PDA

View Full Version : techniques to control your eating on a cut

PoutineEh
03-13-2007, 11:27 AM
for those of you that cut out that w/o monitoring your macros, what sort of things do you do to keep from over eating?
a few examples of what im talking about are
a)drinking lots of water
b) eating a salad or veggies before a meal to give you that "full" feeling sooner
c) if hunger strikes suddenly, eat very lean meat ie chicken/tuna etc.
d) completely chew your food thouroughly. as a result, you take longer to eat and you will feel full sooner.

what else does everyone to control hunger and keep losing weight? there any other techniques you guys use that i havent mentioned?

Cirino83
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Never tried this but heard it works. Try chewing and eating ice cubes. Probably more of a placebo than anything else.

Mr. D
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
why are you not monitoring macros?

zen
03-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I have a few tricks, but I think the number one trick is mental.
But it's not the kind of mental strength I am (and I suspect most of us) are used to practicing. We tend to be good at focusing on doing well or concentrating on things for a short or medium period of time.
A good diet is not about focus. It's not about control.
It's about inner fortitude. It's about not acknowledging hunger.
It's about not thinking about food.
When most people "diet" they do just the opposite... since they are hungrier than they used to be, and since they are focusing on their diet, they think about (and crave) even more!

okay, enough with the psychological stuff.
want a simple trick?
Fiber.

Don't go overboard with it, but fiber with meals helps you take smaller portions and not feel as unsatisified. It can help take up a little space, plus, it can help cut the effects of what you did eat a little.
Plus, it has the added benefit of ensuring that the food in your system doesn't stagnate too much. lol

Unholy
03-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I take an EC stack. Green tea does wonders too. Drink water before eating. Pick foods that are high in protein and good fats. This will mean they take longer to digest. Try eating solid food rather then shakes if hunger is an Issue.

Personally I love feeling hungry. It reminds me that I'm alive.

PoutineEh
03-13-2007, 12:05 PM
why are you not monitoring macros?

because i dont feel like bringing a scale into the cafeteria... the only macro i keep track of is protein from my own powders/chicken/tuna etc.

PoutineEh
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
all good tips. yeah fiber seems to be a real big help. a giant salad can fill me up by itself and it comes out to some ridiculously low calorie content for how much satiation it provides.
eating 99% lean meat helps me a lot too. i basically just add some seasonings or barely enoug miracle whip light to make it edible. it becomes a real chore just to get 30g of it down and then im not hungry for a few hours. and then there is the added benefit of more protein :)

twistedframe
03-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Generally I just eat alot slower than I used too. At 1st I thought people were crazy, but after doing it for a while it really does give you the full feeling sooner. Also I drink a ton of water. If I get hungry and don't have alot of calories left for the day I will just start drinking water. It really does fill you up!

Lones Green
03-13-2007, 03:40 PM
i definetely think eating slower will help, but the biggest thing for me is keeping myself busy...i find when im bored i'll go have a protein bar, or make some eggs.

stepto180
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM
I use crystal light to help with sugar craving I know not exactly what your asking but it tricks me and it really does make u fuller --and I was told years ago that a good amount of the time you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty

VikingWarlord
03-13-2007, 06:42 PM
As long as I've gotten what I need, I just suck it up and deal with it. I've actually found that chewing gum helps. If I don't have that, I chew on pen caps or something.

FalconFootball
03-13-2007, 06:46 PM
mmmm pen caps...... haha i just drink lots of water

VikingWarlord
03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
mmmm pen caps...... haha i just drink lots of water

Yeah, it's not on purpose. It's just something I do absent mindedly. I've found myself chewing on thumbtacks and razor blades. This is why I always have gum around...it keeps me from doing crazy **** like that.

Oh, and I drink about 2 gallons of water a day.

muscle chic
03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
sugar free gum, sf jello w/coolwhip lite to cut sugar craving, sweet potatoes made in to fries backed with olive oil spray, I make my own icetea with splenda and drink alot of it!!

Australian
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Watch out for stomach ulcers if you chew gum on an empty stomach! Chewing stimulates the production of the stomach's hydrochloric acid. Water is a great filler BETWEEN meals but if you want to have any acid in your stomach to break the food down to nutrient form, then give your system 25 minutes (no water) to balance the digestive PH before eating and 25 to 45 mins after, depending on what you ate and your level of physical exertion and body position. Don't hunch at a computer after you eat - open the chest. Here's an interesting Chinese medicine trick (I'm a student) Walk GENTLY and slowly after eating for 15-20 minutes. Eat sitting but walk slow after. Try it. You'll never gain weight around your mid-section again! I don't know why, but you have to try it. Something to do with digestive energy flows. I'll get back to you on why. Also consider the temperature of your stomach when it's trying to digest. Try not to put frozen stuff in there, as it will only have to warm before it can perform properly. Green Tea and apples are hunger suppressants. Green Tea also has so many other benefits you'd be silly not to drink it of occasion. Take a break from it every 2 weeks for 4 days to come off the caffeine for effect cycling.

Built
03-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I included a few tips in issue 7 (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=294) and in issue 1 (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=272) of Get Built.

Dieting sucks, but it doesn't have to be horrible.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
I use willpower. That probably won't help you much though.

Australian
03-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I use willpower. That probably won't help you much though.
Yeah, that stuff is useless. Tastes bad too.

IZich
03-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that stuff is useless. Tastes bad too.

Ah, stupid anabolic diet. Sugar-free willpower, anyone?

Psychotron
03-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I pinch a little roll of fat from a love handle and ask myself, do I want more or less of this?
:whip:

Australian
03-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I pinch a little roll of fat from a love handle and ask myself, do I want more or less of this?Then you eat the roll?