PDA

View Full Version : @anyone with BBing show experience - Pre-Contest Diet Help

Unholy
03-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Its no secret that sometime in the next 18 months I would like to shave my ass, oil up, put on a speedo and let a bunch of dudes look at me under really bright lights.

I have used the search function on and tried finding some information on pre-contest dieting. I got very little info so I'm hoping some of the more experienced members on the forum (hopefully those with contest experience, Chase?Pup?Will?) would chime in.

Whats a good resource you can direct me to for pre-contest dieting advice. I've been looking around other boards/google for info but as we all know the internet is full of contradicting crap and its hard to pick out whats good knowledge and plain BS.

What approaches did you guys use? How early do you start preparing? Did you carb cycle? Low carb? Anything special 20 weeks out? What about 1 week out etc. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm really trying to learn this stuff before its time to put it into practice.

PS - My spelling and grammar sucks. If I need to clarify anything please let me know. I'm thirsty for knowledge :thumbup:

Jabberwocky
03-15-2007, 09:34 PM
cpchafner and bcc both had journals detailing their precontest diets.

Unholy
03-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I checked it out and thank you for the prompt response. I'm looking for info on how to set up my own diet. I found a few of these precontest diet journals here and on a few other boards. I was looking for some other resources though.

Isaac Wilkins
03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Not that I have done said contest, nor do I intend to, but I've been around a lot of them.

How lean have you been? If I remember correctly (I could certainly be wrong), you've always been on the heavy side, correct? If you have managed to get lean, how did you do it, and how were the results? You can use all of the information that other people have put forth for ideas, but the big key in a bodybuilding show is to know your own body. Obviously no one expects you to be perfect for your first show, but draw on what you know already.

How do you respond to carbs?

Again, what's the leanest you've ever been? How hard was it to get there?

How do you respond to cardio?

AAS? Using other chemicals (bromo, clen, t3, etc)? Natural?

Picked a show date or are you still in the "up in the air" point?

Unholy
03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Heya Borris, your memory servers you very well sir. The leanest I have been was back in August of 05' when I was 230@17% BF. So I have never been supper lean. Currently I am around 20-21% BF @ 250 and planning on getting to the 10-12% mark by the end of June.

I respond very well to carb cycling. UD 2.0 and PSMF have worked very well for me in the past.

My leanest wasn't lean at all going by BBing standards. But this is my first serious attempt at it.

I have mixed feelings about cardio because of WBB haha. I used to do it 2-3 times a week for 30-45 minutes but after much reading I stopped and just started eating well and lifting heavy.

I have never used AAS, Bromo, Clen, T3, DNP etc. All natty here.

Still up in the air point right now as far as a show date etc.

My rough idea was to cut down till the end of June and get to a solid 12% BF.
Maintain for 2 months and then do a clean bulk this fall till about January. I would like to do a show sometime late spring of 08' or maybe summer. I really appreciate any tips or advice. Like I said I understand I have a long way to go and a lot to learn but thats why I'm here asking questions now rather then when im "16 weeks out" or however the story goes >.<

Thanks for any further help =)