PDA

View Full Version : zerchers

SaVvY
03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zix--X7EoKA

does anyone do zerchers like this? im trying to stimulate conans pick up - anyone know what kind of weights been lifted this way? (i want some goals) the most i did was 160kg/353lbs

thanks for any replies

Chubrock
03-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I've seen 545 from a slight bit higher than that. I think most people do Zerchers and end up squatting to way below parallel with it. Now if you're trying to simulate the pickup for Conan's Wheel, then you probably don't need to drop as low.

SaVvY
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
that gives me an aim, cheers

ValleyFR
03-15-2007, 04:54 PM
what the...i have never even seen this lift before....

View 1
03-15-2007, 07:38 PM
When I do them, I just do them like a regular squats, I've never done them off pins before. Not sure if there is a difference by doing them that way?

Zercher's are by far my favorite type of squat to do.

Detard
03-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Never tried zerchers but I remember from watching stump's video he has his elbow at an >30` angle and rests it in that groove. Nice lift though

Chubrock
03-16-2007, 08:46 AM
I've got a couple of clips floating around YouTube that includes some Zerchers. May give you an idea of what I was talking about.

SaVvY
03-16-2007, 08:47 AM
When I do them, I just do them like a regular squats, I've never done them off pins before. Not sure if there is a difference by doing them that way?

Zercher's are by far my favorite type of squat to do.
i would think it be harder to do a pick up for the same weight, just like its harder to do bottom up squats - then again, it wasn't really a squat this way, more of an back an arm exercise

ima try doing zercher squats next sesh

SaVvY
03-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I've got a couple of clips floating around YouTube that includes some Zerchers. May give you an idea of what I was talking about.
unless there about 30 secs long my comp dont allow me to watch em, its pretty damn well annoying, always seems to stop just before the lifts about to happen

Chubrock
03-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Haha I hear ya on that. I might have a short clip on a computer I can upload. If you let this sit there for awhile, it may load up for you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0ykwwijkA

The zercher is at the end. It wasn't very good form as it was a ME (275) at the time, but you can get the idea of what I was talking about.

SaVvY
03-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Haha I hear ya on that. I might have a short clip on a computer I can upload. If you let this sit there for awhile, it may load up for you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0ykwwijkA

The zercher is at the end. It wasn't very good form as it was a ME (275) at the time, but you can get the idea of what I was talking about.
i got all of 5 seconds..not often, but sometimes if i refresh the page it will start from how much it loaded up last time so i can eventually get all the clip> thats not happening with this

im searching youtube for short clips

edit - http://youtube.com/watch?v=C4P5rSN0yMQ > 425 double, sweet

Chubrock
03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Here ya go: http://youtube.com/watch?v=14e12wFB2GQ

That is a 10 sec clip from Ball State if I'm not mistaken. It's not exactly how I do them (I squat until the bar touches the top of my quad), but it shows pretty good what I was talking about.

Max Thunder
03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Last time I tried zercher squats, my right forearm/hand was starting to go numb. I just don't get it how you're supposed to hold an heavy bar at that place.

SaVvY
03-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Here ya go: http://youtube.com/watch?v=14e12wFB2GQ

That is a 10 sec clip from Ball State if I'm not mistaken. It's not exactly how I do them (I squat until the bar touches the top of my quad), but it shows pretty good what I was talking about.
ill test that out next sesh

Dinosaur
03-16-2007, 06:01 PM
You got a yoke, Savvy? If you do, just lower it to where you can do front carries and take a walk. Easiest way to train for a Conan's I think. I primarily did Zercher power holds for my first Conan's which was 450, and ended up getting 220+ feet, but now that I'm doing front carries with 410 with the yoke I can tell it's a LOT harder so therefore better.

SaVvY
03-17-2007, 07:13 AM
You got a yoke, Savvy? If you do, just lower it to where you can do front carries and take a walk. Easiest way to train for a Conan's I think. I primarily did Zercher power holds for my first Conan's which was 450, and ended up getting 220+ feet, but now that I'm doing front carries with 410 with the yoke I can tell it's a LOT harder so therefore better.
unfortunately not no, my parents dont let me have anything like that around the house, i have farmers walk but thats about it - i think ill just use a bar for now, ill do lift offs + timed holds, as well as squats

Adam
03-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Thats how I always do them.
I find it to be way less wear and tear on the top of elbow/bicep area. Mind you, I don't use any padding.

Dinosaur
03-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I use a thickbar for my zercher power holds, easier on the elbows and mimics more of what a Conan's Wheel will likely be.

Sleepy Guy
03-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow that 300 stuff looks like fun. When can I sign up?

kara
03-22-2007, 07:12 PM
:hello:
585 zercher
sick

youtube.com/watch?v=I6ntgtm2eII

Chubrock
03-22-2007, 07:15 PM
585 zercher
sick

Kara Bohigian?? Nice to see you over this way. This is Smith, Andrew from Marunde's forum. Craig is a freakin' beast.

Clifford Gillmore
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
585 zercher
sick

Welcome to the boards Kara!

kara
03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Kara Bohigian?? Nice to see you over this way. This is Smith, Andrew from Marunde's forum. Craig is a freakin' beast.

hey smith, andrew!! i guess now i'm smith, kara. good to see you too. :hello:

Chubrock
03-22-2007, 07:38 PM
hey smith, andrew!! i guess now i'm smith, kara. good to see you too. :hello:

Haha I was wondering if there was some joke going around the forums or if ya'll were actually getting married. Congrats Kara. Are you going to the Games in Loch Norman with Craig this year?

C. Smith
03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
lol, we ARE married.

And yes, she's coming to Loch Norman with me. You gonna be there?

Chubrock
03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
lol, we ARE married.

And yes, she's coming to Loch Norman with me. You gonna be there?

I'm considering it now. Haven't ever been to any Games outside of Flora MacDonald (which I go to each year). Would love to get up there and see you and Eric compete. Don't really know much about the area though. I'll have to check out when I've got finals and see if I might can find somewhere cheap up there to stay.