break it up into 7's. Ok first set, sit down for a few seconds because you are going to puke... ok 7 more... ok wait it's about to come up. This is when it is time to run to the bathroom because the gym is spinning, you feel like your body is 100 degrees and you are about to vomit on the gym floor on front of everyone. Ok throw up a couple times, rinse your mouth and splash cool water on your face.... all better, lets go do a cool down walk for about 5 minutes or so on the treadmill.

Focused70
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Holy crapola.

It's Steven back from the dead.

:spam:

getfit
03-12-2007, 03:16 PM
OMG hey! welcome back

ryuage
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
hey hey heya... whats up :)

Coke
03-13-2007, 07:16 AM
This is sweet, you're off and running again - you've been a cool cat from early on and I wish you well.

Chubrock
03-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Damn Steven. Wasn't expecting to ever see you back over this way. You still out in Cali?

ryuage
03-13-2007, 01:18 PM
hehe thanks Ter.

Wazzup drew... yah Im still in cali, gonna be here for a little while im heading to berkeley this fall. Just when I left fayetteville they open a crossfit gym there grrr...

ryuage
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM

in a bit of rush for time...

WOD
3 sets of...
50 ft overhead lunges (50lbs)
21 burbees

who knows how long that took... I dont care I am not recording it for now I know if Ive improved or not.... by how much I want to puke afterwards and if I can complete the whole workout or not... then I will start. My work capacity = non existant.

it was intitially five but I cut it short from yesterdays lesson. Oh and then I get a ticket on the way home because the fu**kin street lights broke and are flashing so I figure since the car to my right is going it would be ok to go so I hesitated then went beside it (which imo was safe) especially since there is noone making a turn or coming from the sides, but to no avail, a cop who has nothing better to do pulls me over... go figure, I thought about working out at the local park for some reason before going to the gym, maybe it was a sign?

getfit
03-13-2007, 02:58 PM
so nce to see you back.Don't leave us now ;)

Anthony
03-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Good to see you back!

ryuage
03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
whew so I got my new home theater setup, The first plasma I had received had fractures all over the screen and had to wait for a new one... but anyway

Had a little short workout before work

db bench
a weak session none the less
100'sx5
100'sx5
100'sx3

guess thats what you get for a little lay off =\

pullups
bwxfailure
bwxfailure
bwxfailures
bw+30x3

skulls
no ideax12
no ideax12
no ideax8

BB Curls
85?x8

misc abs

cphafner
03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
he's alive. Wanna see weak, come check out my slacker journal. 100 db presses is far from weak. What are you weighing?

Coke
03-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Nice upper body session...nice a$$ home theatre too - you rolling in big dough bro - :D

ryuage
03-31-2007, 02:46 PM
ya mine is weak and I think im bigger of a slacker, but hey that is changing... I clicked your journal link and skimmed through it only to realize it was from eons ago and was like... hah liar

I wish I was rolling in doh :)

Last nights session

Leg Press
7pps+10x8
legs were shot afterwards :) So sore...

DB Press -
100'sx8 - easy
100x5
100x6

Pullups
bwxfailure
Chinups
bwxfailure

Cable rows
100x8 slow
100x8 slow

skulls
95x8
95x8

misc bb curl stuff

getting back into the swing of things lately.... I started my psmf on Monday and had a cheat/refeed :) last night and will limit it only to Friday nights maybe try and make it to Sunday (easter) and once I get lean Ill clean it up a bit and do a strict refeed schedule or move onto ud2

Chubrock
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Nice pressing Steven. Getting right back into things with some PSMF, damn. Helluva way to return haha.

Focused70
04-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Was too tired to post food pr0n.

My legs hate box squats. Oh yeah, you can do pullups with bw. I wish I was that weak. ;)

Kiaran
04-02-2007, 12:35 AM
What's up, dude. Nice to see a familiar face back in here. 100s on the DB press is solid, damn. Good luck with the goals, hope to see more posts.