03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey guys.
Here are my stats.

5'10
23 yo
171 pounds
131 pounds lean muscle
39.33 pounds fat

Theoretically to get to 10% i will need to lose 23 pounds going by my figures above.

I have giving myself 8 weeks to lose 16 pounds.

1 - Going from 23%bf down hopefully to 10-14% possible in 8 weeks if following a strict diet calorie deficit and cardio ?

2 - I was reading that when bulking you can theoretically put on .5 pound of muscle per week so if i am at 155 in june i should be able to get to my goal of 185 pounds in a year theoretically right ?

Ps - Reason i am not bulking now is because i feel it would be better for me to lose this weight/gut instead of going all out bulking.

jalal90
03-13-2007, 11:43 AM
good plan to cut first, follow a gd routine like wbb1 forget theoretical just put it to practice! iv seen much bigger gains then that over 6 months let alone a year! just see what your body can do its different for everyone. lose the gut then bulk. hit the big 3 hard and eat low cals high protein for the cut good luck

Unholy
03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
23lbs of fat is an overall caloric deficit of 80,500 calories. If you wanted to lose that in 8 weeks you would need a deficit of 1440 calories every single day. And thats without losing any LBM. You say your 171lbs that means you would be eating practically nothing for 8 weeks. As a result you would lose substantial muscle mass. I would not suggest this at all. nor do i think its possible to do safely in such a short time.

projectaero
03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
i forgot to include into it water weight..

xlerate9
03-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Good idea trying to cut then bulk... but I think you're being too optimistic. Just like Unholy said, that's a TON of weight to lose that quickly... and you're going to end up losing muscle. It's just plain not healthy.

I would look at it differently. Cut your calories down 500 below maintenance, hit the cardio hard, and keep lifting weights. Lose what you can in that amount of time, instead of trying to hit a certain number that quickly. I'd say anything more than 8-10 lbs. over the 8 week period is too much.

McIrish
03-26-2007, 08:49 AM
I say don't worry about the "bulking" or "cutting" just yet - if you are really 5'10, 170, 23% bf, just get in the gym 3-4x a week, lift up heavy objects, and CLEAN UP YOUR DIET. Post everything you eat for a week and we'll critique. Honestly, the cutting is probably superfluous now, and as Unholy pointed out, you'll lose a TON of lbm with that fairly extreme cutting scheme.

radioheadhead
03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
use the mirror, not the scale