PDA

View Full Version : teen wanting to lose weight and gain muscle

goddessofpoetry
03-16-2007, 04:39 AM
I am 17, and im about 200 lbs, and i want to lose weight and gain muscle, without pill. How do i do that?

Mr. D
03-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Burn more calories than you consume. How many cals a day are you currently consuming? Are you gaining/losing weight eating this amount? IF neither, then this is your maintence cals. Take a 20% reduction of this. If you have no idea what your maintence cals are, then 12xBW is a good place to start a cut.

What is your height and bf%?

What is your lifting routine?

goddessofpoetry
03-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Burn more calories than you consume. How many cals a day are you currently consuming? Are you gaining/losing weight eating this amount? IF neither, then this is your maintence cals. Take a 20% reduction of this. If you have no idea what your maintence cals are, then 12xBW is a good place to start a cut.

What is your height and bf%?

What is your lifting routine?

I dont really have a lifting routine, i just swim about 10 laps a day and am going up, and i run a couple miles a day, and im not losing or gaining when im eating less..idk what to do.

Blanche_Soprano
03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
What has worked for me is cutting out 100 calories at a time. Spend a week counting how many calories you eat a day, take the average and cut 100 cals off of that. Spend a few days or a week at this level and then cut out 100 more. Go down to the reccommended level using the formula Mr. D laid out. This way it's a slow process and you don't end up starving yourself and cheating.

Mr. D
03-16-2007, 04:49 PM
You need to track what you are eating on www.fitday.com ASAP. You need to know how many cals you are consuming, so you can manipulate that.

When setting up your diet, make sure you get 1g/LBM protein and 0.5g/LBM of Fats.

Mr. D
03-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Also if you do some searches on this forum, you will see a routine called WBB1. Get to know that program, its great for a beginner like yourself.