PDA

View Full Version : Stack it, Attack it, Rack it - Issue #3

Joe Black
03-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi there,

We have just released issue 3 of Mike Wolfe's Stack it, Attack it, Rack it column.

Mike is among the best benchers in the world. He has a competition best raw press of 600 lbs and a shirted press of 859.8 lbs. Mike’s short term goal is to press over 900 lbs equipped. His long term goal is to simply be the best!

This month, Mike covers benching for raw reps and how to improve pectoral power for a BIG Bench.

Click here (http://atlargenutrition.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=90) for issue 3 of Stack it, Attack it, Rack it

VikingWarlord
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
shirted press of 830 lbs

psst...shouldn't this say 860?

;)

chris mason
03-15-2007, 07:30 PM
psst...shouldn't this say 860?

;)

Lol, thanks! I fixed it!

Chris

PhilsterT
03-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Wow, did not realize he advocated dumbell kick backs; intresting.

Portboy
03-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow, did not realize he advocated dumbell kick backs; intresting.

What is wrong with dumbell kickbacks? At the end of the BGB kickbacks are put in there but with 'just kidding!' in brackets. Why is this? ...Just for my own education.

PhilsterT
03-17-2007, 12:55 AM
The kick back is a weak isolation excercise in my opinion. It's only bad because there are better tricep isolation and compound movements that will exhaust your muscle more effectively. Some include:

Skull crushers
Dips
Close-grip bench
Push downs
Overhead extension...

bigbadwolfe
03-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I use a diverse group of Dumbbell moves in my training. I have always been fond of Kickbacks have done them for yrs and another one alot of people dont use is pushdowns. Alot of guys shy away from them I love them. They have helped me get great size and strength.